+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3/1 teen mom discussion thread **spoilers**

3/1 teen mom discussion thread **spoilers**

well here we are again...I just read the preview for tonights show on my tv and it said Jenelle and Keifer were going to ask Jenelle's mom if they BOTH could move back in...can't wait to see how that goes....I wish the show would get therapy for both of them and anger management
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Regular

Re: 3/1 teen mom discussion thread **spoilers**

Well, here goes.

I think Janelle would be doing a million times better without Keifer. She would be working, going to school, and living home with Jace. He's just plain lazy. He put in like 2 job applications and complains all the time about how he never graduated. If it bugs him that much, he should get his GED or at least talk to someone about getting back to school. That said, Janelle should not be smoking pot if she wants to get Jace back. I know she's afraid for Keifer to leave her, which makes sense since every man she's ever known (including her father) has left her without blinking twice. I feel bad for her for that...she has no idea what a functional relationship looks like with a man because every man she knows hasn't been there for her.

Chelsea...i'm out of things to say about her. She keeps saying Adam should change, but after that many chances, its clear he isn't going to. He's immature and she's ignorant for chasing after him and ignoring all her responsibilities and family and friends. She gives me a headache.

I'm not sure how to feel about Kailyn. I see why she wants to have a boyfriend other than Joe. They are broken up, and its sort of a moving-on-independence thing. However, she should be respecting Jo's parents rules since they're footing all her bills for now. She should do the responsible thing and focus on working and school and Isaac and tell Jordan that they can hang out as friends, but they need to just leave the relationship at that for now, because of her current living situation. I do think her mom needs to just give up on her and Jo getting back together. They've both grown and changed, and sometimes things just don't work out. Better they just stay friends and live separately than try to make it work a million times and end up being enemies.

I feel so bad for Leah Everything on the show for her is sad, except for the little bit they show about her and Corey's wedding. It's hard enough dealing with being a mom at 16..she's got so much on her plate. I hope the MRI turns out well for Ali!

FORT Fogey

I think princessleslie pretty much said it all. Chelsea is just like shampoo--lather, rinse, repeat. Only it's more like whimper, whine, repeat. I swear, between Chelsea, Adam, and Aubree, Aubree is the most mature of the three. She's certainly the most pleasant. The only thing I can add is that when Chelsea and her dad were talking about being in the park when she was little, it couldn't have been that exact park, because I don't think it was there eighteen years ago (I know for sure that if it was, it didn't look like that then, because it's been renovated within the last couple of years--but as childishly as Chelsea acts, maybe her father is thinking he pushed her in a baby swing more recently than he has). I don't buy Chelsea will get her GED any more than I bought that she'd get her high school diploma. The GED will be "too hard" too.

I get why Kailyn would want to be with Jordan. However, she should not be lying about it. It does seem unrealistic of Joe's mother to keep trying to encourage the two of them to reunite at this point. It's pretty clear that's not likely to happen. I didn't quite understand her telling Kailyn that she couldn't date if she wanted her in her life either. I think that they're pretty much going to have to be in each other's lives regardless, because of Isaac.

Jenelle, Jenelle, Jenelle....she just doesn't get it. She can't have all these dreams of success and expect them to just happen without getting realistic about how to make them happen. It's also just so sad that she's so desperate to hold onto Kiefer, when they've known each other for, what, a couple of months? They met during the summer, and she just started fall term, so it can't be much more than that. I understand that he tells her everything she wants to hear, but he's not making any real effort to get a job and lighting up reefer in front of Barbara's house was just inexcusably stupid, no matter how much they needed to, as Jenelle put it, "take the edge off." I don't like Barbara much, but she was right about that--if the wrong neighbor reported it to the cops, Jayce's custody could be brought into question. Jenelle just doesn't think before she acts too much of the time. What they really should have done before Jenelle and Kiefer moved in was sit down and figure out some rules of the house--like what exactly Jenelle and Kiefer could do, in lieu of rent, in exchange for staying there and some basic standards of civil behavior for everyone involved. It would have removed a load of tension. It was really sad when Barbara started crying and saying Jenelle needed therapy, because she keeps throwing herself away on guys who aren't worth it because a)it's likely true and b)Barbara needs therapy just as badly as Janelle does. I think Barbara may care for Jenelle just as Jenelle seems to care for Jayce, but that they're both so screwed up that they can't express their feelings appropriately. I also couldn't believe Jenelle suggesting in the previews that she just leave for New Jersey with Kiefer. You mean move several states away from your son, give up on college, and leave your job, just to hang out with a loser who tells you all the right things?

I really feel for Corey and Leah and am extremely grateful that they not only have each other but supportive families as well. I'm also glad that they at least have their wedding to look forward to and feel happy about, and I do think Corey had the right verb choice with regard to their nuptials. If your wedding and reception are being held in Coonskin Park, you're definitely getting hitched, not married. Incidentally, I thought there was just something so funny and right that that was the wedding site they were looking at, considering the goofy fun they had with their "redneck" family portrait and the way that Corey proposed. They obviously have a sense of humor about the whole rural Southern thing. I'm sure if the Darlings from the Andy Griffith Show were available, they'd hire them as their wedding band and everyone at the wedding would get a silly charge out of it (and truly, the people playing the Darling boys really could play bluegrass well). Thank God they're on the show, because without them, this would be an incredibly depressing season. Even with their daughter's health problems, they're the only ones who seem to have anything to be happy about ever.
    Last edited by Tilden; 03-02-2011 at 12:52 AM. Reason: paragraphing

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    What they really should have done before Jenelle and Kiefer moved in was sit down and figure out some rules of the house--like what exactly Jenelle and Kiefer could do, in lieu of rent, in exchange for staying there and some basic standards of civil behavior for everyone involved. It would have removed a load of tension. It was really sad when Barbara started crying and saying Jenelle needed therapy, because she keeps throwing herself away on guys who aren't worth it because a)it's likely true and b)Barbara needs therapy just as badly as Janelle does. I think Barbara may care for Jenelle just as Jenelle seems to care for Jayce, but that they're both so screwed up that they can't express their feelings appropriately. I also couldn't believe Jenelle suggesting in the previews that she just leave for New Jersey with Kiefer. You mean move several states away from your son, give up on college, and leave your job, just to hang out with a loser who tells you all the right things?
    I think thats the most logical idea, and for most families it would probably solve the problem, but i'd be willing to bet that in this case it would turn into a yelling match as usual. They both need to go to therapy together to learn how to communicate without yelling or beating each other up. And if she leaves for New Jersey with all that she's accomplished I might have to just stop watching the show for fear of punching my television.

And I would like to see Leah sit down and tell Chelsea how she really feels. Leah was able to finish high school at home while living by herself and taking care of not one, but TWO babies. Maybe Leah could knock some sense into her head.

I think Chelsea has not worked her learning muscle is so long that it has grown weak. Seriously, if you don't work the brain by reading and learning, you lose the ability. It takes lots of exercise to get it back. I really believe that.
    She just has no strength left in that area of her brain. Her dad needs to get her to a therapist ASAP. That needs to be a requirement to stay in the apt. Her self-esteem is so low that she can't think straight.

Oh Jenelle. I think that some community service at the homeless shelter and jail may help her. I hope it's only pot they were smoking and that it's not more serious.

Kaiyln just annoys me. I admire certain traits about her, especially her getting her education, but she seems to lack integrity IMO. Yes, I know Joe is a loser and totally not good for her, but still there is just something off with her. I think she is quite sneaky and a manipulator. It's a shame too, because I want to like her.

Prayers for Cory, Leah and the twins. Why doesn't the baby have those glasses on that were prescribed two episodes ago. Leah mentioned the eye doctor last night and what he had said. I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Prayers for Cory, Leah and the twins. Why doesn't the baby have those glasses on that were prescribed two episodes ago. Leah mentioned the eye doctor last night and what he had said. I don't get it.
    The glasses were prescribed at the end of last week's episode. When in real time did that take place, when were the glasses ordered, and when did they arrive? Are you saying that you know that Leah didn't have the glasses ordered immediately, didn't pick them up the second they arrived, and has been letting them collect dust?

Ali has been wearing those classes in magazines and other pictures taken more recently than this episode was filmed. She wears them.

In other words - the glasses probably had not even arrived yet when last night's episode was filmed. Again, it's easy to sit on our couches and think that more could/should be done, but in reality, Leah seems to be right on top of things and is probably getting them done in the most timely manner the system allows. I'm sure as soon as they do arrive, we'll see as part of the show Ali trying them on for the first time.
    _(Moo!)

FORT Fogey

Jenelle and her mother are just like all the frustrating cases that my husband and I dealt with while doing our foster parenting. I have no idea why when a parent is not fit that grandparents are just deemed fit. They raised the unfit parent, so at least make sure they are not part of the problem. I do not see Jayce safe with either of these two at the moment. Jayce should have been adopted out, as he deserves a chance at a real childhood.

I do not get Kailyn's situation at all. She is raising her son Isaac well. I do not see why the Joe's parents feel their help is only warranted if she is romantic with Joe. They owe the grandbaby to be there for him, and by default Kailynn will be in their life. I cannot believe that they are not proud of what she is accomplishing. My gosh the girl is doing two jobs and college along with raising their grandbaby. That is more than most kids ever succeed at. I do not see why as long as she is in college and working and parenting Isaac well that they lay off her. Now i f she was bringing boys to their house that would be a problem. It is not good for Isaac to have his parents together if they fight. I would be so proud of Kailynn for accomplishing what she is that given the horrific pressure that JO and her put on themselves by having a child when they were too young, that she is accomplishing a lot. If anyone is owed some help, it is her. I think that offering her a place to stay is a huge sacrifice to their lives, but I think in the long run considering it is bettering their grandson, and she is working and doing her share, it is a good thing. At least they know and see Isaac is ok. If they want her to do more around the house write a contract listing what she has to contribute to, and than if she does not, than kick her out.

Chelsea the spoiled brat should not ever have been on this show. Her situation is so unrealistic it is luducrous. How many ungraduated not working people have parents buy them a house like that or rent it or whatever. She is a narcissitic spoiled rotten person. I am glad to see she is a seemingly good mother, but she obviously does not appreciate what she has in that wonderful father. She treats Adam like he is the king. I think that Adam just wants to be on tv, and I think that Chelsea hates the fact that he does not dote on her like her dad, and is determined to make him do so.

I feel for Leah and Corey. I like them well enough, but I just hate seeing this beautiful baby going through this. I think that this show and situations like Leah and Corey give some teens the hope that if they have kids they will have a family.

Agree with what you all have said.
    I wonder where Jenelle and her loser BF are getting the money for the pot. It's ironic to me they can't afford an apartment but can afford their drugs.
    Same thing with Kail, she says she can't afford to move out of Jo's house but has money to go out to eat and play video games.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80 View Post
    Agree with what you all have said.
    I wonder where Jenelle and her loser BF are getting the money for the pot. It's ironic to me they can't afford an apartment but can afford their drugs.
    Same thing with Kail, she says she can't afford to move out of Jo's house but has money to go out to eat and play video games.
    That was a problem last season too---Farrah would worry about having to work extra shifts to pay her bills and then go out for mani-pedis with her one year old. I think the real problem is that too many of the young women on this show don't seem to understand finances/saving well at all.

FORT Fogey

They are getting paid by MTV. Haven't you noticed an improvement in Leah's hairstyle too? Plus how does she afford her home? How did Maci afford her apartment on teen mom 1? Is Chelsea's dad really paying her rent?

I certainly think Jenelle's mom could benefit from parenting classes. Honestly, I just think her hands are full with a bad kid and she defaults to squawking because nothing else works. In many cultures, yelling is normal and it has no negative effect on babies so I don't think all the arguing is really that bad but it couldn't be good. Angry yelling has got to be stressful on the guy or it has got to be teaching him some habits that aren't acceptable in our culture. I hope Jenelle leaves so there will be peace in the house. She is a criminal. She doesn't need to be around her son.

I like Kailyn's story the most. I'm not sure how I feel about Joe. He was horribly immature during 16 and Pregnant and he really treated Kail poorly with all the fits he threw. He is more mature now but still throws the fits. I think he is a bit controlling. Living with Joe is the best option for her but he wants that to mean that they are still together. I am not sure it would work otherwise. I don't think Kailyn needs to give him any more chances. I think Kail will be on her own once those MTV checks come in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast