+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2/22 Teen Mom Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

2/22 Teen Mom Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Please use this thread to discuss the show!! Thanks and enjoy!

FORT Fogey

Re: 2/22 Teen Mom Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Okay, I guess I'll start. I'm watching the late repeat of the show right now. I feel so sorry for Leah with regard to Allie's health issues. I'm glad she and Corey seem to be a solid couple, because they're going to really need each other and the twins are going to do them. The proposal was cute, though I knew what was going to happen on that fishing trip. I'm surprised Leah didn't. I liked their minister too. I hope he does some really strong premarital counseling with them, especially given the problems they're likely to face with the twins.

I didn't quite catch all of Kailyn's story, but it sounded like Jo's back to being a jerk. The fact that she feels she has to work two jobs and go to school to make a life for herself and her son is very sad. I think if she had someone reliable in her life--like a parent who could offer emotional support--it would make a great deal of difference for her. She undeniably makes mistakes, but she does try.

Which brings me to Chelsea....Man, does she need to have a little chat with Leah and Kailyn about how "hard" her life is. The fact that she's now snapping at her father when she's done absolutely nothing with regard to getting her classwork done--she still has five classes left???--and will likely do no better at getting a GED, which she's regarding as "just one test" (yeah, bubblehead, but you still have to pass it, which means you have to study for it, and we've all seen how well you do at that) makes me livid. But, you know, her life was just soooooooo complicated, what with Adam and Megan and Aubrey...and no job...and no bills...and a house paid for by daddy...that she just couldn't get anything done. I can tell her father's getting more irritated, but he's still not taking a stand. He told her that he was paying for that house on the condition that she finish her high school degree. She hasn't done that or even made any sort of progress toward doing that, though she has managed to invite Adam in to live with her, resulting in the exit of the roommate her father had approved. Daddy dear needs to tell her to start packing her bags, because the free housing is over, unless she wants to come back home. I really think he could do that, because there's no way Adam is going to be able to afford an apartment for them, and Aubrey isn't ambitious enough to want to really live on her own. My guess is she's whine and cry and then be back home before the day was out, because it's what's easiest for her. And the one consistent in Chelsea's behavior is that she always does what's easiest for her.

As for Jenelle....well, at least she made it to class. And her mother did tell her she was proud of her for going to school. But other than that, she's still a mess, and someone needs to inform her that financial aid was never meant to help her get an apartment with her boyfriend. There is aid for on-campus or school-approved/owned housing, but not just for living wherever with whomever. You can get loans to do that too, but financial aid is supposed to be for books, tuition etc. She also got lucky if her book bill was only $200 for a full semester's worth of classes. There are single texts in some majors that are almost that much on their own. I get the impression Jenelle just has no idea how much anything costs or how to manage on her own. Kiefer, however nice he may be to Jenelle, also strikes me as a slacker. He said he had all this experience and could get a job anywhere, and yet he's made no progress in that area at all. Even Jenelle has managed to get a job. Why can't he? Right now, I'd say Jenelle is dreaming if she thinks she's going to regain custody of her son any time soon. Especially given the previews for next week.
    Last edited by Tilden; 02-23-2011 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Corrected paragraphing

and Aubrey isn't ambitious enough to want to really live on her own.
    I hope not! She's just a baby, lol. I know you meant Chelsea, but it was funny.
    And ITA with everything you said here! I can barely stand to have Chelsea on my TV anymore with all her whining. And to think, I felt sorry for her on her original episode. Any sympathy I once had for her has vanished.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Regular

I was on MTV.com and they had some discussion thing about what people thought about Chelsea letting Adam stay and not staying true to her friend. No one (and i do really mean NO one) agreed with Chelsea. Every single comment said that she was wrong to do that after what Adam did and how much Megan stood by her. I just dont understand how so many people can be telling her she's wrong and she still thinks she's right.

Also, in this weeks after show Chelsea said that she and Megan are still really good friends, she just doesn't live with her anymore. I don't really know what to think about that but I just thought I'd throw it out there...

I have lots to say about this ep too.

Kailyn/Jo- When she confronted him in the kitchen, I just wanted to say "you say things like this to me and expect me to live with you? No freakin way" Its borderline abusive in my eyes. I have seen in a magazine (spoiling because it hasnt aired)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    that Kailyn has since gotten a place of her own and is again seeing Jordan, so maybe he can help her out with the money situation. (Also kinda unrelated spoiler- Jo was recently cited/arrested for pot possession I think it was!)
    She really wants to get out and get on with her life, I just hope it really all turns out ok for her.

Chelsea- She doesnt realize how good she has it. And why cant she see EVERYone around her doesnt like this guy?!? I know love is blind, but I have to hope watching this show back has taught her some things. If i were her dad I would put my foot down about the guy, I know he is baby daddy, but he has just as much responsibilty as Chelsea to take care of the baby- even if it is only to watch her so she can "study" like her dad said.

Jenelle- proud of her for following thru going to school, but she too seems to have a long road ahead of her. her bf seemed ok until she wanted to better herself. Previews dont bode well.

Leah/Corey- I really feel for these too, I love them. Its hard enough having twins at a young age, and then for one of them to have issues has got to be unnerving. I was crying right along with her in the car. Good thing is- my niece had a similar problem with her eyes. It was my understanding that its not a brain issue but an eye muscle issue. My niece had to start wearing glasses at a young age to help and it seems to have helped a bit, she is a healthy happy young lady. They want to put off surgery until she has developed more. So the eye issue may totally not be related to the other issue.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    I hope not! She's just a baby, lol. I know you meant Chelsea, but it was funny.
    And ITA with everything you said here! I can barely stand to have Chelsea on my TV anymore with all her whining. And to think, I felt sorry for her on her original episode. Any sympathy I once had for her has vanished.
    Sorry, it was either the lateness of the hour or that I mistook Aubrey for being more mature than Chelsea. Either is certainly possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Sorry, it was either the lateness of the hour or that I mistook Aubrey for being more mature than Chelsea. Either is certainly possible.

lol! Chelsea is so stupid I want to slap the taste out of her mouth! The previews for next week look like she's finally seeing how Adam is still the same.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I sort of felt sorry for Jenelle last night. She talks ambitious but she needs to knock off the weed and it seems like her boyfriend is dragging her down.
    I felt so bad for Leah and Corey, I hope their baby is OK.
    I also felt bad for Kailynn, two jobs, school and baby, that's alot! Plus her baby daddy needs to grow up!
    Chelsea is such a twit! And her father needs to stop being the enabler. If he's paying all the bills in the house he should kick Adam out.

FORT Fogey

I feel badly for Jenelle. She seems to want to do the right thing, but her mother is expecting her to fail, she wants her to fail, and that takes it's toll. That doesn't excuse some of her behavior but it's still important.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I don't get why Chelsea (among others) believe Adam has a "job" working construction with his dad. He never goes to work, does he? He has no money. And Chelsea mentioned in this episode he needs to get a job - at least part time. What the hell? And where are the parents of these boys? I get so mad a Chelsea I'm gonna slap my tv!! GRRRR. Did she actually just say that life is too stressful for her??? Sigh. (And please, Chelsea, get your hair out of your eyes!! Please!!)

Not sure what to think of Jenelle. She's obviously not stupid - except when it comes to boys. But I'm sure mom has had some hand in that - she'll probably never have a healthy relationship. I think Keifer thinks he's got a nice free ride, and so far....he does.

I've had a hard time deciding about Kailynn. At first it seemed she just got all the bad breaks. Now it's like no matter what decision she makes, it turns out being the wrong one. Can that all be chance? Hmmmm.

Oh, poor Leah. Makes ya wonder why, sometimes.... Although having a sick baby has brought her and Corey closer, so maybe there is some purpose. Seems so sad, the poor kid.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast