+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2/15 Teen Mom Discussion

2/15 Teen Mom Discussion

No thread from last night??

What an incredibly depressing episode. Jenelle seems to finally be getting an idea of how much she is missing out on in Jace's life. Chelsea is letting her best friendship die to be with someone who still is acting like a jerk. Kailyn needs to break clean from a relationship with Jo but doesn't have the financial resources to do so... it was just sad to watch all around. Even the positive steps in Leah and Corey's relationship were not enough to redeem the episode in a positive light.

Side note - I cut Leah some slack because twins are a different ballgame than I'm used to, but I hope she breaks that bottle in bed habit before too long. That can be a nasty one to stop, and it's terrible for baby's teeth.
    _(Moo!)

Re: 2/15 Teen Mom Discussion

Jenelle, and her boyfriend too, were so obviously stoned in all the scenes. I can understand why Barbara won't let Jenelle take Jace anywhere. She's higher than a kite.
    Chelsea needs a slap unside the head and her father needs to stop being the enabler.
    I wonder when MTV pay these girls for being on the show because then Kail won't have money problems anymore.
    I think Leah and Corey will make it. Why is it taking so long for their baby to get that MRI? Does she have to be a certain age?

Straycat, I'm wondering the same thing. Why wait so long for the MRI? How in the world would a doctor prescribe physical therapy when they do not have a diagnosis? It's unreal? I don't get it. I found an article that says that any age baby can received an MRI.
    Children's Memorial Hospital (Chicago, IL)
    Maybe it had something to do with cost approval. Are the kids on Medicad or dad's insurance? I just feel for baby and her family. It looks like bad news is up head. Did you see the previews where they are talking about the problem being in her brain? So scary.

My questions is if Janelle is so bad, why do her friends allow her and her boyfriend to sleep over so much? Hmmm.

While I seem to always be defending Barb, I really wish she would get some parenting classes. She really does not understand that things that Jace is experiencing now will mold who he is as a person. Remember when she said that Jace wouldn't remember what gifts he got for his birthday. I think she believes he won't remember the fussing and fighting either. She's wrong. All that verbal abuse will change who he is as a person. I hope Jace gets some peace at his daycare everyday.

Chelsea now has what she wanted, her little family with her baby and the baby's daddy. Let's see how happy she stays. Did you see her boyfriend shake that kitten? OMG. She didn't even tell him to stop. I would NOT leave the baby with this man. I think he may think that shaking her would be funny or something that he could tick Chelsea off by doing. He's just a mean person IMO. I hope the baby does not pay for her mother's obsession with the person.
    Last edited by Debb70; 02-16-2011 at 11:01 AM.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4195590;
    Straycat, I'm wondering the same thing. Why wait so long for the MRI? How in the world would a doctor prescribe physical therapy when they do not have a diagnosis? It's unreal? I don't get it. I found an article that says that any age baby can received an MRI.
    Children's Memorial Hospital (Chicago, IL)
    Maybe it had something to do with cost approval. Are the kids on Medicad or dad's insurance? I just feel for baby and her family. It looks like bad news is up head. Did you see the previews where they are talking about the problem being in her brain? So scary.
    That's really interesting...I thought babies had to be at least a year before they can have an MRI. I think it has something to do with the imaging and how its processed. Plus you have to be completely still and clearly that is not a baby's strong point.

I felt really bad for Janelle. She made a really great effort this episode. She went over to her mom's to personally thank her for signing the papers, and even with no job she bought Jace a present she thought he would like. It would have been easy for her to buy some dollar store thing and claim she had no money, but she didn't. I think it was really rude of Barb to say Jace wouldn't even care or remember it. We know that at 16 they're not going to remember getting a car when they were 1, but its the fact that they're going to enjoy it for the time being and have fun. Also, her mom started yelling at her to help the second she walked in, and she was yelling even after Janelle said okay, ill help you with the crepe paper and she was putting her things down. I think she just needs some good classes to learn how else to divert her anger.

I don't even want to rant about Chelsea this episode because she said and did so many stupid things that it would take up a whole page.

Oh, they do have to sedate the babies when they get an MRI. My niece had an MRI for seizures she was having when she was 6 months old. She will have to have them regularly for the rest of her life due to her condition.

Did you see the concern on the face of the therapist? She seemed very concerned.

I think that Leah and the community she is in is just different. They think it's okay for a baby to go to sleep with a bottle. They think wearing a cap inside is okay. I was always taught you don't wear a cap inside. It's rude. It's a different world really. Did you hear the dad bragging on being rednecks when they took their portraits in camoflage? Why would you be proud to be a redneck? He must have been reading some blogs about the show.

I really hope Leah can further her education. Her life seems very limited if she doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4195618;
    Oh, they do have to sedate the babies when they get an MRI. My niece had an MRI for seizures she was having when she was 6 months old. She will have to have them regularly for the rest of her life due to her condition.

Did you see the concern on the face of the therapist? She seemed very concerned.

I think that Leah and the community she is in is just different. They think it's okay for a baby to go to sleep with a bottle. They think wearing a cap inside is okay. I was always taught you don't wear a cap inside. It's rude. It's a different world really. Did you hear the dad bragging on being rednecks when they took their portraits in camoflage? Why would you be proud to be a redneck? He must have been reading some blogs about the show.

I really hope Leah can further her education. Her life seems very limited if she doesn't.
    I was glad you got to the point about sedation, because that's what I was about to mention as I read. Probably between sedation and cost approval, there's a month or two delay as it's seen as a non-life-threatening problem.

Also, these girls are close to a year old. My daughter had a CAT scan done after a car accident at 11.5 months old, and it was hard to get her to stay still enough for that, but it happened. Perhaps they are trying to avoid sedation by waiting until she's old enough to be still, since she is close enough already.

Point is, I'm sure there is a reason, and that it is not neglect or irresponsibility on the part of the parents or the doctors.

Second point - I have a cousin who with her husband strive to be rednecks. They are young and stupid and I would like to smack them upside the head. I think Cory sees it as a joke on himself, not a serious ambition. He works and provides for his kids, he just likes camo and trucker hats. More power to him.
    _(Moo!)

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4195618;

You're totally right. I've lived in the south for about 10 years now and its just starting to all make sense to me. If you aren't from the south it isn't going to make sense. It's just the lifestyle down here, just like northerners have their own trends and traits.

There is DEFINITELY a difference between being country/southern and being a redneck. I don't think he's really a redneck...he does work hard and hes not a complete idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by princessleslie;4195699;
    You're totally right. I've lived in the south for about 10 years now and its just starting to all make sense to me. If you aren't from the south it isn't going to make sense. It's just the lifestyle down here, just like northerners have their own trends and traits.

There is DEFINITELY a difference between being country/southern and being a redneck. I don't think he's really a redneck...he does work hard and hes not a complete idiot.

I know what you mean. I have lived in the south my entire life, but there weren't any rednecks in my family until recently. It's difficult to describe, but redneck is a combination of traits. Honestly, if you ever heard Jeff Foxworthy redneck jokes, you know what I'm describing because they are really on point. I"m not being mean, it's true. I love some rednecks, but sometimes, I do have to hide my disbelief or laughter in the things they come up with. (Redneck weddings are the best.)

I guess it's to each his own. It's not my cup of tea. I like a more cultured guy who dresses well. LOL

FORT Fan

Did anyone else notice that when Janelle went to her mothers to thank her for the forms Jace was playing with all of his birthday presents? I find this odd since this is where she was asked by Barbra to come to the birthday party next week. . .

Chelsey is a friggen moron. If it was just the friend who couldnt get along with Adam, fine. But when your friend and father see a problem, maybe you should look into it. Tell that piece of crap to either get along with her or move the hell out. Shes such a great mother to that child yet shes so stupid in every other aspect of life.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post
    Did anyone else notice that when Janelle went to her mothers to thank her for the forms Jace was playing with all of his birthday presents? I find this odd since this is where she was asked by Barbra to come to the birthday party next week. . .

Chelsey is a friggen moron. If it was just the friend who couldnt get along with Adam, fine. But when your friend and father see a problem, maybe you should look into it. Tell that piece of crap to either get along with her or move the hell out. Shes such a great mother to that child yet shes so stupid in every other aspect of life.
    Well she was whining about trying to stay out of it! Um, Dad needs to tell her "staying out of it" would mean Adam wouldnt have moved in in the first place! And he is manipulating, and verbally abusing BF - good for her friend for standing up for herself and moving out! Too bad chelsey hasnt a clue!

Now I have asked often about this money distribution - because Amber of Teen Mom 1 sure has money now - and it looks like Gary wants in on that - I certainly would hope the money would go into a trust fund for the baby - but that doesnt appear to be the case (Amber had to disclose the amount to the court, she didnt want to,but was forced to report it!)

TMZ had a shot of Janelle and Kailyn at LAX - I wonder what was up with that!

and I too would like to have some sympathy for Janelle, but knowing she was arressted for burglary and drugs, I have none.

Leah - someone please stop her from propping bottles, and no bottles in the crib...

I thought there was a report on the MRI... I'll have to google!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast