+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2/15 Teen Mom Discussion

Re: 2/15 Teen Mom Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    If your baby was in what condition?? We have no idea what condition she's in. Probably what she meant by "we don't know anything yet" was that the MRIs didn't explain anything, and they're still trying to figure out what's wrong. If she's trying to stand that's a good sign.

The condition that I was referring to is her daughter's difficulty in using her limbs. And judging from the recent photo of her daughter, she has vision impairment. I won't forget the look on the doctor's face when he examined the child and said something was not right. The physical therapist also looked immediately concerned. The baby was crying as if in pain when Leah was giving her the exercises and she had to turn over. Rolling over should not be painful for her. I think all of these factors indication she has a condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    The condition that I was referring to is her daughter's difficulty in using her limbs. And judging from the recent photo of her daughter, she has vision impairment. I won't forget the look on the doctor's face when he examined the child and said something was not right. The physical therapist also looked immediately concerned. The baby was crying as if in pain when Leah was giving her the exercises and she had to turn over. Rolling over should not be painful for her. I think all of these factors indication she has a condition.
    That may be true, but at least we know that there are real doctors involved at some level, and they are not us.

If the neglect were to be serious, those doctors would have the right and the duty to report Leah and Cory to child protective services. As they have not done so, the pace of Alli's care and treatment must be meeting some standard.

It's easy to play doctor, watching shows like this. It's like when men play coach or quarterback from the comfort of their lazy-boy. As I recommend to my husband, I think this is best left to the professionals involved.
    _(Moo!)

I certainly do not profess to make any diagnosis regarding Leah's baby or any or other child. I was saying that they should search to get a diagnosis. I have no reason to infer any neglect towards Leah and Cory. From what I've seen that provide the twins good care. A mother has to go with her instincts. Leah kept saying how worried she was that there was something really wrong. She was right. I don't think she should ignore those instincts, but get to the bottom of the problem.

I think most message boards are full of people giving their take of the situation and how they think think things could be done better. I don't have an issue with. I like getting different takes on things.

I think all the Mom's put the babies to bed with bottles I know for sure Isaac goes to bed with a bottle but I'm not certain on Aubree or Jace.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by karna68 View Post
    I think all the Mom's put the babies to bed with bottles I know for sure Isaac goes to bed with a bottle but I'm not certain on Aubree or Jace.
    Most moms I know do that...i mean usually they feed the baby the bottle instead of just sticking them in the crib with it, but either way they're getting a bottle before bed...there isn't too much of a difference. Some of the babies aren't even 1 yet..definitely little enough to still have a bottle right before bed.

Quote Originally Posted by princessleslie View Post
    Most moms I know do that...i mean usually they feed the baby the bottle instead of just sticking them in the crib with it, but either way they're getting a bottle before bed...there isn't too much of a difference. Some of the babies aren't even 1 yet..definitely little enough to still have a bottle right before bed.
    There is a difference, though. Putting a child to bed with a bottle can mean them falling asleep with the liquid in their mouths. Not good for teeth and a possible chocking hazard as well.

Omg this Adam kid is really beyond stupid. So the person who lives in a house rent free, is going to tell another person who was invited to live rent free for rent money? If I was Meagan I would have told him to get lost. Chelsea girl you can always find another man, a good friend is hard to replace.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

While I think it's ridiculous that Chelsea's dad was paying for both girls to live in the house, he knew that Megan would be living there and was okay with it. What was NOT okay was for Chelsea to invite Adam to live there without her father's knowledge. Furthermore, since her father is footing all the bills, it's really up to him to decide who should pay rent and who doesn't have to, not Adam or Chelsea. He's their de facto landlord. If he says Chelsea and Megan may live there free but Adam has to pay $100 a day to stay there, he can. Or he can say Adam doesn't get to live there, period. It's his house.

Chelsea was way out of line inviting Adam to live there when she knew Megan wasn't crazy about the idea and she knew her father would hate it. I wish her father would take a definite stand and tell her, no, Adam will NOT be living there on his dime. If he stays, he has to pay X amount of rent on time, every month, or he will be evicted just like any other tenant. Or better yet, that Adam will be evicted right now, because he never agreed to "rent" to him in the first place. Unfortunately, I think Chelsea's dad is afraid of losing contact with her and with Aubree if he takes too firm a stand so he just lets things go---and in the long run, that's not doing anyone any favors. Except maybe for Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Omg this Adam kid is really beyond stupid. So the person who lives in a house rent free, is going to tell another person who was invited to live rent free for rent money? If I was Meagan I would have told him to get lost. Chelsea girl you can always find another man, a good friend is hard to replace.

Adam is not a man, lol. He wishes.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I certainly do not profess to make any diagnosis regarding Leah's baby or any or other child. I was saying that they should search to get a diagnosis. I have no reason to infer any neglect towards Leah and Cory. From what I've seen that provide the twins good care. A mother has to go with her instincts. Leah kept saying how worried she was that there was something really wrong. She was right. I don't think she should ignore those instincts, but get to the bottom of the problem.

I think most message boards are full of people giving their take of the situation and how they think think things could be done better. I don't have an issue with. I like getting different takes on things.
    But you are implying that she's neglecting to get her baby adequate medical care, in saying that she "should" follow her instincts. Maybe she is. Probably she is. If she can't talk about it because of her MTV contract, well, I don't see any problem with that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123