+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2/1 Teen Mom Discussion *spoilers*

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

2/1 Teen Mom Discussion *spoilers*

Please keep this week's show discussion in this thread!

Thanks!
    Wake up and be awesome

Re: 2/1 Teen Mom Discussion *spoilers*

I was glad to see Joe give Kailyn the money for school....but I don't know why she hasn't applied for a pell grant to pay for it

still on the fence about Chelsa and Adam..only time will tell the tale as to whether he has really changed

Happy for Cory and Leah....I hope they make it

Jeannelle...what is there to say...urghhhhhhhhhhh ..other than she is just not ready to grow up and be a mother
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;4175685;
    I was glad to see Joe give Kailyn the money for school....but I don't know why she hasn't applied for a pell grant to pay for it.
    I was also wondering...she would definitely qualify for some grants, and I also wondered why she wouldn't take out a loan if she needed help paying for school.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by princessleslie;4175738;
    I was also wondering...she would definitely qualify for some grants, and I also wondered why she wouldn't take out a loan if she needed help paying for school.
    I couldn't figure out why she didn't seem to know how much she owed or when it was due either. That's all taken care of long before orientation at most places, simply because it's pointless to sit through orientation if you're not going to be able to attend classes if you can't afford tuition. I have no idea what's going on with the financial aid situation at that school, but they should have someone available to help students figure out loans, scholarships etc. for which they can apply.

I was glad to hear that Joe is working full time and was happy to see him actually interacting with his son.

Did I hear Jenelle's advisor correctly? She seemed to be impressed by Jenelle's grades. I have a hard time seeing Jenelle as having achieved much academically, given her attitude/work ethic. Can't say I'm overly impressed with her new, unemployed boyfriend either. On a semi-related note, has anyone else noticed that the family cat always seems to be sitting in exactly the same place every time we see it? It's like it lives on that kitchen counter. It bothered me that no one seemed to be watching Jayce as he crawled all over the house either, to the point where they lost track of him at one point. I kept waiting for him to figure out how to push the door open and take off (which, given the atmosphere in that house, would show amazing foresight on his part, but still....)

Chelsea just keeps looking less bright every time she's on screen. Did she really think her father would never find out that she was seeing Adam again? Did she really think he'd take her sneaking around behind his back to see him well? Does she really think he won't find out she's let him move in? Every time she says she should be studying, but she's too distracted, so she's going to the zoo or going shopping or whatever, I just roll my eyes. She's never going to get that high school degree in time, and if she doesn't, I hope her father stops paying for everything (though I suspect he won't because of his concern for Aubree, and I can certainly understand why he would be concerned). She's no more ready to be on her own and making adult decision than your average five year old.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4175987;
    ]
    I was glad to hear that Joe is working full time and was happy to see him actually interacting with his son.

Did I hear Jenelle's advisor correctly? She seemed to be impressed by Jenelle's grades. I have a hard time seeing Jenelle as having achieved much academically, given her attitude/work ethic. Can't say I'm overly impressed with her new, unemployed boyfriend either. On a semi-related note, has anyone else noticed that the family cat always seems to be sitting in exactly the same place every time we see it? It's like it lives on that kitchen counter. It bothered me that no one seemed to be watching Jayce as he crawled all over the house either, to the point where they lost track of him at one point. I kept waiting for him to figure out how to push the door open and take off (which, given the atmosphere in that house, would show amazing foresight on his part, but still....)

Chelsea just keeps looking less bright every time she's on screen. Did she really think her father would never find out that she was seeing Adam again? Did she really think he'd take her sneaking around behind his back to see him well? Does she really think he won't find out she's let him move in? Every time she says she should be studying, but she's too distracted, so she's going to the zoo or going shopping or whatever, I just roll my eyes. She's never going to get that high school degree in time, and if she doesn't, I hope her father stops paying for everything (though I suspect he won't because of his concern for Aubree, and I can certainly understand why he would be concerned). She's no more ready to be on her own and making adult decision than your average five year old.
    I was also glad to hear Jo is working. I know we all wondered what the heck he did all day while she was so busy. I was impressed that Janelle had good grades in high school. AND she graduated early. Maybe she's not as dumb as we all thought? I didnt notice the cat but next time I'm going to look

Chelsea is basically disrespecting everyone she knows other than Adam. I feel bad for Megan too because it seems like Chelsea didn't care what she thought about Adam moving in...and Megan has to live with him too. I foresee Megan getting fed up and moving out at some point. Chelsea is beginning to look as stupid as Janelle.

Quote Originally Posted by princessleslie;4176069;
    Chelsea is beginning to look as stupid as Janelle.

This!

I was glad to see Jo help Kailyn out also. Like others have mentioned, I don't understand why she hasn't looked into student loans, grants, etc.

Leah & Corey ~ glad they are back together! As long as they continue to put their children's needs ahead of their own, I think they will go the distance

Jenelle ~ not impressed with the new boyfriend. If he has so many skills & finding a job isn't a problem, then why doesn't he have a job? I'm sure her mother was wondering the same thing.
    That said, her mother was driving me crazy when she was screaming at her that she was going to be late to meet her school counselor. SHUT.UP! It seems like she just yells at Jenelle all the time, she rarely speaks to her. It's no wonder Jenelle's first response to her mom is to scream at her, even on the rare occasion her mother actually talks to her in a non-yelling voice.

Chelsea & Adam ~ I don't think Adam has changed one bit. Like I said in another thread, when he wanted to get back with her, he never did apologize for how he treated her before. All he said was that he had "reasons" for it. He still hasn't taken responsibility for his actions. And of course he wants to move in with her! Free rent! If he had changed, he would want to earn Chelsea's dad's respect & trust. He would get a place for them on his own dime & not mooch off of her dad, without his knowledge. They are both immature. I'm beginning to dislike Chelsea as much as I dislike Jenelle.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;4176177;
    That said, her mother was driving me crazy when she was screaming at her that she was going to be late to meet her school counselor. SHUT.UP! It seems like she just yells at Jenelle all the time, she rarely speaks to her. It's no wonder Jenelle's first response to her mom is to scream at her, even on the rare occasion her mother actually talks to her in a non-yelling voice.
    I really think her mother doesn't understand what she's doing. I saw the preview for next week and Janelle was crying and saying her mom never hugs her or tells her she loves her. I think it would make a WORLD of difference if Janelle's mom said something to the effect of, "Janelle I'm really proud that you went out and got a job" or "Thanks for bringing home such and such for Jace, that was a big help". Its little things like that that would make her want to work harder. I think she's just sick of never being appreciated or acknowledged when she does something right, and screamed at every time something doesn't go her mother's way.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;4176177;
    Jenelle ~ her mother was driving me crazy when she was screaming at her that she was going to be late to meet her school counselor. SHUT.UP! It seems like she just yells at Jenelle all the time, she rarely speaks to her. It's no wonder Jenelle's first response to her mom is to scream at her, even on the rare occasion her mother actually talks to her in a non-yelling voice.

I have not seen the epi yet (dvr) but its true all they do is SCREAM in that house all of the time. Poor Jace, he isn't even going to learn to talk, his first words he will SCREAM out you are a product of your environment.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread