+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1/25 Teen Mom Discussion Thread

Re: 1/25 Teen Mom Discussion Thread

sorry I feel for Kailyn...she is working she went to her college orientation tonight...but its almost like Joe's parents are telling her..if you want to stay here you have to just put up with whatever S*** our son dishes out to you and be a door mat for him or you can't have a place to live....and the previews next week are of Joe saying he wants to get back together...after all the crapola he has put her through...I wish she was closer to me..I would offer the child a home...she seems to really have her head on straight and is really being a good mom...its sad that her own family has treated her that way and I can't believe that there is no one in her family that wouldn't take her and the baby in
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4165497;
    I can't blame Jenelle's mom for not allowing her to take the baby out with her unsupervised. The grandmother now has legal custody. She is fully responsible for the babies welfare and safety.

She knows that Jenelle uses drugs. She admitted it to the attorney on tv. For her to allow an admitted drug user to unsupervised time with an infant is out of the question. If something happened like Jenelle having a car accident, DWI or arrest for some criminal charge, then DSS would be all over grandma. They could take action against grandma for allowing a known drug user to supervise the baby. I agree with her on this. I'm sure her attorney gave her strict rules on what to do regarding Jenelle and the baby. I'm glad she's not being slack about it.

Those sad looks Jenelle gives do not mean she is a responsible and law abiding parent. She needs to prove herself. That takes time.
    She can never prove herself if her mother won't let her. This began before Jenelle gave over custody. The mother won't let her do anything involving Jace, and when she does, it's only to tell Jenelle she's done it wrong.

That doesn't absolve Jenelle's wrongdoing, but she's more likely to get it together if she's got a fair shake.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;4166041;
    sorry I feel for Kailyn...she is working she went to her college orientation tonight...but its almost like Joe's parents are telling her..if you want to stay here you have to just put up with whatever S*** our son dishes out to you and be a door mat for him or you can't have a place to live....and the previews next week are of Joe saying he wants to get back together...after all the crapola he has put her through...I wish she was closer to me..I would offer the child a home...she seems to really have her head on straight and is really being a good mom...its sad that her own family has treated her that way and I can't believe that there is no one in her family that wouldn't take her and the baby in
    It does seem a shame that there isn't someone in a position to offer Kailyn more support than she's getting, because she seems like somebody who has a shot at making it if she just had a support system like Leah or Chelsea has. As I said before, her child seems well-cared for, and she appears to be doing most of the childcare herself. She is working part-time and planning on community college. Even if getting involved with Jordan might not have been a great idea timing-wise, he seemed like a decent enough guy and she wasn't jumping into bed with him, so perhaps she is truly going to be more cautious about that and has learned something from her unplanned pregnancy. For that matter, she didn't go out looking to find someone to date; they met at work and he approached her, not the other way around. I don't think she really went to work expecting a co-worker would fall for her.

What truly irritates me is that Joe doesn't seem to be doing much of anything. We've seen him take her places (and I do agree that it wasn't very nice of her to use him as a chauffeur to her date with Jordan without his knowledge), but so far as I can tell, he doesn't have a job and he doesn't appear to be going to school, and he hardly ever even holds his son. On their episode of Sixteen and Pregnant, his mother was willing to take him to task for behaving badly, but she doesn't seem to care much about that anymore.

FORT Newbie

Not that I'm a fan of Jenelle or anything, nor do I think she should've taken Jace to the fireworks unsupervised, but what was stopping Jenelle's mom from going with them and making it a family trip if Jenelle really wanted Jace to see the fireworks? It's not like Barbara had other plans for the child, as the show ended with her putting him in his crib and turning the lights off in his room. It seems like every small effort Jenelle makes to try to do anything for Jace is squandered by her mom, and then her mom throws it in her face that she needs to step up and take responsibility, which Barbara doesn't let her do anyway. The mother is definitely abusing her power of receiving temporary custody and is doing NOTHING to try to mend the relationship between herself and Jenelle, and Jenelle and the baby. There was a great opportunity for them to bond as a family and I feel as though Barbara ruined it just to be able to rub it in Jenelle's face that she has no rights to her own child.

I don't think either of them deserve that baby.

FORT Fan

I think there could have been a lot of reasons why Jenelle's mother didn't want her to take Jace to the fireworks. It would be past his bedtime. Jenelle didn't offer to include her mother (in fact, I'd bet that if Barbara did offer to come Jenelle wouldn't have let her). Her mom was probably exhausted after working a full day then returning home to take care of Jace. Jace was probably way too young to go to a fireworks show (I'm 26 and I still jump out of my skin if I hear a loud bang) Young children need structure, and keeping Jace up late would have messed up any schedule he might be on.

I may be one of the few who is sticking up for Barbara, but I really don't think she is abusing the custody situation. Look at Jenelle-for the baby's whole life, she's gone out partying and made that a priority over caring for her child. She admitted ON CAMERA, to a LAWYER, that she's a drug user (and she obviously hasn't stopped, despite claiming she would). She's made threats of violence toward her mother and actually has been violent to Barbara, again on camera. She walked out for days on end and left her son behind. If I had been Barbara, I'd have slapped her with not only the custody suit but also a restraining order, and she'd never have set foot in my house again. Can you really blame her for not trusting her grandson with Jenelle? I'd be afraid to leave that baby with that girl too.

Plus Jenelle only seems interested in doing the 'fun mom' things with Jace. She wants to take him to the fireworks, but she doesn't say anything about putting him to bed afterwards. She wants to pick out the clothes he wears, but doesn't mention changing his diaper or actually getting him into the clothes. She wants to play with him, but only when it's convenient for her (she acted like it was a huge deal that he kept throwing his bottle). She even said it herself earlier in the season-she SEES her son every day. Not she wakes up with him, feeds him, changes him, takes him to daycare, etc. I'd bet in the beginning, Barbara tried very hard to get Jenelle to do these things and realized that it's easier to just do them herself than nag at Jenelle. My guess is that Jenelle would get halfway through trying to get him into a onesie, get frustrated that he was wiggling around, and scream at her mom to finish the job. That's why I think Barbara doesn't let Jenelle do anything-she'd have to finish it anyway, so it's easier to do it herself from the start.

On a lighter note though, I love Leah (and Corey). I think she's my favorite of all the moms, even moreso than Maci. their girls are beautiful

FORT Fogey

I am having a hard time feeling sorry for or even liking Joe and his parents. Yes they gave her a home, but they do not support her much with help. Why could Joe or one of them not watch Isaac for her to go to her orientation? Why can they not come up with the same type of plan that Chelsea's dad did, you better yourself, we will help you out? She seems like a reasonably willing girl, and she is doing a decent job with her son. If they keep just giving her the cold shoulder, and harping on her, than she may stop that. It seems that they forget that they are in it for the baby too, and getting along with the mother, even if her choices are less than steller, should be a priority. I I think she just needs some support, and if Jordan was giving her that, and she was not sexually active with him, than I see no problem as long as she was still pursuing college, and caring for the baby.

Jenelle's mother is right that Jenelle is not ready to care for the baby, but I do not see her as much better. She raised Jenelle, and that always sticks in my mind when grandparents get custody of their grandkids when their kids turn out poorly. If she could not raise Jenelle, why should she get another chance to ruin another one? I think Jace should have been adopted out. I think it is highly unlikely in the near future that Jenelle is going to turn around. She has decades to have children, and Jace deserves everything in life, and he is in a crazy house with people that cannot get along. He is going to start to either hate his mother or grandmother as he ages for the fighting and situation they put him in.

Cory and Leah are amazing people. I know Corey screwed up, but all in all he seems like he has a great personality, and a decent head on his shoulders. Leah truly seems to have learned from her mistakes that you will never have perfection, but you have to be happy and fulfilled when you get close like she has with Corey and not worry about others. I think both of them needed that separation to truly value each other and their family in the making. I think they truly have a shot at making it. I hope that baby is ok, and I think that with them being on MTV we would have heard a slip if it was too awful bad, but fingers are crossed everything works out.

Chelsea has a great father. She is abusing the help he is giving her, and with Kailynn's situation it makes me sick. Her father is paying for all her expenses, and even doled out more immediately upon request to her this episode. I do not care if that boy has changed one hundred percent she owes it to that wonderful father she has to be honest with him. Yes the dad took care of Aubrey while Chelsea was out, but he also had his friends over at HER house that HER DAD is paying for. I have yet to see him offer any financial assistance, and if he was truly changed, like he claims, why not say I want to make it up to your father as well. I feel Chelsea is headed for a fall, and it is a shame. I almost with her father could adopt Kailynn as I think she would love and not abuse the support he gives.

FORT Fogey

Chelsea has a great father. She is abusing the help he is giving her, and with Kailynn's situation it makes me sick. Her father is paying for all her expenses, and even doled out more immediately upon request to her this episode. I do not care if that boy has changed one hundred percent she owes it to that wonderful father she has to be honest with him. Yes the dad took care of Aubrey while Chelsea was out, but he also had his friends over at HER house that HER DAD is paying for. I have yet to see him offer any financial assistance, and if he was truly changed, like he claims, why not say I want to make it up to your father as well. I feel Chelsea is headed for a fall, and it is a shame. I almost with her father could adopt Kailynn as I think she would love and not abuse the support he gives.[/QUOTE]

I was surprised that neither Chelsea nor her roommate said a thing about the fact that they left Aubrey alone with her baby daddy only to come home and find him with a couple of friends at their house. Yes, he fed and changed the baby, but did they know ahead of time that he was going to ask people over while they were out? Do they know what they did while they were there? Even if they just helped themselves to what was in the fridge, you shouldn't be doing that without permission from the owners of the fridge. On top of that, when she left, he was obviously paying at least as much attention to a video game--if not more--than he was paying to Aubrey.

You're absolutely right that if he had really changed, he would want to go to Chelsea's father with her and 'fess up that he'd been seeing Chelsea and Aubrey and be able to give him some indication that he really has changed---that he has a job or is succeeding in school or something. He should also be willing to then abide by whatever rules Chelsea's father sets up for that house, since he's treating Chelsea to that house. If Chelsea's over eighteen, then he doesn't have the legal right to be making decisions about whom she sees or whom she allows Aubrey to see (unless he, too, sued for custody), but he does have the right to pull his rental support if he doesn't feel Chelsea is living up to her end up the bargain he made with her (and thus far, it doesn't really look like she's making much progress toward getting that high school diploma). Chelsea strikes me as someone who's been rather spoiled by her parents, and she needs to wake up and realize how fortunate she is compared to most teenage moms and start reordering her priorities. She owes her dad a lot; she owes her baby daddy nothing, considering how he behaved in the past. That guy needs to prove himself to both Chelsea and her father if he wants to be part of Aubrey's life, because as it is, he has no legal rights to Aubrey at all, as he signed those away in a fit of teenage pique.

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev;4166181;
    I think there could have been a lot of reasons why Jenelle's mother didn't want her to take Jace to the fireworks. It would be past his bedtime. Jenelle didn't offer to include her mother (in fact, I'd bet that if Barbara did offer to come Jenelle wouldn't have let her). Her mom was probably exhausted after working a full day then returning home to take care of Jace. Jace was probably way too young to go to a fireworks show (I'm 26 and I still jump out of my skin if I hear a loud bang) Young children need structure, and keeping Jace up late would have messed up any schedule he might be on.

I may be one of the few who is sticking up for Barbara, but I really don't think she is abusing the custody situation. Look at Jenelle-for the baby's whole life, she's gone out partying and made that a priority over caring for her child. She admitted ON CAMERA, to a LAWYER, that she's a drug user (and she obviously hasn't stopped, despite claiming she would). She's made threats of violence toward her mother and actually has been violent to Barbara, again on camera. She walked out for days on end and left her son behind. If I had been Barbara, I'd have slapped her with not only the custody suit but also a restraining order, and she'd never have set foot in my house again. Can you really blame her for not trusting her grandson with Jenelle? I'd be afraid to leave that baby with that girl too.

Plus Jenelle only seems interested in doing the 'fun mom' things with Jace. She wants to take him to the fireworks, but she doesn't say anything about putting him to bed afterwards. She wants to pick out the clothes he wears, but doesn't mention changing his diaper or actually getting him into the clothes. She wants to play with him, but only when it's convenient for her (she acted like it was a huge deal that he kept throwing his bottle). She even said it herself earlier in the season-she SEES her son every day. Not she wakes up with him, feeds him, changes him, takes him to daycare, etc. I'd bet in the beginning, Barbara tried very hard to get Jenelle to do these things and realized that it's easier to just do them herself than nag at Jenelle. My guess is that Jenelle would get halfway through trying to get him into a onesie, get frustrated that he was wiggling around, and scream at her mom to finish the job. That's why I think Barbara doesn't let Jenelle do anything-she'd have to finish it anyway, so it's easier to do it herself from the start.

I agree with you. Barbara has responsibility of Jayce now. She has to ensure that he is safe. She cannot do that with Jenelle. I'm not sure people understand that if they end up in court for a trial on custody, not only will Jenelle's actions be examined, but Barbara's too. How can she justify allowing unsupervised time with Jayce when she is irresponsible, violent and does drugs? She can't.

There are many things Jenelle can do to prove herself. She could volunteer to take periodic drug test to show her mom she's clean. She could stay home and not go out partying. She could help with meals, household chores, running errands for her mom, and even enroll in a parenting class. When she went out shopping it would have been nice to brought some flowers or card for her mom saying, Thank you for all you have done for me. Honey is better than vinegar.

They didn't show it, but I bet the lawyer she saw told her to do all of those things. I know I would have.

FORT Fogey

Actually, I'm sure people here understand this situation.

Shouldn't the ultimate goal here be to get to the point where Jenelle has learned to be responsible enough to care for Jayce on her own? Unless Barbara wants to take over for good, which wouldn't surprise me. But let's not pretend that Barbara is doing all of this out of the goodness of her heart - she wanted control, make no mistake about it. Jenelle ISN'T ready to care for Jayce, but she's never going to get there on her own, and Barbara is making no effort to help her. That sounds like someone with an agenda to me.

I will be shocked if Jenelle regains custody of Jace before he reaches legal adulthood.
    _(Moo!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast