+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1/18 Teen Mom Discussion *spoilers*

Re: 1/18 Teen Mom Discussion *spoilers*

I also didn't like Jo's family ganging up on Kailyn. I bet if Jo was dating someone they wouldn't be giving him a lecture about how he needs to focus on putting Issac first. And Jo has no right to be pissed either. He doesn't want to be with her, but apparently she can't date anyone else either? WTH? I think they are being really harsh on her without a good reason, other than their son's ego. What they need to do is tell Jo to quit being an ass. Kailyn tried to work it out with him but he was having none of it, so what's she supposed to do? Sit around all day pining away for him? No way.
    I really feel sorry for her. Her own mom sucks, & now her "in-laws" (for lack of a better word) are threatening to kick her out for having a boyfriend (are they even that much? it seems like it was just a couple of dates). I could understand if she was bringing guys back to the house or staying out till all hours, or whatever, but she appears to be having simple dates, during the daytime, even taking the baby on at least one of them. it's not like she's out getting wild or shirking her parental responsibilities. She even has a job to try to support herself & Issac as much as she can.
    Last edited by holly71; 01-19-2011 at 06:18 PM.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;4154233;
    I also didn't like Jo's family ganging up on Kailyn. I bet if Jo was dating someone they wouldn't be giving him a lecture about how he needs to focus on putting Issac first. And Jo has no right to be pissed either. He doesn't want to be with her, but apparently she can't date anyone else either? WTH? I think they are being really harsh on her without a good reason, other than their son's ego. What they need to do is tell Jo to quit being an ass. Kailyn tried to work it out with him but he was having none of it, so what's she supposed to do? Sit around all day pining away for him? No way.
    I really feel sorry for her. Her own mom sucks, & now her "in-laws" (for lack of a better word) are threatening to kick her out for having a boyfriend (are they even that much? it seems like it was just a couple of dates). I could understand if she was bringing guys back to the house or staying out till all hours, or whatever, but she appears to be having simple dates, during the daytime, even taking the baby on at least one of them. it's not like she's out getting wild or shirking her parental responsibilities. She even has a job to try to support herself & Issac as much as she can.
    What irritated me about Joe's mom, whom I've liked up until this point, was that she harped on how Cailyn needs to put her child first. Actually, I don't have a problem with that sentiment, but that she doesn't seem to be insisting on similar behavior from her son. So far as we can tell from what we've seen, she does take care of her child, she does hold down a job, and her interaction with the new guy has been pretty limited and innocent--have we even seen them kiss? If Joe is willing to refrain from dating indefinitely, then, fine, she should have to as well. But unless they want to make it a condition of her living there that she not date--which they could, since it is her house--then they really can't expect her to never date anyone else once Joe has broken up with her anymore than they can expect him never to date anyone else.

FORT Fogey

I also thought it was weird that Leah's pediatrician never said anything about the baby's legs & arms at any of the dr's visits. I'm assuming this just based on Leah saying that she noticed this & that. She never said anything about the baby's dr pointing it out or anything like that. If that is the case, then time to find a new dr![/QUOTE]

I didn't like the pediatrician's attitude, period. It was so business-like that you'd think a purchase was being transacted. And yeah, if we can see on a television screen that something is up with that baby, then certainly a doctor should be able to notice it at a check-up. I also thought it was a little odd that Leah had to point it out to her mother, who's a nurse, and ask her if it was normal, unless her mom doesn't see the twins very often--I'm not exactly clear on how often Leah and her mom are able to see each other.

FORT Fogey

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the doctor's attitude! I thought it was just my emotions getting the better of me - that entire scene was upsetting.

I think the mother may have noticed as well it's just that it makes better tv to show Leah pointing it out. Are the twins beyond the age where they see a doctor very frequently? I know babies see them fairly often for a while, then less and less, I'm just not sure of the time line.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4154580;
    I think the mother may have noticed as well it's just that it makes better tv to show Leah pointing it out. Are the twins beyond the age where they see a doctor very frequently? I know babies see them fairly often for a while, then less and less, I'm just not sure of the time line.
    No they should still be seeing a doctor quite often, probably more than regular babies since they are twins. I think if a teenage girl could notice that and her pediatrician didn't mention it, she needs to find a new doctor for those girls.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by princessleslie;4154856;
    No they should still be seeing a doctor quite often, probably more than regular babies since they are twins. I think if a teenage girl could notice that and her pediatrician didn't mention it, she needs to find a new doctor for those girls.
    Were they preemies too? I can't remember. If they were, I'd think that might be another reason they might see a pediatrician a little more often than most babies, at least for a while.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by princessleslie;4153431;
    I completely agree with you! If Janelle's mom wanted her to take more responsibility for Jace she needs to push her and at least let her try to help with him. I think she just wants to "win".
    I couldn't agree more. It's been going on since they brought Jace home from the hospital. Mom always grabs Jace away from Jenelle (on the rare occasion Jenelle is having anything to do with that poor baby) and completely takes over, while demeaning Jenelle. (I also noticed that for the longest time after they brought him home, I didn't see either one of them hold him in their arms. He was always lying down propped up with a bottle in his face. Way to bond. )

I'd better stop now, or I'll just go on and on about each of their stories.

Kao

This is my first time watching this trainwreck. My god, are these girls FOR REAL!?

I think a lot of things have happened before the show starting shooting that contributed to Janelle's mom's being the way she is. That girl is horrid on the show. I can't imagine how she was when the cameras weren't rolling.

At this point the only parent I'm rooting for is Leah. I hope the baby is okay.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;4155015;
    This is my first time watching this trainwreck. My god, are these girls FOR REAL!?

I think a lot of things have happened before the show starting shooting that contributed to Janelle's mom's being the way she is. That girl is horrid on the show. I can't imagine how she was when the cameras weren't rolling.

At this point the only parent I'm rooting for is Leah. I hope the baby is okay.
    I'd add that Leah's baby daddy (whose name is escaping me at the moment) is the only guy involved who's being responsible too. He may not be perfect--who is?--but he's involved in his daughters' lives, he's working to help support them, and whatever his current problems with Leah are, he doesn't let it affect how he parents his children. The two of them hadn't been together very long at all when Leah got pregnant, which might have made some guys feel less involved and quicker to run, but he's been sticking it out and not really complaining much about how it's screwed up his life, as many of the guys on this show and Pregnant at Sixteen do.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;4154984;
    I couldn't agree more. It's been going on since they brought Jace home from the hospital. Mom always grabs Jace away from Jenelle (on the rare occasion Jenelle is having anything to do with that poor baby) and completely takes over, while demeaning Jenelle. (I also noticed that for the longest time after they brought him home, I didn't see either one of them hold him in their arms. He was always lying down propped up with a bottle in his face. Way to bond. )

I'd better stop now, or I'll just go on and on about each of their stories.
    I can't help Janelle at all when her mom does that. I'm sure at 16 she's nervous enough about being a new mother; she really doesn't need her mom yelling at her and telling her she's doing it wrong. I feel bad for her because she didn't really have anyone being supportive like the other girls :/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast