+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kailyn

Kailyn

A very motivated high school senior, Kailyn is the serious and stoic teen mom of baby Isaac from Nazareth, Pennsylvania. After discovering that she was pregnant with her boyfriend Jo's baby, Kailyn tried hiding the pregnancy for as long as possible from her classmates and friends. However, once she had to quit the Lacrosse team, everyone discovered her secret. With ongoing battles with her mother leaving her with no place to go, Kailyn was taken in by Jo's family who supported her throughout her pregnancy.

Kailyn and Jo's relationship begins to crumble under the stress of balancing their lives and raising Isaac. The non-stop fighting is wearing thin on Jo's family, and the two break up, with Kailyn continuing to live at the house, but this time in the basement. When she starts dating someone new, Jo and his family find out and she is forced to move back in with her unsupportive mother. To insure that she can independently support herself and Isaac, Kailyn juggles two part time jobs and a full course load at the community college while dating and being a full time mommy.

She hopes that all of her hard work will one day pay off with a successful career as a dental hygienist and a stable home for her favorite boy, Isaac.

Re: Kailyn

sorry I feel for Kailyn...she is working she went to her college orientation tonight...but its almost like Joe's parents are telling her..if you want to stay here you have to just put up with whatever S*** our son dishes out to you and be a door mat for him or you can't have a place to live....and the previews next week are of Joe saying he wants to get back together...after all the crapola he has put her through...I wish she was closer to me..I would offer the child a home...she seems to really have her head on straight and is really being a good mom...its sad that her own family has treated her that way and I can't believe that there is no one in her family that wouldn't take her and the baby in
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Regular

I agree. I feel like they tell her what she can and can't do all the time because they know she has nowhere else to go. I feel really bad for her...its hard enough to be a teen mom and its absolutely hard to have no family at your side so when you combine the two...i have no idea how she does it. She is definitely a role model for girls...she is handling everything so well and trying to move forward.

I do feel bad for Kailyn because of her lack of support from her family and stuff, but I can also see where Jo's parents are coming from. I bet he was really upset when he saw her change her facebook relationship status and their loyalty will always be to him first - no matter what he may have done or how he treated her. I think they were just trying to look out for his feelings by telling Kailyn she couldn't date anyone else.

I'm sad that Kailyn had to break up with Jordan, though. (especially since I read somewhere that they were still together) It was obvious how happy she was with him and he seemed to really be taken with her as well.

What about the preview for next week?! Very interesting to see them teasing them possibly getting back together. I think it would make her life easier for sure, but I don't know if I could get back with someone who was so mean to me.

FORT Fanatic

It was highly disrespectful to not only Jos family but to her child as well for her to do what she did. When she made the decision to go ahead and have/keep the child, she lost the opportunity to go out and date for a while.

Jos family is putting a roof over her head, food into her mouth and a ride to whereever she needs to go. To go and just change her status like that was disrespectful. Maybe she should worry about making more money so she can buy herself a car before she decides to start having sex again.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22;4166912;
    It was highly disrespectful to not only Jos family but to her child as well for her to do what she did. When she made the decision to go ahead and have/keep the child, she lost the opportunity to go out and date for a while.

Jos family is putting a roof over her head, food into her mouth and a ride to whereever she needs to go. To go and just change her status like that was disrespectful. Maybe she should worry about making more money so she can buy herself a car before she decides to start having sex again.
    I really don't think she was intending to be disrespectful. Jo made it clear that he did not want to be with her anymore. It's not like she broke it off with him & then went out to find another boyfriend. She tried to work it out with him but he didn't want to. She met the other guy (Jordan?) at work, it wasn't like she was "looking" for a boyfriend. He was the one that asked her out & if I recall correctly, she even declined at first.

I agree that letting everyone know by changing her Facebook status was not a smart move, but Jo's family also handled it poorly. They just all ganged up on her & started bashing her, basically accusing her of being selfish & not putting the baby first. You can have a boyfriend & still be a good mom! They are supposed to be the adults here, but they acted like a bunch of immature teenagers, ganging up on her like that. What they should have done is sat down with her & calmly explained why they didn't think it would be a good idea for her to get into a relationship right now. I'd also love to know if they would have the same reaction if their son was the one who started dating someone else. I bet not!

I also didn't understand how there was not one person in that house ~ especially Jo ~ who could have watched the baby so that she could go to her orientation without distraction!

I also think your last sentence is a bit presumptuous.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;4167163;
    I'd also love to know if they would have the same reaction if their son was the one who started dating someone else. I bet not!

I also didn't understand how there was not one person in that house ~ especially Jo ~ who could have watched the baby so that she could go to her orientation without distraction!
    Of course they wouldn't care if Jo started to date someone else, he is their son - if I were Jo I know my mom would react the same way. Most people love their kids unconditionally and don't always hold them to the same standard as everyone else. Kailyn is in a crappy situation right now but she put herself there. I didn't really think Jo's parents were asking too much of her, especially since they are "the only family who has ever been there for" her (her words).

But I totally agree with you about the orientation thing. I don't understand how there wasn't one person who could watch Isaac for her while she went, how long could she really have been gone? I felt so bad for her having to lug him all over the place with her.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by its_glinda_now;4168561;
    But I totally agree with you about the orientation thing. I don't understand how there wasn't one person who could watch Isaac for her while she went, how long could she really have been gone? I felt so bad for her having to lug him all over the place with her.
    I agree. It seems like anywhere she goes other than work she has to bring Isaac with her. I've never actually seen Jo watching the baby...I have a feeling even when Isaac is home while Kailyn is at work Jo's parents are most likely watching the baby.

FORT Fanatic

Bottom line, she should have went to them and said what was going on and not going on facebook and sharing it with the world. Id take that as a slap in the face. What do you think people who saw that thought about Jos family. How they allow this girl to live off them while shes dating another guy? I know shes a teenager and all and its immature but I can see why they would get mad. It was screwed up how they ganged up on her. Jo clearly hasnt wanted to be with the girl in a very long time (from what I remember of 16&Preg, he didnt really care for her then) but she is still living under their roof and their rules.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;4167163;
    You can have a boyfriend & still be a good mom!

I also think your last sentence is a bit presumptuous.
    When youre 17/18 and you are working part time and you have to live in the basement of your babies fathers parents house, I think you should be focusing on getting a better situation rather then dating. Like I said above, if she feels like their rules are mean, move out. Her situation sucks and I do feel bad for her but if you thought you were old enough to have a child, you need to act old enough to handle what having that child means. The girl can not take care of herself. Personally I dont think its presumptuous to say that taking care of her child and bettering their lives should come before dating a new guy.

Jos parents also need to step in and talk some sense into their jacka$$ son. He treats that girl like total garbage. He might not love her anymore but she still is the mother of his child and he needs to show her some respect and decency.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22;4172677;
    Jos parents also need to step in and talk some sense into their jacka$$ son. He treats that girl like total garbage. He might not love her anymore but she still is the mother of his child and he needs to show her some respect and decency.
    This I can agree with 100%!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast