+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kailyn

FORT Fogey

Re: Kailyn

I agree with some points on both sides about Kailynn. I think this girl has just had so many people not be there for her that she needed that when someone, Joe's parents, actually does something she just does not think it is permanent anyways. Her mother reminds me of my mother so much. They will be there when they want to be on their terms, but once their terms or their desire is not there, they are gone. Kailynn is so independent in so many areas, motivating herself with work and school that I give her some slack on the boyfriend thing. It is tough growing up with a parent who just does not seem to care about you all the time, but just some of the time.

Kailynn is going to school, holding down a job, and yes her housing situation needs to be the biggest priority since it is for the welfare of her child, but I do see her trying. If she was out with her boyfriend and skipping work or school, than I would have a huge problem with it. However, she is taking care of her son, working, and going to school. Chelsie has a home, but does none of the other stuff so I see her as worse.

In life to we cannot always pick when the good ones come along. Jordan may not be her lifetime soulmate, but he is a decent guy. It is horrid timing, and she really has a load on her hands, but he calms her, centers her, and is good in her life right now. If he was like Kiefer or Adam than I would have a problem with it, but when she said she needed to back off, he respeceted it, and he respects all the boundaries she sets up for them.

I think she is doing a great job with doing what she needs to under the extreme circumstances she put herself in, and was born into. Of course she is not perfect, but than who is, but she is doing a lot better than most of the teen moms on these shows.

It's great that Kailyn is so motivated, drug free, education minded, etc., however, I still think she has issues with authority figures. She needs to figure it out, because, you always have some kind of boss to answer to. Even if you own your own business, you have to answer to clients, accountants, landlords, etc. I hope she is able to learn conflict resolution. She seems to struggle with it.

That program to help with the apt. is wonderful! Those kind of programs are great. I have never even heard of anything like it in my area.

FORT Fogey

That does seem to be a good program. I do not see the authority problem other than I think she has never had one that she can trust completely to be there for her. I totally understand her because like I said above, my mother acts just like hers does. She will be so good one minute and so loving that you think wow she finally cares. Than my stepdad would start up about something, and she would go back to ignoring me. I too became very independent and learned to rely on myself. I too also like Kailynn wanted so desperately to succeed, but sometimes I was just so immature that I made mistakes. Now mind you I never had a child as a teen, but I do struggle sometimes getting things exactly right.

I think the fact that she has two jobs shows she is reliable. I hope that she makes it on her own, and she does succeed in life. So far I have not seen anything to suggest that she will not, but who knows.

MHCarrolton, it sounds like you had it really rough. I'm sorry you had such a tough time. I can imagine it would really hurt to not be able to count on your mom. I can't pretend to know how that feels. It's good you have such a good perspective on it now.

I think Kailyn has many good traits and that she will overcome the issues with her parents. (I haven't seen her dad yet.) She's still young still. I think that Joe's parents tried to be there for her. Yes, I know that he was a jerk and his parents sided with him too much, but the way she handled it, made it worse. I think that if Kailyn had played it differently, Joe's parents would have eventually sided with her. The problem with her seems to be dealing with conflict. If you don't learn how to do it, then you keep doing it wrong and you never learn from it.

I can understand she needs a soft place to fall. Did you notice how Jorden said he was happy living with his parents? He seemed so immature at that moment. Is he ready to be a step dad? Do you know what their status is now?

okay I understand her pride thing about getting food stamps but why in the HE** is she not getting child support for Issac ....seems like Joe and his family have plenty of money they could make things a little easier for her
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Are any of these teens receiving child support?
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Are any of these teens receiving child support?
    Last night Kailyn said she wasn't getting any from Joe, so that's why she filed for it.

Chelsea has said that she gets it from Adam when he works, but then she doesn't seem to ever get any. I do not believe Adam pays based on what I have seen.

Janelle mentioned it once about Jace's dad, but said he couldn't pay because of something. Either the guy was in jail or living in another country. I'm not sure if that has changed or not.

This poor girl just wants someone to marry her. If they are good with her child its a bonus. Tough times and a rocky road ahead.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    This poor girl just wants someone to marry her. If they are good with her child its a bonus. Tough times and a rocky road ahead.
    Well she heard you, Jupiter …

Teen Mom 2's Kailyn Lowry Quietly Marries Fiancé Javi Marroquin | E! Online
    KAREN

Sadly yes.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast