+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Jenelle

Re: Jenelle

I can't defend this girl anymore. I've tried to figure out if Barbara made her the way she is or if Barbara acts the way she does because of the way Jenelle behaves. Probably a little of both. The problem now is that Jenelle is an adult of legal age, & instead of making more responsible choices, she seems to be becoming even less mature & responsible as time goes on! She doesn't look for one moment beyond the minute she's living in. One day, she will get into real trouble & end up in jail, unless she makes some major adjustments, really fast. And I don't see it happening.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    I can't defend this girl anymore. I've tried to figure out if Barbara made her the way she is or if Barbara acts the way she does because of the way Jenelle behaves. Probably a little of both. The problem now is that Jenelle is an adult of legal age, & instead of making more responsible choices, she seems to be becoming even less mature & responsible as time goes on! She doesn't look for one moment beyond the minute she's living in. One day, she will get into real trouble & end up in jail, unless she makes some major adjustments, really fast. And I don't see it happening.
    I have seen several people make remarks in reguards to Jeanelle's IQ..I take it she is really one of those overly "smart" kids...well I have one of those..he's a boy thank goodness....but he skipped a couple of grades....and now I wish I hadn't let them do that...the emotional maturity never caught up with the intelluctial maturity...and the only defense I will offer is that kids like that..that have tons and tons of books smarts...seem to have absolutly no street smarts at all..they make the stupidest decisions when it comes to social situations....a lot of them seem to lack social skills...its like it goes over their head and they just dont understand it or get it at all..in Jeanelle's case...she is looking for validataion as a person..she thinks she needs someone to make her feel loved and can't be alone and I hate to tell her but what she needs can only come from within herself she will never find it in someone else..and until she finds those things in herself and learns to love herself she will never find a normal good relationship instead of the dsyfunctional ones she has now

I don't know what role Barbara played in this in her upbringing..we weren't there...but all the yelling and screamoing itsn't going to get either of them anywhere..I would tell Dr. Drew that he needs for both of them to get counseling to learn how to communicate with each other cause whether they realize it or not...this will affect Jace they just don't see it yet but it will rear its ugly head sooner or later
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 03-19-2011 at 11:28 PM.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I have seen several people make remarks in reguards to Jeanelle's IQ..I take it she is really one of those overly "smart" kids...well I have one of those..he's a boy thank goodness....but he skipped a couple of grades....and now I wish I hadn't let them do that...the emotional maturity never caught up with the intelluctial maturity...and the only defense I will offer is that kids like that..that have tons and tons of books smarts...seem to have absolutly no street smarts at all..they make the stupidest decisions when it comes to social situations....a lot of them seem to lack social skills...its like it goes over their head and they just dont understand it or get it at all..in Jeanelle's case...she is looking for validataion as a person..she thinks she needs someone to make her feel loved and can't be alone and I hate to tell her but what she needs can only come from within herself she will never find it in someone else..and until she finds those things in herself and learns to love herself she will never find a normal good relationship instead of the dsyfunctional ones she has now

I don't know what role Barbara played in this in her upbringing..we weren't there...but all the yelling and screamoing itsn't going to get either of them anywhere..I would tell Dr. Drew that he needs for both of them to get counseling to learn how to communicate with each other cause whether they realize it or not...this will affect Jace they just don't see it yet but it will rear its ugly head sooner or later

The show has never made any direct references to Jenelle's I.Q. or general intelligence, beyond a couple of people (e.g. the financial aid officer at her junior college) saying she had "good grades." That phrase was never defined, so we don't know if that means straight As, straight Bs, or a mix of the two. The assumption has been that since it's quite clear that studying wasn't exactly a top priority for her in high school, given her attitude in Sixteen and Pregnant, that she must have some intelligence to get decent grades anyway. However, we don't actually know what the grade inflation was like at her high school (or the pressure on teachers to inflate those grades), what courses she took etc. Let's face it, at almost every public high school there are some courses that are easier and some that are harder, and everyone who goes to that school knows it. I hate to mean, but I find it hard to believe she's all that exceptionally bright, because we've yet to see her focus on anything. Most bright kids, even if they let subjects in which they are not interested slide, find some area that excites them and get fascinated by that. Jenelle doesn't seem to have the drive to be really interested in anything for more than a few minutes at a time. She says she wants to be a film editor, but have we heard her say even one word about a favorite film? Have we even seen her sit down to watch a film? Have we seen her take so much as a photograph of anything? I realize watching her watch a movies would be dull for the audience, but the fact that she never even mentions film at all seems very weird.

FORT Fogey

Highly intelligent book smart people a lot of the times like to associate socially with people they feel are their intellectual inferiors. Barbara sees it as Jenelle is a whore, but that is just part of it. She likes Kiefer because she feels she is smarter than him. My son who has Asperger's is in fourth grade, however he school wise is at eleventh and twelvth grade level. In contrast though he likes to associate with my five year old nephew and his five year old sister way more than anyone close to his age. His therapist said that is because he likes to show off in his mind with his lack of intelligence in reference to books, and socially much younger people do not walk away or get annoyed by it like kids his age and older.

FORT Fogey

On behalf of people everywhere who did get good grades in school, I think it's oversimplifying to say they often like to hang around with people who make them feel/look smart. For instance, of the dozen or so people who were my closest friends in high school, maybe one of them wasn't on the honor roll too, and she was an extremely gifted artist, so while she wasn't great in all academic areas, she excelled there. But I've also had friends who aren't academically inclined but who share other interests and again, have talents in other areas, many of which easily exceed mine in those same areas.

If Jenelle is hanging around with people dumber than she is to make herself feel better, that's a problem she has and others may have as well. But I don't think it's typical of all people who are intelligent or even typical of people in general. If Jenelle needs to hang around with scum to increase her self-esteem, then there's something wrong with her--and perhaps she just isn't as smart as she, and others on the show, seem to think she is.

And I'm sorry if I sound snippy, but it bothers me that people who are "book smart" are too often automatically assumed to be socially inept and thus need to show off their brainpower to feel superior. It's simply not always true. In fact, it may very well be the exception, rather than the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    On behalf of people everywhere who did get good grades in school, I think it's oversimplifying to say they often like to hang around with people who make them feel/look smart. For instance, of the dozen or so people who were my closest friends in high school, maybe one of them wasn't on the honor roll too, and she was an extremely gifted artist, so while she wasn't great in all academic areas, she excelled there. But I've also had friends who aren't academically inclined but who share other interests and again, have talents in other areas, many of which easily exceed mine in those same areas.

If Jenelle is hanging around with people dumber than she is to make herself feel better, that's a problem she has and others may have as well. But I don't think it's typical of all people who are intelligent or even typical of people in general. If Jenelle needs to hang around with scum to increase her self-esteem, then there's something wrong with her--and perhaps she just isn't as smart as she, and others on the show, seem to think she is.

And I'm sorry if I sound snippy, but it bothers me that people who are "book smart" are too often automatically assumed to be socially inept and thus need to show off their brainpower to feel superior. It's simply not always true. In fact, it may very well be the exception, rather than the rule.
    I apologize if I made it sound like "all" book smart people are that way...I was just making refernces to what I myself have witnessed in my own son..he is now 22 and is a lot better with socializing but there are still times when he talks in a way that is 10 feet over someone's head and a lot of these times he does it on purpose because he finds it entertaining

Has anone seen this reality show on OWN that documents the lives of young women who are in prison? It's called Breaking Down the Bars. I can easily see Jenelle there. There is a certain mentality that these women have or had that is VERY much like Jenelle. Most have family members who saw it coming and the daughter would not stop and ended up in prison. Some of them even have custody of the inmate's children.

I sure would hate to see Jenelle in prison for 5-10 years like some of those girls, but she is so stubborn, I would not be surprised if she eventually ends up there.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I apologize if I made it sound like "all" book smart people are that way...I was just making refernces to what I myself have witnessed in my own son..he is now 22 and is a lot better with socializing but there are still times when he talks in a way that is 10 feet over someone's head and a lot of these times he does it on purpose because he finds it entertaining
    It wasn't just you, and I wouldn't have responded if it had been just one comment. In fact, I almost didn't respond, because I didn't want to offend anyone, but I also didn't want Jenelle's behavior excused because, hey, if people are "book smart," they must have limited social skills and make poor decisions in the real world. I don't think that's necessarily any more true of people who are academically inclined than it is of people who aren't--and I spend a lot of time both with people who are academically inclined and those who aren't. Besides, if people who aren't smart are given the excuse that, well, they make poor decisions because they're stupid and people who are smart are given the excuse that, well, they're smart but their stupid about "the real world" (as if the academic world isn't as "real" as, for instance, the world of a hospital or a factory or whatever), then no one's responsible for their behavior. At this point, I don't think Jenelle has an adequate excuse for her behavior (nor does Barbara) unless there are emotional/mental issues in play of which we are not aware. I realize we can see that there probably are, but at this point, we don't know exactly what they are or why they're in play.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    Highly intelligent book smart people a lot of the times like to associate socially with people they feel are their intellectual inferiors. Barbara sees it as Jenelle is a whore, but that is just part of it. She likes Kiefer because she feels she is smarter than him. My son who has Asperger's is in fourth grade, however he school wise is at eleventh and twelvth grade level. In contrast though he likes to associate with my five year old nephew and his five year old sister way more than anyone close to his age. His therapist said that is because he likes to show off in his mind with his lack of intelligence in reference to books, and socially much younger people do not walk away or get annoyed by it like kids his age and older.
    I really don't think Jenelle is purposely associating with Kieffer because he is less intelligent. All of her friends seem to be in the "party" crowd which doesn't seem to have the best and brightest in it. Also, she mentioned another reason she likes him during the scene with her crying in her bedroom--he gives her attention, and listens to her, and basically does the things the absent father in her life should have done (she feels).

That being said, I'm not convinced she's that bright. Maybe if she wasn't stoned in all the scenes...

Jeanelle...Jeanelle...when are you gonna grow up and forget about boys here I was thinking after the laster article she was finally getting on the right track..but NOOOOOO she has to get back together with Keifer

Teen Mom's Jenelle—Is She Really Back With Slacker Boyfriend? - E! Online

We'll let Jenelle Evans field that one herself:

"Yes," the Teen Mom 2 trainwreck tells E! News. "We are back together."

What the what?!

How about those pesky assault allegations she made against her on-off-back-on slacker of a boyfriend, Kieffer Delp? And the ones he in turn lobbed back at her?

PHOTOS: 16 and Pregnant's Teen Moms: Where Are They Now?

Those are history. Along with reconciliation, Jenelle, 19, and Kieffer, 20, agreed to drop their dueling complaints.

The dynamic duo, who while together were homeless, caught using drugs and stealing her mother's credit cards for an impromptu road trip—which resulted in Jenelle's firing from her waitressing job. (Kieffer, a high school dropout, hasn't expressed any interest in joining the ranks of the employed.) Jenelle was shown on Teen Mom 2 sleeping in her car after she ran out of cash and Kieffer hightailed it back to New Jersey.

But all that drama is apparently forgotten.

Added bonus: Jenelle will also avoid jail...at least for now.

See, the Teen Mom star was facing some quality time behind bars for contempt of court for skipping a hearing in the now-dismissed assault case. But her lawyer tells us the judge let it slide after Jenelle finally made it to court yesterday and explained she had car trouble and didn't have cash for a cab.

"Her mom was not able to give her a ride [either], "says attorney Dustin Sullivan. "She has been in court every single time and that was the only time she missed a hearing. Once we explained that to the court, they dismissed the contempt charge."

But Jenelle's legal troubles do not end there. Baby Jace's teen mom is facing multiple misdemeanor charges from two separate cases.

On April 14, Jenelle has a hearing on counts of possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana and breaking and entering.

Then, on April 29, Jenelle has another hearing regarding the charges against her of breaking and entering, injury to real property, trespassing and making harassing phone calls. Sullivan says he hopes that all the charges against his client will be dismissed.

Is it too much to hope that Jenelle will dismiss Kieffer?

+ Reply to Thread