+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: About the Show

  1. #11
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,796

    Re: About the Show

    Absolutely. I think they share the same emotional issues, but it needs to be made clear that the typical teen mom is not getting an MTV paycheck.

  2. #12
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,794

    Re: About the Show

    Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4144461;
    Absolutely. I think they share the same emotional issues, but it needs to be made clear that the typical teen mom is not getting an MTV paycheck.
    The typical teen isn't either!!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  3. #13
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,796

    Re: About the Show

    Oh yes, I know! Maybe MTV should have a show "fully-functional emotionally healthy teen girls handling themselves responsibly" It's a little wordy, but I'd love to be on it!

  4. #14
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,924

    Re: About the Show

    Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4144671;
    Oh yes, I know! Maybe MTV should have a show "fully-functional emotionally healthy teen girls handling themselves responsibly" It's a little wordy, but I'd love to be on it!
    That's a great idea. I'd love to see more of that. Sadly, what I keep seeing on MTV is more and more pathetic and violent conduct.
    What's wrong with those people who produce the shows? Are they just obsessed with violence.

    I hate to be picky and I know I am not perfect with grammar, but why do many of these people use such improper English? It's very bizarre that people don't hear how they talk. Many say for example, "I seen her in the yard" instead of "I saw her in the yard or I have seen her in the yard before." Why don't they know how wrong it sounds and how it makes them look? I don't know how they graduate or obtain a GED with such little knowledge of English.
    Last edited by Debb70; 01-13-2011 at 03:45 PM.

  5. #15
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    127

    Re: About the Show

    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;4143935;
    I have been a viewer of 16 and Pregnant and the first Teem Mom. However, I'm not sure I can contribute to the viewership of this one. I recently heard in the other thread how much they were paying the first set of Teen Mom girls and every time I have gone for groceries in the past several months I have seen one or more of those girls on magazine covers. Although the show has not portrayed them as living the high life, they also appear to get by fine without much financial struggle - Amber never appears to work, Macy is in school and getting a new apartment and we never heard her worrying about the deposit on a pretty nice place, Farrah is getting pedicures with her baby and seeing therapists. This is just an example of "reality TV" not portraying reality - being a teen parent IS a struggle and these kids would likely be living paycheck-to-paycheck if it weren't for the money they are getting for the show. That is all fine and dandy for them - they are earning money, taking care of their kids, and are hopefully being smart about saving. However, I feel like this show is reaching the point where girls might actually think "hey if I get knocked up maybe I can be on MTV and cash in!"
    I feel like they've showed quite a few struggles in the first season of Teen Mom. There has only been one episode of Teen Mom 2 so far, so I can't really say how this season will be, but in the first season they aired Farrah's loss of 3000 dollars when selling her car, and how much she struggled to pay rent. In fact, she struggled so much she ended up having to move back into her mom's rental house. I also remember Maci working ever since 16 and pregnant, and she worked the entire season of teen mom. I think for the new season they should try and get the girls to talk about their struggles with money more than just boyfriend drama and such.

  6. #16
    Team Channy MelFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    714

    Re: About the Show

    I miss Maci and Farrah............

  7. #17
    Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    3,159

    Re: About the Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4147216;
    That's a great idea. I'd love to see more of that. Sadly, what I keep seeing on MTV is more and more pathetic and violent conduct.
    What's wrong with those people who produce the shows? Are they just obsessed with violence.

    I hate to be picky and I know I am not perfect with grammar, but why do many of these people use such improper English? It's very bizarre that people don't hear how they talk. Many say for example, "I seen her in the yard" instead of "I saw her in the yard or I have seen her in the yard before." Why don't they know how wrong it sounds and how it makes them look? I don't know how they graduate or obtain a GED with such little knowledge of English.

    Sometimes listening to these people (some of the parents included) speak, it's like fingernails on a chalkboard. It seems as though they don't even know how to read, let alone speak. As far as getting a diploma or even a GED - I sure as hell would not give them a pass. Makes me glad I was so hard on my girls about that stuff. How can one survive in this country and hold a decent job without being able to speak properly?

    A bit OT, but I'm going to add - although it's a bit outdated - Amber put up a stink about having to study six hours a week to get her GED, and complained she simply couldn't find the time. I don't know what she was doing....but she wasn't looking after her child.

  8. #18
    80's Rule! karna68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,558

    Re: Leah

    So are the original Teen Moms (Maci, Farrah) done? I thought they were filming another season?

  9. #19
    FORT Fanatic its_glinda_now's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    California
    Age
    26
    Posts
    514

    Re: Leah

    Quote Originally Posted by karna68;4163320;
    So are the original Teen Moms (Maci, Farrah) done? I thought they were filming another season?
    In the commercials for Teen Mom 2 it said that the stories of Farrah, Maci, Catelynn and Amber weren't done yet - I think they'll show the original girls again after this season is over.

  10. #20
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,924

    Re: Leah

    Quote Originally Posted by its_glinda_now;4163381;
    In the commercials for Teen Mom 2 it said that the stories of Farrah, Maci, Catelynn and Amber weren't done yet - I think they'll show the original girls again after this season is over.

    TMZ had a couple of phots of Maci today. In one she was doing a beer bong and the other one she was dancing with a beer in her hand. They say she's 19.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.