+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: Teen Mom 2 Season 3

Re: Teen Mom 2 Season 3

I usually just forward through Jenelle's appearances....and Leah's for that matter. Leah is so darn boring.

Chelsea is another story. I can't believe her father would drive her and friends two hours in his RV for a concert. Isn't this the same daughter who lied to him? Had Adam basically move in? The same daughter who quit her job, without having another one lined up? How is the girl supposed to learn how to live in the "real world". Must be nice. Of course, I have to keep reminding myself these are not typically teen moms. With brand new cars/suvs and nice clothes.

I have totally warmed up to Jo and Kailyn.

ITA...but as you said..definitely not nasty and mean. I think Chelsea has a kind heart, she just needs to be able to stand on her own two feet.

And, I think all the teen moms use that annoying baby voice..except Kailyn, Jenelle, and Catelyn from Teen Mom 1.

I think Patti Stanger could help these Moms!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Something about Chelsea reminds me of Farrah, only she's not nasty. Maybe it's that annoying baby voice she likes to use. She has her daughter sooooo spoiled and annoying that the child is almost intolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post
    This girl has been given so many chances and so many people have enabled her behavior that she just thinks everyone is supposed to cater to her needs. She doesnt think about what jail is and what having a felony record because in her whole life shes never had to answer to her actions. Do you know what would happen to her in prison? She would be made someones you know what on day one.

Im sorry but I dont buy that. She went to rehab and didnt smoke for that whole time. Im sure she didnt have a detox either. A psychological dependance is just her being a weak person who cant say no. Just say you want to smoke weed and dont make it as an addiction. Just admit that when you hand out with your friends, you have zero will power and just want to smoke. She doesnt need to smoke to get on with her life. She smokes because she wants to.
    I get someone being psychologically dependent on something but Jenelle is just a weak person with no grasp on life and how things work.
    As a recovering alcoholic I take serious offense to these statements. People who are psychologically dependent on drugs or alcohol, ANY DRUGS, are not "weak" and do not have "zero willpower". In fact many of them show incredible strength and willpower in other situations. Perhaps you were just talking about Jenelle. But be careful to make those generalizations about all addicts.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    ITA...but as you said..definitely not nasty and mean. I think Chelsea has a kind heart, she just needs to be able to stand on her own two feet.

And, I think all the teen moms use that annoying baby voice..except Kailyn, Jenelle, and Catelyn from Teen Mom 1.

I think Patti Stanger could help these Moms!
    Maybe I'm just not as generous of spirit as you are, but I find it hard to believe Chelsea has a kind heart, because she doesn't treat her father particularly well, and he's been more than loving toward her. Really, both her parents have gone above and beyond when it comes to being helpful to her. Yet she doesn't seek to return that consideration in basic ways--like really getting to work on that GED, when she knows her father (and, I assume, her mother as well) are really anxious to see her complete that. So far as we know, she's passed one section of it and the practice tests for the others in how many years? And she'd rather do pretty much anything than crack a book to get those tests over and done with so that she can get into beauty school, which she claims is her goal. As for Adam, she isn't so much kind and forgiving towards him as she is delusional. At some point, you just have to admit to yourself and everyone else that a relationship isn't going to work. And while I think Adam is an opportunistic jerk, even when both people in a relationship are decent sorts, sometimes they're just not compatible as a pair--and it may not be anybody's fault that they aren't. But when that's the case, you have to buck up and move on.

I do agree, though, that Chelsea definitely needs to learn to stand on her own two baby-voiced feet instead of wrapping her daddy around her little finger and getting her way paid through life. I think Chelsea's dad is starting to think that too, but I can see where he's torn about really pushing her out of the nest, because if she fails, Aubrey fails with her--and Aubrey is a totally innocent victim here. It's not her fault that her parents can't seem to grow up.
    Debb70 likes this.

FORT Fogey

I was also thoroughly confused by the university to which Leah applied. All of her courses--math, literature etc.--would somehow be related to her nursing major for her? She fails to meet the minimum grade on their version of the ACT, which I'd not heard of (doesn't mean it doesn't exist, of course; it just means I'm unaware of it), yet they not only still admit her but offer her a scholarship? Huh? I can understand financial aid, but a scholarship? Really? Scholarships are usually a little more competitive than that, and honestly, it's not such a terrible thing to take courses that aren't directly linked to your major. College isn't supposed to be just about earning a degree in a field that becomes your occupation. It's supposed to be about learning things that aren't necessarily related to what you'll be doing for a living, and for good reason. For one thing, you don't spend your entire life working, so it might be good to develop other interests and areas of expertise too. For another, sometimes by going outside your field, you discover that maybe there are other majors/fields in which you have an interest and talent too--and that may be even better suited to you than you thought your original choice would be. Or that would combine well with your original choice, thus making you even more employable. I'm sure that some students come in thinking they want to stick solely to their field, and it might work out for some, but what if it doesn't? And they're left with not a lot of other skills that could be applied to other kinds of jobs/lives? Most people change jobs, even careers, multiple times in their working lives. It's good to be a little diverse in your interests and training.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    As a recovering alcoholic I take serious offense to these statements. People who are psychologically dependent on drugs or alcohol, ANY DRUGS, are not "weak" and do not have "zero willpower". In fact many of them show incredible strength and willpower in other situations. Perhaps you were just talking about Jenelle. But be careful to make those generalizations about all addicts.
    If you read what I said, I referred to the weakness as something she has and not referring to addicts in general. I dont believe she is addicted to anything. I think she uses that as an excuse to smoke weed whenever she wants. The more I watch of Janelle, the more I see that she is someone who has never had to explain nor answer to any of her actions her entire life. She looks at everything like its no big deal and if something does happen, it will just be taken care of. ie: she goes to jail and just assumes her mom will bond her out and she can then still go to her precious Ke$ha concert. She fails a drug test and then assumes her lawyer will get her a cake deal and in the interm, she can still smoke weed. She is someone who needs to go to jail for a while and learn consequences. Look at how when she got out she turned the entire ordeal into her mothers fault. Listing all that would have gone wrong in her life had her mom not bailed her out. It has nothing to do with her doing something to go to jail but the problem in her mind lies in her moms failure.

I just read she got married yesterday to this new deadbeat shes with (he is currently in court over some felony impersonation charges. He claims hes innocent). The lung problem is because of Keiffer and the pipes he sells, not her weed habit (shocking. Not her fault)

FORT Fogey

Did anyone else notice that Jenelle told her mother she was running away from home? She's nearly twenty, so she's a legal adult. Can legal adults even run away from home? Obviously they can go missing, as anyone can, but I always thought running away from home was reserved for minors, not for adults who have the freedom to leave home if they wish to do so.

I did, however, feel terrible for Jayce, as he was sobbing "Mommy!" as she took off. I've also noticed that while her mother still raises her voice too often, she does seem to be trying to control that impulse a little this season, whereas Jenelle seems to go straight to screaming almost immediately whenever she's around her mother.

Tilden I was a bit perplexed with the college thing too. When I was applying to schools (almost 20 years ago now) I took both the SATs and ACTs. For a school to have their own version of an ACT? Im not so sure about that, it may just be an entrance exam. Having worked in the admissions office, I do know that test scores is not the only thing they go on when deciding to admit...like the lady said she had great GPAs and great motivation, so she must have "sold" herself well. I personally think the school took into account the publicity they could get with cameras on campus, and the exposure their school could get.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    Tilden I was a bit perplexed with the college thing too. When I was applying to schools (almost 20 years ago now) I took both the SATs and ACTs. For a school to have their own version of an ACT? Im not so sure about that, it may just be an entrance exam. Having worked in the admissions office, I do know that test scores is not the only thing they go on when deciding to admit...like the lady said she had great GPAs and great motivation, so she must have "sold" herself well. I personally think the school took into account the publicity they could get with cameras on campus, and the exposure their school could get.
    Oh, I know they consider more than the test scores, but for someone to fail to meet a school's minimum ACT (or whatever test it was they gave her) score and still get a scholarship, no matter how good their motivation/previous grades etc., just doesn't make any sense to me, unless the college/university is really desperate for students. I could understand a provisional acceptance--that is, accepting her and withholding scholarship money until she proved herself in their classes. I could even understand Leah being offered other sorts of financial aid. But scholarship money is generally reserved for the very best applicants, as it should be, unless the scholarship was set up by someone who wanted it to go to a particular type of student. I don't know of any university that has a special scholarship fund for single mothers, for instance, but I supposed it's possible if that was a condition of the donor of the scholarship. At any rate, if Leah couldn't make the minimum requirement on that exam, I don't see how she could have been among the very best of their applicants--and surely, other students with good academic records the equal of hers would also have passed the exam.

It wouldn't surprise me if the college was using her application/acceptance for the purpose of promotion, though it would disappoint me. I also found it disappointing that Leah's friend's first response was to want to talk about the guys on campus and to urge her to friend a virtual stranger on facebook, because he was cute. I'm not against anyone having a social life, but if Leah is going to go to college full time and be a single mom to twins, one of them with disabilities, it's not like she's going to have all that much time to date, and if her scholarship requires any kind of minimum accomplishment to keep it, she better start off concentrating on that--not guys and her hair. Otherwise, she's going to end up far short of her goal of earning a nursing degree in any kind of reasonable length of time.
    AmyKay likes this.

It seems that Jenelle is in rehab in NC. I won't post details here, but it's much more serious than she has been saying. It's on radaronline. They quote Jenelle's sister. Jenelle is really in a dangerous place. I don't have a good feeling about it.

+ Reply to Thread