+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: Teen Mom 2 Season 3

Re: Teen Mom 2 Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    None of the mom's on this season have finished school. They have quit or dropped most of their classes.
    Right. Kailyn was really the only one who seemed to actually earn some college credits. I wonder how far she got. I hope she will one day complete her degree, but that is not likely since she's married, probably relocating and pregnant. At one time she seemed so determined to get her degree. I don't think her finance supported that. Once the MTV money dries up, they may need the income.

I do remember Kailyn talking to her school counselor and saying that she had dropped all but maybe 2 classes. IMO she probably has very few credits.
    There's no place like home!

She was talking to a counselor either this season or last season, and he determined that if she continued taking as many classes as she was then (2 I believe), that it would take her 2.5 more years to finish her degree. Not sure what she was/is studying; I know she was interested in dental hygiene in her 16 & Pregnant episode but I thought she mentioned taking something else last season, but I could be wrong.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

Yeah, what the counselor said was rather odd, considereing Kailyn has said before that she was at a community college and she was working on an associate degree. That's a two year degree. It's difficult to figure out. Maybe the show will reveal more towards the end of this season about what the cast is doing now.

I thought Kailyn had graduated and is a dental hygienest(?) or am I thinking of someone else?

Maybe you're thinking of Leah? She worked in a dental office for about..ummm... a week?

Quote Originally Posted by karna68 View Post
    I thought Kailyn had graduated and is a dental hygienest(?) or am I thinking of someone else?

FORT Fanatic

Has anyone brought up that none of these girls mentioned "love" as their primary reason for getting married? Kail is doing it to bilk the system and live off of military money. Leah did it because it helped them get a mortgage. Janelle was engaged to Gary because he was the least drama of all the guys in her life.

Leah just makes me sick. I'm not saying Corey doesn't owe her money but her and Jeremy were the ones who bought a house and then all of the sudden realized Corey made more money. I wanted to strangle her when she said if he didn't pay more Jeremy would be more their dad. She's just a manipulative bi*ch and thinks she can walk all over men. I'm pumped for when the MTV money runs out and she's on her own.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post
    Leah just makes me sick. I'm not saying Corey doesn't owe her money but her and Jeremy were the ones who bought a house and then all of the sudden realized Corey made more money. I wanted to strangle her when she said if he didn't pay more Jeremy would be more their dad. She's just a manipulative bi*ch and thinks she can walk all over men. I'm pumped for when the MTV money runs out and she's on her own.
    It's especially upsetting to see since Corey is far and away the best of all the teen dads. He has always respected Leah and done the best thing for his kids. So Leah got his child support payment raised from $500 to $800, a very substantial increase, and still thinks he's not paying enough, and that will somehow make him less of a dad? I absolutely can't stand her.

I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up yet, but the episode where Gary proposed showed another poor puppy being given to someone ill-equipped to have one. Possibly the worst choice of all: Jenelle. I haven't seen the puppy since. I kind of want to know where it is now.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

I have no love for Leah, believe me, but getting a raw deal in child support is really unnecessary. The advice of an attorney would have helped Cory. Most states have formulas for determing child support amounts. You plug in the gross income of the parents, work related child care costs, give credit for health insurane premiums, etc. Using this information, you arrive at a number. That's pretty much it. Cory should have run the numbers to see what it was and negotiate accordingly. The court won't ignore the obligation because the other parent is a witch. And they won't count step dad's income on Leah's side. Of course, I'm not licenced in their state, but most states work that way. (There are calculators online for their state onf West Virginia.)

What I find frustrating is that Cory still thinks he can trust Leah and that she is somehow still a good person on the inside. I think he's deluded in believing this. I find her quite disturbing and sneaky. Those poor kids have her as role model. Scary.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't have a problem with Leah getting what she got for child support. Like Debb said, the court plugs the numbers into a formula and it is what it is. This money is not for Leah, it is for the girls. Supporting, non-custody parents tend to have a COW when their support is set....mothers AND fathers. They tend to take it personally.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread