+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: Teen Mom 2 Season 3

Re: Teen Mom 2 Season 3

The fact that Jeremy's gone so much means that Leah will be taking care of three children under the age of three by herself. Girl has no clue what she's getting into.
    prhoshay likes this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Fanatic

So if I tell my daughter she should be on birth control and not have a child thats going to make her more inclined to have unportected sex and want to have a child? Parenting isnt ignoring something. Its helping your children learn right and wrong. Leah doesnt have a clue.
    This isnt a girl wanting to go drinking with her friends or wanting to date the wrong guy. Leah is making serious decisions that will not only effect her life but the lives of children. That where someone should step in and be like knock it off, you shouldnt be doing this. Instead it seems like her mother is just like, whatever go ahead do what you want. I agree kids should make their own choices but when they clearly do not have the brains to do that, they need their parents regardless of their age.
    wymama likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You can tell your children all day long that they should use birth control, but the high number of pregnancies tells us that the decision is up to them. They are going to do what they are going to do. 'Shoulds' never have worked out that well, in my experience.

We raise them and HOPE that they have good decision-making skills. Only time will tell.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Don't forget the puppy!

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    The fact that Jeremy's gone so much means that Leah will be taking care of three children under the age of three by herself. Girl has no clue what she's getting into.

I am sure if Leah had gone to her mother with this hairbrained idea....her mother would have said are you out of your mind, this is the dumbest thing you can do. But Leah did not ask for advice she just did it. How can her mother do anything about it now?
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    There's no place like home!

Maybe Leah's mother is afraid of alienating Leah. Though if it were me, I'd definitely open my big mouth and tell her exactly what I thought risking alienation. I just couldn't stand there and keep my mouth closed. Again, though, that's me. Everyone handles things differently.

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I am sure if Leah had gone to her mother with this hairbrained idea....her mother would have said are you out of your mind, this is the dumbest thing you can do. But Leah did not ask for advice she just did it. How can her mother do anything about it now?
    holly71 and Jupiter like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

There's nothing wrong with opening your mouth and letting your stance be known, but I think you ought to be prepared to be ignored. They are teflon and all-knowing, but they learn as they make mistakes. They learn better and longer from making their mistakes than from just doing what WE think they should do. Sucks, doesn't it? I'd like to protect my child from pitfalls that I see coming, but I know that, for the most part, I can't. And I have to resist the urge to say "I told you so!"

Unless we want our children to be programmable robots where we can put in the information that we want them to have, and can delete what we see as wrong/unsmart, I guess we're stuck with people with minds of their own.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    There's nothing wrong with opening your mouth and letting your stance be known, but I think you ought to be prepared to be ignored. They are teflon and all-knowing, but they learn as they make mistakes. They learn better and longer from making their mistakes than from just doing what WE think they should do. Sucks, doesn't it? I'd like to protect my child from pitfalls that I see coming, but I know that, for the most part, I can't. And I have to resist the urge to say "I told you so!"

Unless we want our children to be programmable robots where we can put in the information that we want them to have, and can delete what we see as wrong/unsmart, I guess we're stuck with people with minds of their own.

I get the feeling that MTV coaches these parents, and the friends as well, to assume the role of listener and confidante. Even Barb and Farrah's mother from Teen Mom 1 are biting their tongues. And have you noticed that pretty much all the parents and friends do is ask questions? I think that's so the producers can advance the storyline without using confessionals. They want it to be like a real fly-on-the-wall documentary, most parents I know would have a lot more opinions than questions.
    holly71 and Debb70 like this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Regular

That just broke my heart seeing Corey cry about the news of the engagement and pregnancy. But I remember some time ago reading online that this pregnancy was already some time ago and resulted in miscarriage. When was this episode filmed?

Anyway, things seemed to have mended for both of them, according to this: 'Teen Mom 2' Star Corey Simms speaks out about Leah Messer-Calvert's pregnancy - Norfolk Teen Moms | Examiner.com

+ Reply to Thread