+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: Teen Mom 2 Season 3

FORT Fogey

Re: Teen Mom 2 Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    I've only watched half this past epi, but wondered why the heck is Leah wearing a sweatsuit while her girls are playing in diapers? Jeesh, can you say low rent? AND for her to want her mother to be "happy" for her is insane. So Leah is going to have two toddlers, an infant and a puppy.

Wow
    And in the last episode I saw, one of those toddlers was carrying a small, struggling puppy around and Leah's big reaction was to say off-handedly, "Don't hurt the puppy," as the toddler, clad only in a diaper, cruised right past her, the puppy still voicing its discomfort and displeasure. Any reasonable parent would NEVER let a child too young to be potty-trained carry a small breed puppy around on her own. It's dangerous for the toddler and the puppy (drop a small breed puppy, and you can do some pretty significant damage to it swiftly). The moment the puppy indicated it was upset by what the child was doing, even if she didn't mean to be hurting it, the two of them should have been separated. For that matter, no child that young should be left with a pet unsupervised. Again, it's just dangerous for both child and dog. Pushed far enough, even the sweetest dog in the world is going to feel trapped and defend itself, and puppies, like children, are more easily frightened and overwhelmed. That's why it's generally suggested that if there isn't already a dog in the household when the child is born, you should wait until the child is about four to get one. By the time the child is four or older, it's a bit easier to explain what can and can't be done with/to puppy and why (though, frankly, I'd still be pretty careful about supervising most four year olds with a dog too).

I did notice that Kail's friends were trying to convince her to get a dog once she got the new house, and she was quick to let them know that wasn't happening. Because I love dogs, I applauded her reasonable decision that neither she nor Isaac were ready for a puppy, fenced yard or no fenced yard.
    Debb70 likes this.

Yes, I've been trying to keep up on the present day events with these girls. It's depressing most of the time. I do wish Kaiyln well though. The girl does try and is the best of this group. I hope she gets the help she needs.

I am in favor of their being some kind of licensing to have pet dogs, similar to getting your driver license. You have to pass a written exam, pay a fee and show proof of financial responsibility. Some people treat a dog like an object for their amusement. They have no clue of what it takes to teach a puppy to be socialized and abide by house rules. They need walks, vet care, training, etc. They don't even know what abuse or neglect of a dog is and don't seem to care. They don't deserve to own a dog. A perfect example is Chelsea.

If there is good money left to be earned on this show, MTV will not cancel it. They are the lowest of the low networks IMO. They will go to any length with these families to gain profits.

Oh, did you see the aftershow with unseen clips? Dr. Drew did the opening and I could have slapped his face with all that insane talk about how the viewers had missed certain footage as they cheered on the moms and felt their heartbreak, etc. WHAT planet is living on???????? Fans aren't feeling that for most of those moms, except for Kaitlyn. Fans are outraged at Chelsea, Jenelle and Leah, and would like to shake some sense into them. He had to be reading a script. What hogwash. It's difficult to believe he is so desperate for money that he goes along with their program, defending and encouraging the crazy mom's horrible conduct AND THEN pretends to the camera that the fans LOVE THEM. Okay, I had to get that off my chest.

After I heard his pathetic introduction, I turned it off.

ITA! I think Dr. Drew lives on Planet MTV is MY Main Pay Check!

Teen Mom should show girls who drive pieces of crap, live in crappy triple deckers and standing at the grocery store swiping their food stamp card. THAT would be more of a reality then MTV's version.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yes, I've been trying to keep up on the present day events with these girls. It's depressing most of the time. I do wish Kaiyln well though. The girl does try and is the best of this group. I hope she gets the help she needs.

I am in favor of their being some kind of licensing to have pet dogs, similar to getting your driver license. You have to pass a written exam, pay a fee and show proof of financial responsibility. Some people treat a dog like an object for their amusement. They have no clue of what it takes to teach a puppy to be socialized and abide by house rules. They need walks, vet care, training, etc. They don't even know what abuse or neglect of a dog is and don't seem to care. They don't deserve to own a dog. A perfect example is Chelsea.

If there is good money left to be earned on this show, MTV will not cancel it. They are the lowest of the low networks IMO. They will go to any length with these families to gain profits.

Oh, did you see the aftershow with unseen clips? Dr. Drew did the opening and I could have slapped his face with all that insane talk about how the viewers had missed certain footage as they cheered on the moms and felt their heartbreak, etc. WHAT planet is living on???????? Fans aren't feeling that for most of those moms, except for Kaitlyn. Fans are outraged at Chelsea, Jenelle and Leah, and would like to shake some sense into them. He had to be reading a script. What hogwash. It's difficult to believe he is so desperate for money that he goes along with their program, defending and encouraging the crazy mom's horrible conduct AND THEN pretends to the camera that the fans LOVE THEM. Okay, I had to get that off my chest.

After I heard his pathetic introduction, I turned it off.
    Debb70 likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

A few weeks ago, I also saw that Teen Moms was going to be cancelled after the next season.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    A few weeks ago, I also saw that Teen Moms was going to be cancelled after the next season.
    Tons of rumors swirling around about canceling this show but NOPE, TMS4 starts Feb 18th.
    KAREN

I did not realize Chelsea's dad was a dentist. My friend is a dentist and they are loaded. So that is why he lives in such nice digs and can afford to support Chelsea with new apts and homes and new cars. BUT the best that Dr. Randy Houska did was KICK ADAM TO THE CURB because Chelsea could not seem to do that. Chelsea, STILL talking like a baby (after she passed her beauty school exam) when she thanked the head of the school. Gawd, Chelsea STOP IT. And getting all emotional when after Aubree called and Adam did not speak to her …. that was ALL Adam, just doing his usual baiting of Chelsea, seeing his name come up on the phone, only to find out it was Aubree and then not saying a word to her. Oh the games people play. I question this beauty school she will be going to if that dude with the LEOPARD spots who graduated from that school is doing Chelsea's MOP…..ugh. Gawd.

Jenelle, well I guess Andrew is the dad. And Barbara saying how screwed up he is … my gawd, Barbara if Andrew is screwed up what do you call JENELLE??? Jenelle's picture is in the dictionary next to the words "SCREWED-UP".

Leah, wow. She is so sneaky. And I did not see anyone CHEERING for her after she announced her pregnancy to her friend, to her mom, to Corey or even to Jeremy.

Kailyn still loves JO and she knows that JO and her will never be a couple ever again. To LASH out at JO after reading that nice note from Vee is soooooo wrong. And now we are all suppose to think its ok, because she is all over the internet stating she is bi-polar. Gawd.
    KAREN

From what I have read, once this new season is shown it will be over. I have not really understood if they are stopping production before it is finished though.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    There is nothing Leah's mother can do. She can voice her opinion and hope that gets through. Once the money from MTV is gone for Leah she will become a government paid unworker. Jeremy is not going to stay, once he starts watching the episodes and not if, but when he catches her cheating.
    She can be more of a mother to this girl and maybe explain how much of a mistake this all is. Maybe its because I didnt grow up in these redneck worlds where stuff like this happens all the time but I just dont get it. I dont think my parents or the parents of any of my friends would react by saying "oh well, youre over 18 theres nothing I can do" with the news Leah drops on them. Im sure Leah isnt a rare case either. This show really spends more time showing whats wrong with our society and does nothing to fix it other then fuel the fire. It really makes my blood boil thinking that in 10 years Leah is going to be living off of the government teet raising these children she never sholud have had in the first place.

As for canceling. I think MTV was saying they dont plan on filming anymore following this season.
    holly71 likes this.

I know my mom holds her tongue when it comes to bad decisions her adult kids have made. Mostly, it's because she is so attached to them, she's scared they will stay away if they sense she disapproves of their decisions. She's terrified that they might stay away and keep the grandkids away too, so she watches what she says. She knows it's not good, but still........maybe that's why Leah's mom holds her tongue on camera, however, the way Leah depends on her for child care, it's not likely she would keep the girls from her. lol

Oh, does anyone recall Leah telling Cory that Jeremy is gone out of town 6 days per week? It sounded like she was giving him the green light to keep her company while Jeremy is away. There are names for girls like her.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

As a mother, one thing I have learned is that the more we speak against something, the more in that direction your children will usually go. You usually learn pretty early that you are not going to be listened to; this is all a part of your children pulling away from you, like they are supposed to do. The smartest thing you can do is be prepared to be there should things go like you anticipate they will.....and be happily surprised when you are wrong.

Kids are entitled to live their own lives and make their own mistakes from which they learn. You cannot live their lives for them; it's not yours to live. We ALL do it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread