+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Teen Mom 2 Season 2

FORT Fogey

Re: Teen Mom 2 Season 2

Honestly, at this point I think jail may be the best thing that could happen to Amber, and for that matter, Leah. It gives Gary (and the state) a leg to stand on when they claim Amber is unsafe for Leah. She'll get court-mandated counseling and if she's addicted to drugs, well, jail is the fastest rehab there is.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I cannot imagine trying to work a forty hour work week and care for toddler twins, one of them with some serious developmental issues--and I'm a lot older and more mature than Leah. I think Leah was right to be looking for a part-time job, as she was initially, if being at home with the babies all the time is making her feel trapped.
    I agree. I think with a special needs daughter she needs to be at home, considering that paycheck from MTV that would allow her to do that.

Love reading everyones comments. I personally, think Leah will regret her decision to work full-time. She was lucky enough to be a stay at home mother to her babies. She could've continued her education at night, or worked part time. JMHO

FORT Fogey

Not everyone wants to be a full-time stay-at-home mom, and no one should be judged for working while they have children, in my opinion. If the babies were making her feel trapped, then she'll actually probably have a better relationship with them if she gets to leave the house for work and then come home to them, rather than resenting the fact that she's with them all the time. Now if it were me I probably would have gotten a part-time job, or arranged something so that they were with a babysitter or at daycare for a few hours a week so I had some time off.

Remember that not everyone's dream is to be a stay-at-home mom, and so it's not always "she's lucky enough to have this opportunity why isn't she taking it".
    AmyKay likes this.

I always dreamed of being a stay at home mom, but I learned quickly that it was not for me. I felt I was losing myself. My husband worked out of town alot and I didnt have too much family around. Looking back it may have been PPD, but I seemed to regain myself when I went back to work. I have a lot of respect for stay at home moms!
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

I will wait and see the comments if what the previews eventually show is correct.....Leah and the cheating. There is a reason she wants to get out of the house.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey

Being a mother period has to be more of a choice than an accident to a lot of people. Leah made the choice to have sex at a young age, and if she was not going to protect herself, than she had the potential to get pregnant. I am so sick of mothers complaining about being saddled with children when they do nothing to make sure that they do not have any until it is a better time or what they want. Leah may not like staying home, but unfortantely she is not in a position where she has rrom to be selfish.

I agree that staying home or working are both options for women and men. However, most people are responsiblle enough to wait to have children to make this decision when they are in a better spot in life. If these young people do not want to make the sacrifices that their irresponsiblity has put in front of them, than they should have adopted the children to families that were, and if they keep the children than quit the complaining and realize you put yourself in this position.
    captain and AmyKay like this.

FORT Fogey

I'd just like to point out that in my original comment, I didn't mean to imply that women had to be stay-at-home moms or working moms. I do think it has to be their choice (though for some women, it isn't a choice--they have to work to support their families). I just couldn't imagine not being exhausted if I were working forty hours a week outside the home and trying to take care of two toddler twins, one of them with special needs. When Leah originally went looking for work, she was looking for part-time work, not full-time, and I was concerned that she was taking on too much, even with family members pitching in for child care.

I didn't mean she shouldn't work outside the home if she wanted to do so. I was just worried that she might be stretching herself too thin, especially with the stress she feels because they can't seem to get a definitive diagnosis for her daughter, and that her original idea of just working part time might have put less of a burden on her.
    AmyKay and ButterflyFaery like this.

With a special needs kid and a spouse that could financially support us, I myself would be looking at part time instead of full time. I only have one child, I couldnt imagine 2 at her age and one of them being special needs. She gets props from me for sure.
    I didnt think about with what has happened between last nights show and now, like captain said, maybe she wasnt happy, period. Or ready to be married, for that matter.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

FORT Newbie

Not judging. I work full time. I just think Ali's care will suffer with her working FT. She seems to be acting selfish here. I have not seen this week's epi to see what develops though.

+ Reply to Thread