+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Teen Mom 2 Season 2

Re: Teen Mom 2 Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Chelsea's family clearly must have money with which they shower her. I guarantee you that with the average salaries in South Dakota, most employed, educated adults don't live as easily as she does. The cost of living is lower here, but still....she's definitely spoiled. What she earns working in a tanning salon part time cannot possibly pay for what she's casually spending. I spend a lot of time around young people her age, and they also do not have that kind of money, nor do they look or sound much like her. Thank heavens.
    Chelsea's father is a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by its_glinda_now View Post
    I'm sure they get a decent amount because the show is pretty popular. I hate the way they try to make everyone seem so broke all the time because I simply don't buy it.
    Except for Chelsea. Remember when she went in a store to buy a book on GED prep. It's great to prepare, but she picked that book up and bought it with a card so fast. The sales girl said the price. It was over $70.00! IMO that's a lot of money for a book she wasn't even probably going to use. Couldn't she have found one at the local library? Just wasteful IMO. Of course, she thought nothing of it. Pocket change for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Except for Chelsea. Remember when she went in a store to buy a book on GED prep. It's great to prepare, but she picked that book up and bought it with a card so fast. The sales girl said the price. It was over $70.00! IMO that's a lot of money for a book she wasn't even probably going to use. Couldn't she have found one at the local library? Just wasteful IMO. Of course, she thought nothing of it. Pocket change for her.
    I've quit watching the show, but I still lurk in the threads sometimes, & reading about these morons is almost as annoying as watching the show, so I don't know why I continue to do it, lol.

Anyway, I think if her local library has a GED book or even several, things like that tend to be on a long waiting list (not that it matters, since she's not in any hurry to take the dang test). That said, I'm sure she could have gotten a used one online for much less. She doesn't understand or care how much things cost because she never has had to pay for anything herself, & she probably never will, in all honesty.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I'm not sure where to put this, but I just read on TMZ that Amber was just released from jail, but not for a good reason. As it turns out, the facility that the judge had wanted her to go into refused to accept her into their program. They said she did have the right energy and was scared she would start trouble. So, the judge let her out with an ankle monitor until they can find her another program. Good luck.

Just watch. Amber will be drugging, drinking, fighting or hitting on someone before the weekend is over. I don't think that judge gets her yet.

FORT Fogey

I'm just curious...how bad do you suppose you have to be before it becomes that difficult to find a facility that would be willing to take you?

On an unrelated note, out of idle curiosity, I checked, and there are a number of free on-line sources for GED information. We know Chelsea has a computer, so why didn't she look there for help? I also find it a little odd that she went to the particular bookstore she went to, as it's basically the smallest bookstore in town. I'm all for supporting local bookstores, but for something like a GED guide, you're likely to have a better shot at finding a variety of choices at different prices at the local Barnes and Noble superstore (or again, looking on-line). There's also a good, well-organized used bookstore in town that might have such a thing, not to mention the local libraries. In fact, I'm sure the college campus to which she went to find out about the GED would likely have such information available.

I find it hard to believe that someone like Kailyn is earning big bucks while being on Teen Mom. How could she get housing help? Also, remember when Chelsea had her wisdom teeth out, and Adam went to pick up her prescription???? She was on Medicaid.

Can someone please help me out with something about Chelsea. When she went to the school that was going to help her prepare for the GED, they told her she would have several practice tests. They are broken down into categories to see which areas you need the most help on. They then showed her go to take the practice exam. The next thing I saw was her opening a letter with a score for her WRITING section of the GED, but for some reason she calls her dad and says she passed the GED. Really? Did she ever take the actual exam? That letter stuck to her fridge looked like the score on her practice exam IMO. Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    I find it hard to believe that someone like Kailyn is earning big bucks while being on Teen Mom. How could she get housing help? Also, remember when Chelsea had her wisdom teeth out, and Adam went to pick up her prescription???? She was on Medicaid.
    Those are good points. I just remember reading that the original girls make $60,000-$65,000 per season so I assumed the Teen Mom 2 girls made somewhere close to that, but not quite as much. Plus, they all get paid by magazines for "exclusive" interviews and photo shoots and stuff.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Can someone please help me out with something about Chelsea. When she went to the school that was going to help her prepare for the GED, they told her she would have several practice tests. They are broken down into categories to see which areas you need the most help on. They then showed her go to take the practice exam. The next thing I saw was her opening a letter with a score for her WRITING section of the GED, but for some reason she calls her dad and says she passed the GED. Really? Did she ever take the actual exam? That letter stuck to her fridge looked like the score on her practice exam IMO. Anyone know?
    She took and passed the practice test for the writing section of the GED, so she went ahead and took the exam for that portion of the exam. That's what she passed--just the writing exam. I think there's actually five sections (or something like that) of the GED. You don't have to take all of them at once, but you don't get the GED until you've passed them all. In other words, Chelsea's only about 20% towards getting the GED.
    Debb70 likes this.

I watched the Teen Mom 2 check up with Dr. Drew. Chelsea said she was not all the way done taking her GED. She told Dr. Drew she was working on finishing it. Speaking of Dr. Drew. Does he even watch this show? The advice he gives to these girls is not right IMO. He told Jenelle she 'was doing good'. What!? She was going to do jail time at that time. Turns out Kail was playing both Jo and Jordan and Kail thought she and Jordan got an STD from Jo. To me Dr. D. made it sound like that was her fault. Chelsea was cheating with Adam's friends, so MTV edited that out and made Adam look like the bad guy, which he was, but so was Chelsea. And Dr. D. thought Corey and Leah should go to counseling even though they are divorced and she was the one who cheated on him. I don't know when this was filmed but we know Leah got with some other guy, got engaged, pregnant and then had a miscarriage.
    If there is a season 3 I don't think I can watch it, it's too fustrating!
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread