+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: Teen Mom 3

Re: Teen Mom 3

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev View Post
    I think Farrah must drive all her friends away with her behavior. I mean, there has to be a reason why none of the people shown in past seasons want to be around her. I just remember the one friend who was a hairdresser and Farrah was always calling her to come over and do her hair or watch Sophia....I'd guess that they all get tired of listening to the whining and rude behavior, and get sick of their generosity being taken advantage of and stop picking up her calls. If Farrah doesn't have any friends in her life, it's her own fault because she could make time to spend with them if she really wanted.
    ITA 100000%...can I say that? Sorry, 100%!

I feel so bad for Catelyn and Tyler, they are both so much more mature than their parents. How much dysfunction can you come from and end up as level headed as those two? I could not imagine having either "April" or "Butch" as one parent and then to have them marry and have them as your full parents? OH LORD!!! Can you imagine having to pick up our father/stepfather from jail for beating up your mother/stepmother?

When Butch asked Tyler how it felt to visit your daughter and then have to leave right away, Tyler fired right back with "well, you should know"....but Tyler is so mature in the way he responds. These two kids were dealt some awful cards and I commend them for making the right choice in giving their daughter up to two lovely parents that will be able to provide for their daughter in ways that they weren't able. It must be soo hard but they are dealing with it in a very mature manner. They are just amazing to me!

I read upthread that they were evicted from their apartment for non-payment. I always wondered how they had money for a car, gas, rent, groceries, scrapbook materials, ...etc....but I figured it must be from the small salary they get from MTV or from the adoptive parents. Regardless, I wish them both my best!

Best of Luck to both of them!

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger View Post
    I feel so bad for Catelyn and Tyler, they are both so much more mature than their parents. How much dysfunction can you come from and end up as level headed as those two? I could not imagine having either "April" or "Butch" as one parent and then to have them marry and have them as your full parents? OH LORD!!! Can you imagine having to pick up our father/stepfather from jail for beating up your mother/stepmother?

When Butch asked Tyler how it felt to visit your daughter and then have to leave right away, Tyler fired right back with "well, you should know"....but Tyler is so mature in the way he responds. These two kids were dealt some awful cards and I commend them for making the right choice in giving their daughter up to two lovely parents that will be able to provide for their daughter in ways that they weren't able. It must be soo hard but they are dealing with it in a very mature manner. They are just amazing to me!

I read upthread that they were evicted from their apartment for non-payment. I always wondered how they had money for a car, gas, rent, groceries, scrapbook materials, ...etc....but I figured it must be from the small salary they get from MTV or from the adoptive parents. Regardless, I wish them both my best!

Best of Luck to both of them!
    Tyler and Catelynn have come out and said that their landlord refused to repair things in their apartment. That's why, they claim, they were evicted.

I used to honestly believe that both, Tyler and Catelynn were very mature....but after briefly following them on Twitter, I changed my mind.

I was curious as to how much money these teen parents are paid, I was surprised to find out that Amber and Gary make 60k per episode. I am sure that the money they make from MTV has changed their lives greatly but I wonder if their lives would have changed paths if not for the paycheck. I cant remember her name but (it was the mom that had the twin boys who lived in Florida and whose father kicked the mom out of the car and drove away) the baby daddy came out and said that she purposely got pregnant to be on the show.

I mean it's great they show how difficult it is but then again if they are making tons of money and they are on TV, MTV sort of glamorizes the situation. I guess it's sort of a catch 22.

FORT Fanatic

$60k per episode or season? Regardless, what do they do with the money! Gary certainly doesn't spend it on t-shirts, he has worn the same shirts each season!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Farrah's daughter deserves to have some type of relationship with her father's mother. Children should not be denied as wide a circle of the people who love them, as possible. After having observed Farrah for quite some time, I think Farrah has a personal vendetta against the woman. You can't have a baby and make everything about YOU.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I remember seeing something about Derek's mom going to magazines and trying to get attention. I don't think Sophia's dad was close to her. Also, Farah had a good point. Why would she try to stop the Social security benefits for Sophia and then try to get visitation rights.
    luvsginger likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Farrah's daughter deserves to have some type of relationship with her father's mother. Children should not be denied as wide a circle of the people who love them, as possible. After having observed Farrah for quite some time, I think Farrah has a personal vendetta against the woman. You can't have a baby and make everything about YOU.
    Generally, you're right. However, I do think it's fair to say that if this woman wants to acknowledge that Sophia is her granddaughter and wants to have the rights of a granddaughter, great. But then she also needs to acknowledge that so that Sophia gets the benefits of those Social Security checks. It's only right, and the grandmother can't have it both ways.
    luvsginger likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

In my opinion, a check does not negate a familial relationship, plus the child will seek out her grandmother when she's old enough, if she is so inclined. She deserves to know her grandmother, and will, eventually, make her own decision whether her mother likes it or not. We don't know the whole story, and we need to know more.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm sure there is more to the story with Farah and Sophia's grandparents. She went to the park with Derek's dad and step-mom who seemed to support her about not wanting her to see Sophia. The seemed very happy that the case was dismissed.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread