+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: Teen Mom 3

FORT Fogey

Re: Teen Mom 3

I'm sorry, but I feel like you're making a lot of assumptions there. We don't know that Ryan's parents actually take care of Bentley - that's what Maci has said. We don't know that his girlfriend takes better care of him than Ryan - that's an assumption. Ryan's been negative with Maci, but Maci's been just as negative with Ryan. And, I like Maci, but I don't know that I'd be comfortable if she were the main caregiver of my child right now. She seems to be most concerned with having a man.

I refuse to judge these people solely on how they behaved in the past and not take the present, and their growth, into account.

All too often, it seems like when a father attempts to get more parental rights, we assume he's just doing it to hurt the mother. I think that happened with Ryan last season - how dare he want more time with his child? And this season, how dare he care who is around his child, if Maci thinks it's okay, why is it his business?

The facts are, we see him being very involved with Bentley now. Bentley seems equally happy and comfortable with both of his parents - and yes, small children can and will show when something's not right. Consider Leah, and how anxious she gets, visibly, when her parents argue, when Gary leaves and she's left with Amber.

Since the beginning, Maci has begged, pleaded, prayed and encouraged Ryan to be a good dad. Most of that time, Ryan was eager to respond by blowing her off, telling her off or hurling insults in Bently's presence. (He did that again in last week's episode.) I have seen this with my own eyes. Based on my observations, I tend to believe the words of those who have not acted like a barbarain from day one. So, no I don't give Ryan the benefit of the doubt, since his reputation proceeds him. As Dr. Phil says, the best predictor of future conduct is past behavior. You can trust, but as it is earned. Perhaps he is on the way up with his maturity and parenting, but based on his treatment of other people, he seems to be stuck.

Still, I'm not saying Maci is so perfect. She's done a good job, under the circumstances, but personally, I think she is too wrapped up with men as opposed to her child. I thought that when she was with Ryan too. She needs to go solo for at least 12 months and then ease into a relationship if that is what she wants, but I think she is too man crazy. But, that's JMO.

well since my ex husband is on wife #11..lol...my children who are now 14 and 16 are old enough to tell me how they feel about their dad's latest woman..but when they were younger I would ask to meet them if they were gonna be around the kids but as they got older the only thing I cared about is that she treated them good and they liked her other than that its cool with me....In all these years there has only been 1 I truly destested and my kids would tell me how mean she was and how nasty and cruel she was to them so I got a court order to keep her away from my kids

at Bentley's age I think it is pretty normal to want to meet the person he will be spending time with and you have too trust the actual parent tro protect the child from someone that could cause them harm but IMO as they get older its not really needed cause the kidss themselves can tell you whether they want to be around the person or not
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Since the beginning, Maci has begged, pleaded, prayed and encouraged Ryan to be a good dad. Most of that time, Ryan was eager to respond by blowing her off, telling her off or hurling insults in Bently's presence. (He did that again in last week's episode.) I have seen this with my own eyes. Based on my observations, I tend to believe the words of those who have not acted like a barbarain from day one. So, no I don't give Ryan the benefit of the doubt, since his reputation proceeds him. As Dr. Phil says, the best predictor of future conduct is past behavior. You can trust, but as it is earned. Perhaps he is on the way up with his maturity and parenting, but based on his treatment of other people, he seems to be stuck.

Still, I'm not saying Maci is so perfect. She's done a good job, under the circumstances, but personally, I think she is too wrapped up with men as opposed to her child. I thought that when she was with Ryan too. She needs to go solo for at least 12 months and then ease into a relationship if that is what she wants, but I think she is too man crazy. But, that's JMO.
    I've seen a change in Ryan though from Maci's original episode to now. Yeah, in the beginning it seemed like Ryan didn't want anything to do with being a dad and left the unpleasant parts of the job to his parents or his girlfriend. But what have we seen in the last few episodes of last season and the first few of this one? He's paying child support on time. He's made the request for more time with Bentley and was smart enough to go through mediation so that there would be no confusion or arguments about who gets Bentley when. He shows concern about who is around his son. I haven't seen his parents or a girlfriend around at all this season, so I would assume that he is the one doing the dirty work now. And, as I said, Bentley seems to be excited every time he sees his dad-he lights up and Ryan is holding him a lot more. That says to me that it's not just the blind love of a child, that Ryan really is doing a good job.

Yeah, Ryan's still not completely changed, and it was totally wrong of him to tell Bentley that his mama was a liar, but he is finally growing up. Like I said, based on the way he started out, he'll always in some ways be proving himself, but I don't think it's fair to assume he's not a good father these days-in fact, I'd say the opposite. He does still need to work on how he treats people, but he seems to be turning out to be a great dad now.

I happened to catch the last 10 min or so of the adoption special yesterday and I was bawling! I saw the "tape" the adoptive parents made for Tyler and Catelynn. That little girl is the spitting image of Catelynn! What really got me was her recognizing their voice in the book. They were really blessed that such wonderful people adopted their child.
    its_glinda_now and Debb70 like this.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    I happened to catch the last 10 min or so of the adoption special yesterday and I was bawling! I saw the "tape" the adoptive parents made for Tyler and Catelynn. That little girl is the spitting image of Catelynn! What really got me was her recognizing their voice in the book. They were really blessed that such wonderful people adopted their child.
    You think she looks like Caitlynn? I don't see Caitlynn in her at all. She looks like a little girl version of Tyler. Seeing Carlee interact with her adoptive parents & to see how she is thriving just shows that Caitlynn & Tyler made the right choice for her.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    You think she looks like Caitlynn? I don't see Caitlynn in her at all. She looks like a little girl version of Tyler. Seeing Carlee interact with her adoptive parents & to see how she is thriving just shows that Caitlynn & Tyler made the right choice for her.
    Ohhhhh, I totally agree …. while she favors Cate with her coloring; eyes, hair ….. I think she is ALL Tyler. Boy, what a great story this has turned out to be. Bravo to both Cate&Tyler and to Carly's new parents.
    KAREN

Why, oh why, does Gary let Amber treat him that way?

FORT Fogey

I feel like Maci is sort of enjoying the feeling that these two boys are rivals over her. I really do, and I don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    Why, oh why, does Gary let Amber treat him that way?
    Here's one theory.

Codependency Symptoms – Recovery from Codependent Relationships
    Gary needs counseling as much as Amber, because he puts his need to be in the toxic relationship with Amber over his daughter's needs. I don't consider that good.

REF. Maci. IMO she is too obsessed with having a boyfriend than on herself and her son. Her parents have done so much to help support her and Bently. They took care of her when she was struggling with Ryan and stepped in to take care of Bently so she could finish school. Now she mocks them on the show. Not smart Maci. You will learn that family is all you have most of the time and if you have a good, sane, supporting family, you better not burn bridges to them.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread