+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: Teen Mom 3

Re: Teen Mom 3

I have to say, I'm rather "over" Caitlyn & Tyler's storyline on Teen Mom. What was shown on the Adoption Special afterward, however, is another story. That was great to see Caitlyn talk to other kids about adoption & birth control, etc...I wonder why they don't focus more on that aspect of her life on Teen Mom? It's a whole lot more interesting & upbuilding than seeing her family drama & her clinging to Tyler 24/7. Because honestly, Teen Mom hasn't shown Caitlyn or Tyler doing anything fulfilling or achieving any goals. If they would show Caitlyn doing her public speaking engagements, I think that would be interesting & positive for the show.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I have given a lot of thought about Amber and her behavior. I'm NOT trying to diagnose her. I am not a professional mental health provider nor do I know her, but I do think she invites speculation as to why she acts the way she does by virtue of her displaying her private life on national tv. Anyway, have any of you ever heard of Borderline Personality Disorder. a/k/a Emotional Unstable Personality Disorder? If you read the description it's really scary. I'm not saying she has that, but it really causes concern. It could be worse than I even thought.

Borderline personality disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by Debb70; 07-14-2011 at 12:35 PM.

Farrah needs a personality implant.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    Farrah needs a personality implant.
    I'm not sure what the deal is with Farrah. I don't spend as much time thinking of her because at least that household is not getting ready to explode and the verbal exchanges are not so extreme as they are with some of the others. She is an odd bird, but I think Farrah is the kind of person who would have difficulty being happy, no matter what the situation is. You know how there are some people who are just never happy. I get that from her. She's difficult to please and nothing seems to suit her. That will make it tough for Sophia when she gets older.

At least she seems to have the desire to better herself and create a good life for Sophia. And she's not so addicted to a boy that she can't make a move without him. I respect that about her.

FORT Fogey

Just some things I've noticed about this season....

Farrah's mom looks better, and I think that's great. Her eyes just look more lucid, and their relationship appears to be less volatile. While Farrah's still a brat, less tension is definitely better for Sophia. I don't think Farrah is going to have a career in modeling because I don't think she really understands real modeling, especially if she thinks breast implants will help her. As someone upthread pointed out, she's a little on the short side for a model. I'm not going to judge her for how she acted immediately after the surgery though, because none of us are our best selves when we're in pain. And I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this, but she made sure to speak to Sophia as if everything were fine, and she wasn't hurt at all.

Leah is just the most beautiful little girl. She is absolutely precious.

In terms of Ryan and Maci, I think that sometimes because Maci is the most mature out of these four girls, she gets a free pass on a lot of her behavior and then Ryan gets a really bad rap. I'm not saying he's perfect and I'm not even saying he's good. But he does get unfairly blamed for some things. Like, yes, he asked that question in a text message....because Maci said he should do that if he wasn't comfortable saying it out loud. And it was wrong of her to forward that to Kyle. Why did he need to know? What good would it do? And she seems to not take Ryan's rights as a parent seriously at all, which I don't think is fair. He has every right to feel like he should know Kyle and know who he is, especially if Bentley is going to be living with him.

FORT Fan

In terms of Ryan, I think Maci doesn't take his parental rights seriously because for so long, he didn't HAVE an interest in being a parent. So he kinda does need to prove himself to her. That being said, since Maci insisted on meeting one of his girlfriends if she was going to be around Bentley, Ryan has the right to meet Kyle and reassure himself about who might be living with his son.

I also don't blame Farrah for being cranky right after her surgery, it was days later when her mom was taking her for the checkup and asked the innocent question if Farrah was eating okay and got her head bitten off that I thought was horrible. I always thought growing up that my mom was exaggerating about hearing a rude tone in my voice, but gosh, Farrah's every word and gesture oozes rudeness toward her parents! Not condoning her mom hitting her last season...but I totally understand why she would lose her temper with the girl seeing the way Farrah treats her.

amber is...amber. I feel so sorry for that little girl

FORT Fogey

On 16 and Pregnant, and the first season of Teen Mom, Ryan didn't show much interest. He wasn't ready to be a father, and given the choice, he didn't. But it's been years, of him proving himself. It's time he got some respect for that.

Farrah should be much nicer to her mother. Her mother, by the way, looks much better, has anyone else noticed that?

I also think the relationship between Caitlyn and her mother seems to be a little more functional, which is good.

FORT Fan

I think in some ways, considering Ryan barely acknowledged his son for what, a year? He'll always have to prove himself interested in being a father. But you're right tears, he's really stepping up now. Bentley clearly loves him and loves being around him, he's paying child support, he's interested in seeing his son more. Like I said, Maci insisted on meeting his girlfriend, he has every right to know-and meet- Kyle! I hope Kyle agrees to a meeting, but he seems prejudiced by Ryan's text that Maci stupidly forwarded.

FORT Fogey

Maci also needs to be careful of how she treats Ryan, because he has legal parental rights, and she can't afford so much as the appearance of violating them. Besides, as others have said, it's natural for him to be concerned about anyone his child might be living with. Last season, Maci herself was really upset when she saw a girlfriend of Ryan's in his car when he dropped Bentley off, because she didn't want her son spending time with a woman she hadn't even met. Ryan hasn't met Kyle either, and Bentley wouldn't just be around him, he'd be living with him.

Ryan's often been a real jerk, but Maci has to take the higher road and treat him the way she wishes to be treated in return, as her mother pointed out. She needs to do it not only because of the possible legalities involved but because it sets a good example for Bentley on how to deal with difficult issues. Too often Maci seems to prefer to avoid any confrontation that might be uncomfortable until she absolutely has no other choice, and it never works out well when she does that, especially when it concerns Ryan. She needs to try another tactic.

And yeah, as I've said before, Farrah needs to stop jumping down her mother's throat with that snotty, spoiled teenager voice of hers over innocent questions. It's pretty much typical for a mom to worry about whether her kids are eating right, especially if they haven't been feeling well, since people often don't eat well enough if they're not feeling well. I know they've had difficulties before, but those problems weren't entirely her mother's fault, and her mom is trying to interact more appropriately with both Farrah and Sophia (I noticed, for instance, that she no longer refers to Sophia as "her baby" ). For everybody's sake, especially Sophia's, Farrah needs to try and rein in her bursts of immature attitude.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

Ryan may be acting like he wants to be a father now, but that does't mean that he is one. He has a girlfriend that seems to be very involved with Bently. Remember how Ryan's parents were the ones who really cared for Bently. Ryan is in the house, but it's the other people who change diapers, feed, bath, and really provide the care for the child. Ryan may roughhouse and play with the bikes, but he's no a care provider.

Another thing about Ryan that is concerning is the way he treats women. He has a very negative attitude with Maci and I would bet money that he has that same attitude with his other girlfriends. He treated her pretty bad, even in the very begining when they were engaged. As a role model, you shouldn't show disrespect to women and verbally abuse them, especially in the presence of the child. Ryan seems to have no issue with that.

Kids love their parents, but just because Bently shows affection and love for his dad, doesn't mean his dad is a good parent. Kids love their parents, even when they are rude, insulting and inappropiate. Ryan strikes me as a VERY spoiled kid who never had to answer for anything and was not taught to respect anyone, especially women. His parents seem nice, but they raised a very mean boy, IMO.

+ Reply to Thread