+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: Teen Mom 3

FORT Fogey

Re: Teen Mom 3

You're absolutely right. I actually like Gary - I think he's a good person and he loves his daughter very, very much. But he's gotta find some self-worth, and realize that it's not in the best interest of himself or his daughter to put himself back into situations with Amber. At least, though, he's obviously willing to realize his mistakes and talk about them with humility to a therapist.

I didn't like, however, that he threatened to take Leah away from Amber. They're both using Leah as a pawn at this point in their struggle with each other.
    Debb70 likes this.

I do think Gary loves his daughter, but I think he is addicted to the drama with Amber. That seems to cloud his judgment and he doesn't see that Amber isn't improving and making herself fit for Leah, she's going the other way. How long must Leah wait for a decent mother? Her major years of formation are full of violence.

If Gary doesn't see this and remove himself from that influence, then he's not safeguarding Leah's welfare. Sometimes toxic people who refuse to change, remain toxic people. They drag you down with them. I think Gary should ask himself if he should focus on what he wants, which seems to be Amber, or on what is best for Leah, which is definitely not Amber. He seems to be putting his wants over his daughter's needs.

Also, if I were a family member of Gary and had tried to help him with his daughter, such as with child care or money, I would be past the point of patience watching him continue to delve in the violence and drama with Amber. Enough is enough eventually. He may burn bridges with people that he doesn't have to. These people who could be good role models for Leah and offer her security and family ties. I hope he wakes up.

FORT Fogey

I do think Gary's attachment to Amber is unhealthy, but I also wonder if he isn't thinking that Leah ought to have a two parent family and that he believes that would be best for her, no matter what. We've seen Gary's mom, but I don't think we've ever heard anything about his father. Perhaps he thinks he's trying to give Leah what he didn't have.

We can see it's not a good situation for any of the people involved, including Leah, but maybe he can't, because other issues are clouding his ability to make rational decisions. That's why I think he needs therapy.

FORT Fanatic

I am sick of alot this season, but the thing that bugs me most, is Maci talking on her cell while driving! As someone who lost a loved one for these same reasons, it just makes me want to SCREAM.
    Debb70 likes this.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Gary & Amber make me physically ill. They have such a sick, twisted relationship. Co-dependence of the highest order! It makes me soooo sad for Leah. That poor kid is screwed.

I was glad even her brother was saying that Amber & Gary both need anger management! They are both sick in the head, that's for sure. I used to think Amber was way worse, but Gary is just as bad, but in a different way.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fogey

It was nice to see that Amber's brother gets that Gary and Amber's relationship is toxic, though I felt sorry for him when he was trying to explain the situation and why it needs to change. I also felt sorry for anyone at that water park when Amber and Gary both realized that Leah definitely needed a diaper change and yet did nothing about it but just let her toddle around with a drooping diaper. Of course, that also made me wonder about potty training. There was a lot of talk about that the last season with this group, but everyone still appears to be in diapers. What happened?

Maci really needs to stop making decisions and then waiting until the last minute to inform those who are likely to be unhappy with her choices. Also, I have no idea what the laws are in Tennessee, but just to be on the safe side, Maci should have checked to see whether moving in with Kyle violated any of the terms she and her baby daddy had agreed to during mediation. When she and Kyle were talking about how they'd never heard of such a stipulation, I kept thinking, "Well, why don't you check, just to make sure? Then you wouldn't even have to wonder abut whether what you had or hadn't heard applied." I also didn't like Bentley (or Leah) having to listen to their parents argue about them in front of them.

I wish Farrah would stop snapping at her mother as well. I realize they've had problems, but when her mother asked if she had been eating right post-surgery, I don't think it was an indictment of Farrah's culinary abilities. Lots of people lose their appetites when they don't feel well and thus don't eat as they should while they're recovering. Besides, Moms just worry about whether their kids are eating or sleeping well--I'm sure doctors have mothers who ask those same questions. Also, if Farrah is 5'7", isn't that a little on the short side for a model, even though it's an above average height for most women? And did she really think she could have a career in modeling without being separated from Sophia? It's not like it's a stay at home job. Didn't much care for the fact that she accepted the job before asking her mom if she could watch Sophia for several days either, unless she and her mother had some prior agreement worked out regarding how Sophia's care would be handled if she got an out of town modeling job.

Don't Tyler and Caitlyn have any friends who could help them move? And while I'm glad they've saved up some money, can they really afford their own apartment at this point? I understand that Caitlyn didn't have much choice, as where she was living wasn't safe and she couldn't go to her grandmother's with the rest of the family (though, honestly, Caitlyn doesn't seem more difficult to deal with than April is, so I wonder what the issue is there), but still...

By the way, did anyone see the show on adoption that followed Teen Mom? They showed some taped footage of Carly in her home. I don't know what the age differences are with the babies, but she seemed a lot more advanced than some of the other Teen Mom offspring. She's talking a lot and seemed older, somehow, than the rest of them (and maybe she just is). It was also very cute that when they had the book out for her that Tyler and Caitlyn pre-recorded for her that she identified their voices and giggled about it, though she says Tyler quite a bit more clearly than Caitlyn. That's an open adoption story that seems to be working out very well for everyone concerned, and I liked that Caitlyn is speaking honestly to teens who are considering adoption, pointing out both that it's worked out really well in her situation but that it's hard and that it's natural to think about the baby you had every day, but that doesn't make what you did a bad decision. They also talked quite a bit about using more positive language when discussing adoption, which I hadn't really thought about but which makes sense. A long time ago, on an ER episode, I remember someone telling a woman who had given her baby up for adoption that she hadn't given a child away--she'd created a family by giving him to parents who had been waiting for him for a long time. I thought that was a lovely way to put it.
    Debb70 likes this.

I did see the Adoption After Show. I think Carly may be doing so well due to the fact that her parents are providing her a stable homelife and proper care, free of violence and verbal insults beteen the parents. You can't tell what goes on behind closed doors, however, Carly's parents appear to be putting her first and providing her a good childhood.

Last night I was so sick of that verbal combat between Amber and Gary in the car. It's so unnecessary. How pathetic are they? That poor child strapped in the back seat shaking her head and saying no, in a plea for her parents to shut up with the verbal assaults. This is not entertainment. It's a horror show. I'm not seeing any good from either of these two parents. THey seem to be addicted to verbal sparring. I hope the authorities are watching.

Then we get to see Ryan and Maci exchange some insults. Are they so unaware that they don't understand you don't have those kinds of adult conversations in front of you kids. He is not deaf and gets all those negative vibs transfered into his little mind. How cold hearted are they? Obviously, protecting her boyfriend is more important to Maci than her son's emotional state. And putting Maci is down is more important to Ryan. Honestly, why is it so common for grown people to call another grown person stupid? Why? When you tell a parent they are stupid, you are calling the kid stupid too. PLEASE. DR. Drew has gone over this with them time and time again. They obviously just don't care.

I didn't see all of Farrah's portion. I do respect the fact that she doesn't have domestic violence going on anymore in front of her daughter. That was a problem at one time. I hope that's gone for good.

Tyler and Caitlyn did the right thing for their baby. That is so nice to see. They should be proud of that decision and I think they are.
    Last edited by Debb70; 07-13-2011 at 01:03 PM.

FORT Fogey

Yes she lost custody. Gary has custody for now
    Proud Member of Red Sox Nation

So I just watched …… oh my, Gary and Amber, they are a disgrace. Screaming in the car like that with poor Leah, a captive audience in the back seat. At one point it almost looked to me like she was putting her little hands up to her little ears. Just so disturbing they are treating her this way. Like Gary's mom said to Amber and Gary, stop all the fighting. And she looked at Amber and said "you have said to me that you even remember your father and all his yelling when you were a little girl" ….. WELL now, little Leah will not only remember it, she will actually have the MTV footage to view when she is older.

As far as Catelyn and Tyler are concerned, I realize their families are dysfunctional, April is a complete mess and Tyler's dad (cannot remember his name) in and out of jail …. yet for some reason, Catelyn and Tyler seem like two really nice kids. Certainly, there is no question, I am so glad they saw the importance of Carly having a better life then them but they are NO Amber and Gary at all.

Ryan turning to Bentley and saying "Your Momma is a LIAR" … yuck, Ryan is a JERK. a COMPLETE jerk. Period.
    Debb70 likes this.
    KAREN

I can't stand Amber and Gary.....and for the life of me....why doesn't the MTV crew intervene? Poor Leah.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread