+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: Teen Mom 3

Re: Teen Mom 3

Celebrity mug shots - NY Daily News

Troubled mom Amber Portwood has been thrown back in jail. The punch-happy star of MTV’s 'Teen Mom' was arrested on Dec. 19 in central Indiana after a judge issued a warrant for her arrest for violating her probation on felony domestic battery charges. Court records show probation revocation was sought for the reality star after she was accused of battery and public intoxication in connection with a fight at a restaurant in Nov. 2011. She is also accused of not obtaining her GED or completing anger management classes as required, according to The Associated Press.
    KAREN

'Teen Mom' Amber Portwood taken into custody » Cops, courts and fires » The Herald Bulletin

December 19, 2011
    'Teen Mom' Amber Portwood taken into custody
    TV celebrity accused of probation violation

By Sam Brattain
    The Herald Bulletin

ANDERSON, Ind. — Amber Portwood, a star of MTV’s “Teen Mom,” was taken into custody Monday afternoon by the Madison County Sheriff’s Department for violating terms of her probation.

Circuit Court Judge David Happe, who set Portwood’s probation terms, said she was arrested at the courthouse during a meeting with probation officers.

According to a report by the Probation Department, Portwood had become “a danger to herself and to society; therefore should be taken into custody.” The report cited Portwood’s suicidal tendencies (Gary Shirley, father of Portwood’s baby, called Anderson police in June after she threatened to take her own life), and abuse of prescription medications as reasons the recommendation for arrest was made.

The report orders Portwood to be held in jail without bond until her hearing Jan. 13. If convicted, she could face two years in jail. Portwood spent a portion of the holiday week last year behind bars after her arrest for domestic battery directed at Shirley.

A notification of violation was filed Nov. 23 after she was accused of battery and public intoxication in connection with a fight in November. She was also accused of failing other terms of her probation, including obtaining her GED, and completing anger management classes.

The report states Portwood failed to meet with her probation officer on Friday. Probation officers Kelsey Carter and Lauren Roberts visited Portwood at her home later that day and reported Portwood was under the influence of “a mood-altering substance.”

The officers found medication in Portwood’s home, and asked her to provide prescriptions. Portwood responded by saying she doesn’t keep documentation because her housekeeper “throws that kind of stuff away.”

Portwood did say she was given a muscle relaxer called Soma by the Madison County Health Clinic, and admitted to taking more pills than prescribed due to pain.

Portwood also advised that she was in an auto accident Thursday, and admitted to driving while on her medications. She told the officers that if she shouldn’t drive while on medication, “then why do doctors prescribe them?”

According to the report, Portwood refused to submit to a drug test Friday and again on Monday.
    KAREN

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't think that Amber is in for a long life.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

It kind of surprises me that it took this long for Amber to be facing some real jail time--and I'm surprised she wasn't hauled there immediately when she admitted she had taken more than she was supposed to of a prescription drug and then got behind the wheel of her car, endangering herself and anyone else on the road at the time. I hope she really does do time this time around, and not just a day or two because of overcrowding in the jail system. Obviously the California rehab didn't work out well for her. I think she needs a really structured environment where she doesn't have room to screw up, and I guess jail's that if it's nothing else. But really, if she does time, maybe it will wake her up. Nothing else seems to be doing that.

On to the most recent episode...

Leah: I'm glad that they got some decent news about Ali, even if her one optic nerve is small. I realize Leah was disappointed that neither Corey nor her mom could come with her to get the results, but sometimes it's hard to get off work, and Corey did get off work for the actual test--and since Leah and her mom work in the same office, it would be difficult for both of them to get the same day off.

Kailyn: Despite her reluctance to face up to anything that could be confrontational (which is normal, but still...you can't just always avoid dealing with difficult conversations), Kailyn does seem to be trying to do what's right, and she's amazingly self-sufficient when compared to some of the other teen moms (cough*Chelsea*cough). I did think it was odd that she was so stunned that Jordan found it difficult to talk about her IUD, though. First, she explained it so thoroughly before she asked if he had any questions, that I can't imagine what he would have asked, other than, "Did it hurt?" Second, a lot of guys have trouble talking about tampons, much less IUDs. But to his credit, Jordan did come around later, on his own, and even compliment her on how mature she was being about everything.

Jenelle: Jenelle just seems to have so little interest or passion about anything. If she didn't have a temper, she'd barely have a personality. I wish she could find something that would give her some focus--and I wish she'd stop answering to every call from Kiefer. Why exactly did she have to be the one who took him to jail to turn himself in when she was the one who pressed charges against him? He couldn't take a bus? Her mother's got a lot of problems, but one thing her mom is right about is that Kiefer does not bring out the best in Jenelle.

Chelsea: It's clear that Chelsea's enablers are getting fed up with her behavior with Adam. Even her father is markedly less sympathetic. It's about time. As long as they all back her unbelievably stupid plays, she's never going to realize she needs to stop making them. I can't believe how blase she was about Adam taking off with Aubrey and texting her that he was keeping her and she should shut up. So far as I know, he has no legal rights to that child at all--Aubrey has Chelsea's last name, not his, right? She had no idea where he was with her, and even dumb as a doorknob Chelsea has noticed that he doesn't always handle or speak to Aubrey appropriately. She should call the freakin' cops on him. I noticed in the previews for next week, when her father said the family was going to the cabin for Christmas, that when Chelsea asked if Adam could come, her father said, "No"--and he said it pretty firmly. Then Chelsea went right back to her old song: "I want Aubrey to have both her dad and her mom around, because I didn't." I checked--Chelsea's parents, who seem reasonably civil with one another, divorced when she was around fourteen. I get that no kid wants his/her parents to divorce and that it's almost always difficult and traumatic, but if they didn't divorce until she was fourteen or so, she had both her parents together for a good chunk of her childhood. Beyond that, Adam is a deadbeat dad, who only shows up when he feels like it and treats Chelsea like dirt when he does--and he doesn't treat Aubrey a lot better. There are worse things than being raised by one parent, and one of them is having another parent in resident who's a complete and utter jackass. Chelsea doesn't want Adam there for Aubrey; she wants him there for her--though God alone knows why.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I couldn't believe that Adam called his daughter "You little bastard." He, regularly, refers to Amber as "bitch" in some form, or another. Who puts up with that kind of disrespect??? It's NOT OK, and it's no joke. It's abuse, pure and simple.

And, I thought that parents, regardless of the last name, have equal rights to their child. I thought he'd have as much right to the baby as she did....especially if there is no custody order in place.

I can't stand this indiscriminate breeding. It is so disrespectful to the child, to say the least. Unfortunately, and I hate to say it, the MOTHERS need to be slapped.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 12-29-2011 at 12:57 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Trying hard to understand just how an unempolyed single, teenage Mom can afford a housekeeper!
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Trying hard to understand just how an unempolyed single, teenage Mom can afford a housekeeper!
    Who has a housekeeper?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I couldn't believe that Adam called his daughter "You little bastard." He, regularly, refers to Amber as "bitch" in some form, or another. Who puts up with that kind of disrespect??? It's NOT OK, and it's no joke. It's abuse, pure and simple.

And, I thought that parents, regardless of the last name, have equal rights to their child. I thought he'd have as much right to the baby as she did....especially if there is no custody order in place.

I can't stand this indiscriminate breeding. It is so disrespectful to the child, to say the least. Unfortunately, and I hate to say it, the MOTHERS need to be slapped.
    Near the end of Chelsea's episode of Sixteen and Pregnant, she got a text from Adam that said, among other foul things, to tell him where and how to sign over the rights to "that mistake" (i.e. Aubrey). Either by the conclusion of that episode or in an early episode of Teen Mom, I thought he had effectively done that--but I might be mistaken and all that happened was that Chelsea made sure Aubrey now had her last name and not his. At any rate, that's why I thought he had no legal rights to Aubrey--because I thought he'd signed them away at the same time the name change happened. I assume once someone does that, he/she has no more legal rights to the child, regardless of whatever biological connection exists.

And if the mothers need to be slapped, so do the fathers, as they didn't get pregnant by themselves.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Who has a housekeeper?
    I think an article posted a bit ago mentioned Amber having a housekeeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I think an article posted a bit ago mentioned Amber having a housekeeper.
    From what I remembered, she needed one! LOL

+ Reply to Thread