+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: Teen Mom 3

FORT Fogey

Re: Teen Mom 3

The fact that Tyler is talking about it, and not just doing it is a good sign. I do not know if the two of them will make it through this time, separate, or whatever, but talking about things is always good. Catelynn is going to be insecure no matter if he talks or not, and she certainly is going to be better off if he talks and not acts. I truly think that eventually they will take a break, and Tyler is very mature and will find a girl or some girls and will realize that having a bond is much more important than random hook-ups. Whether he will need to go that far to figure this out is anyone's guess at this point.

I think that Tyler wants to stay true to his word, (he did propose to Caityln), but I think he now realzes that it may have been premature. Kids change so much during their teens and twenties. It's really unrealistic to expect someone to grow that much as a person, yet stay in a serious committed relationship with the same person. I do wish them both the best, whichever path they take.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think biology also plays a huge part in the Tyler/Catelynn equation. Men are designed to "spread their seed"....not saying that they can't make different choices. I just hope he doesn't wait until he gets married to start "catting around". Get It Out NOW!!!
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Did anyone see the "scenes you didn't see" episode of Teen Mom 3? I didn't see all of it, but from what I did see, Farrah came off terribly. She is just so completely clueless about making decisions. For instance, she asked her doctor if she thought getting her tubes tied was a good idea, because she wanted to do that, since Sophia was so much work that she couldn't see having a second child. The doctor had to explain to her that she was very young and there might come a day when she was married and would want another child and would regret having done something so drastic--and that having another child with a husband to help her with the childcare would be very different. It almost sounded like Farrah was just thinking about getting her tubes tied would be less trouble and more reliable than birth control (as if pregnancy were the only reason to insist on a condom these days). It's like the move to Florida and deciding--on air--that she'd be taking Sophia with her because she'd miss her too much. Or getting her boobs done because it would get her more modeling jobs. Or getting a puppy on a whim, hiding it from her mom, and then not wanting to housebreak it--and then giving it away, because it was too much work (though in that case, the home the puppy got was probably better than the one it had with Farrah).

Speaking of the puppy, they showed her taking it to puppy training class--still in its diaper and with Sophia in tow. At one point, Sophia even had ahold of the leash on her own, and when she wasn't trying to be the one in charge of the puppy, she was running around taking the cones others in the class were using to train their dogs. Naturally, Farrah just giggled about it and made excuses (and did no actual dog training). I couldn't believe the trainer didn't tell her that she needed to leave and that if she came back, she would have to do so without her two year old and with a housebroken puppy. Having a two year old running all over the place with strange dogs (even on leashes) interfering with the training others are attempting to do is dangerous and rude. If I were another person in the class, I would have left, insisted on my money back, and explained to the person in charge that the trainer allowed a toddler to tear around a puppy obedience class, making it impossible to work my dog. As for Sophia having control of the leash---no, never, ever. A two year old is much too young to be walking a dog anywhere, and especially not in an obedience class, where the idea is to teach the dog how to behave on a leash. There's no way Sophia could understand how to use commands appropriately and what if she simply dropped the leash? Farrah was barely paying attention and Candy is a very small dog. She could have run up to the wrong dog and gotten hurt--and, of course, the same thing is true of Sophia, which is why it was dangerous for her to be there, running around and grabbing the cones away from others, just because she wanted to do so. That's why a responsible dog trainer would have stopped it and asked Farrah to come back at another time--without Sophia--the moment it started (and why a decent facility would have had a no toddlers rule in place and part of the paperwork when Farrah signed up; heck, both times I've done obedience with a puppy, we weren't even to bring the puppy to the first class, much less allow a child to wander all over the place).

There was another scene where Farrah was meeting with someone who'd agreed to help her with her work for culinary school--so naturally, they met in a restaurant/bar and she brought Sophia. Equally naturally, since she's Farrah, she brought nothing to keep Sophia occupied, Sophia was obviously tired and cranky, and Farrah just giggled about it and they got nothing done, wasting her time and the time of the guy who had agreed to help her. Here's a thought: have the study session at home at a time when Sophia's napping or already in bed. If that's not possible, at least have it at home where she can have her own things to keep her occupied or better yet, at a time when someone else can watch her. Good heavens, her parents have been quite accommodating about watching her, and I imagine they'd be happy to help out if it came to a study session so that Farrah could complete her degree.

Farrah's just got no skills at all when it comes to basic logic. It's always about what she wants at that exact minute without thinking long term or about what would be best for anyone else involved.

Tilden,
    I didn't see the things you described above. What is that episode called? Outtakes or something? I'll try to catch it. It doesn't surprise me though. It sounds just like Farrah.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Tilden,
    I didn't see the things you described above. What is that episode called? Outtakes or something? I'll try to catch it. It doesn't surprise me though. It sounds just like Farrah.
    I think it was called Scenes You Didn't See or something like that. It's hosted by Dr. Drew, who babbles on between clips. It's essentially an outtakes show, except that it's not like outtakes from a scripted show, where they're all funny or examples of people flubbing lines.

I guess they cut the scenes of Farrah, because they didn't want her to look even more ridiculous than she does. Moreover, they made it apparent that she's pretty much parenting Sophia exactly the way she was parented. She lets her do pretty much whatever she likes and then makes excuses as opposed to stopping her from doing things that are inappropriate or keeping her out of situations that are inappropriate for her in the first place, like an obedience class (though there I blame the trainer/facility too---no one Sophia's age should be allowed on the floor of a dog training session in the first place. In fact with a puppy class, where it's tough enough to get the puppies to pay attention, it would be best not to have a squirming toddler in the room at all, both for them and the toddler, who's bound to get bored sitting there for an hour without being allowed to participate).
    Debb70 likes this.

I got the impression that the guy who helped Farrah with culinary "stuff" was at her home. There was no reason why Sophia shouldn't have been at her grandparents' home. Farrah doesn't do discipline, apparently, and thinks just about anything Sophia does is cute.....Lady, not everybody is going to find your toddler's out of control behavior cute. The dog trainer definitely should have put Farrah and Sophia out of the class (with a refund, of curse), instead of sacrificing the rest of the class. That was just bull.

This was not a bloopers show; just outtakes that we've not seen.

Amber has a lot of masculine energy, I've decided. Her behavior is more like a guy's usually is, while Gary brings the usual feminine energy to the couple. Gary is more expressive; Amber keeps telling him to tone it down and back off. Gary is a good guy. I don't think Amber will find a man that will treat her as well as Gary wants to treat her. Other than Gary, it looks like she tends to pick scuzzy men.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Farrah, like most teenagers, is completely self-absorbed (to the extreme). Something that really gets under my skin..the way Farrah's Mom and Farrah call Sofia "beebee" which I assume is some bastardized version or pronounciation of "baby". Her name is Sofia...please call her that.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

I saw an article yesterday, I'm trying to recall the name of the magazine, that says Amber is perfectly happy living without Leah and that she has a new boyfriend. It said that Amber is taking ON-LINE classes and is satisfied leaving custody the way it is. I was relieved. Yes, it's sad that Leah has to grow up without her mother being a good role model for her, but it's safer IMO.

They also said that Jenelle is out of rehab and partying as she hops from one friend's couch to the other. She's happy leaving Jace with her mother too and has no intention of trying to get him back. The same applies here. Sad she is too sorry to fight to be a good mom for Jace, but it's safer I guess.

If it's not in them, it's just not in them, and I'm glad that they've been honest enough to recognize it and admit it. Now, let's just hope that they've recognized it enough to know NOT to become pregnant again and take steps toward sexual responsibility.
    ClosetRTWatcher and Debb70 like this.

+ Reply to Thread