+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: Teen Mom 3

Re: Teen Mom 3

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    The teen dad show was rather dull as I am seeing with most of the Dr. Drew shows. I know he is being a good therapist and retrieving information and trying to have the people make their own choices, but he just bores me period.

I have to say after all the episodes this season that Tyler is one amazing young man. For all he went through to be so clued in on how to be is amazing. I hope that he makes it in life because he surely deserves it. The differences between his and Catelynn's relationship with Amber and Gary's is amazing. They both fight, but the way that Tyler and Catelynn handle themselves is so much more mature. I still think they did the right thing, but out of all the parents I think they would have raised Carly as good or even better than Maci is with Bentley.

I love how they are trying really hard to edit Ryan in a good light, but I still view the guy as a loser. I do think that he could be better if he got away from his enabling mother. She is annoying as can be the way she encourages him that he is great and that everything is all on Maci. I shivered when I saw Maci texting her because I knew she was too immature to be there for her grandson and find out what was going on before she saw it as a way to cause drama. I do applaud Ryan for he and Maci and how they dealt with things at the restaurant. I think truly that his mother holds him back a lot from growing up. At least his father did say he needed to own up to his stuff.

Amber already shrieking again at Gary. I think the best thing that happened to those two was the no contact issue. That girl acting like she is all fixed is a complete farce. Does she really think she is healed that quickly, it is a lifelong process. I still think Leah is way quiet, and I see a lot of issues with her development.

Farrah needs friends. I thought it was endearing to take her to the places her father and her went, but she is only two, and Farrah talks to her like an adult. I think being with grandmother is a lot better than daycare, but I fear for the bonding of Farrah and Sopia is she leaves. Sophia already looks more attached to grandma than mom now.

Have they ever went in to Kyle's education or jobs? I know he is laid up, and I know that if a Network was paying me or my husband a fortune it would be hard at that age to keep working. However, I think Maci and Kyle need to quit focusing so much on marriage and more children and think past the MTV income. I applaud Maci for going to school, sad it seems both men in her life are not, but the future will come soon. I get a better feeling from Kyle than Ryan, and hope it works for them, but my only gripe is the job thing.
    ITA with everything that you say...especially about Farrah needing friends, however, who would want to be her friend? She's so snotty, her only hope is tag a longs, cause she's semi-famous now. <3

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Question....is Nick Tyler's AND Catelynn's little brother? I can't quite get straight on that.

About Ryan and his mother, mothers can handicap their sons worse than anyone else, and that is too bad. And Ryan's dad is about as goofy as Ryan is; he, pretty much, goes along with whatever Ryan's mother says. Ryan could use some real "man training"....which is strange when he has grown up with his dad.

Farrah has finally made a decision that is in her daughter's best interest. I liked how her mother finally got through to her about taking time to heal, which she has not had a chance to do since Sophia has been in the world. A lot of grandchildren are closely bonded with their grandparents, which I think is a good thing. At a young age, but even older than Farrah, a lot of parents are busy working and still trying to get established. Grandparents can provide that stability and continuity that the parents cannot easily provide. I know mine did, and my mother was 22; of course, my father was working. My grandmother was a housewife, therefore always at home, and my grandfather worked (mail carrier) everyday....and I was all the better for it. I went home on the weekends.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

My husband laughed when he saw me watching the episode last night, and he made a good point. He said that Ryan's mother does not want any other woman to come into Ryan's life because he needs her right now, and she does not want to let him go. He says his mother started that way when he was going away to college. Ryan needs to move out, and start making the grown up decisions that his situation requires. He can include his parents, but only if they enourage good instead of all the drama. I think once Bentley gets a little older she will be spoiling him to try and make him like her better than Maci too.

From the time line that I can figure, it looks like Maci is in community college. Is that right? If so, what kind of job is she going to get with an Associate Degree in journalism. I'm not knocking it, but really. I know of people who have graduated from law school, who have passed the bar, who cannot find any job in any office. Maybe she's hoping for a career with MTV. You never know.

I did watch the reunion show on Teen Dads. What a bunch of losers. Except for Tyler, those were the most pififul bunch of guys I have ever seen. None of them could even utter a coherent sentence. When Aubrey's baby's daddy was asked by Dr. Drew, what could be done to help prevent others from teen pregnancy, he said "Nothing." He said that "It was just something that people were going to do." Dr. Drew said Yes, there is something that can be done. Others can learn from your mistakes. That seemed like a foreign concept to him....learning, that is.

Oh, and none of them were dating anyone. I'm not surprised. Young women who see them on tv know they are jerks and steer clear.

Gary said one smart thing. He said he wished he had continued with his education because he got good grades in H.S.

Tyler was articluate and respectful. ONe thing that he said did puzzle me though. He said all women were evil and manipuliative. Dr. Drew pressed him on it and he said ALL women were that way. What? I thought he had great love and respect for Caitlyn, his mom, and Teresa (Carly's mom.) Why did he say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I think the house is from one of the couples on 16 and pregnant. Her name is Ebony Jackson and his is Josh Rendon. There was a story on Starcasm dot net.
    Last edited by shyra; 09-22-2011 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shyra View Post
    I think the house is from one of the couples on 16 and pregnant. Her name is Ebony Jackson and his is Josh Rendon. There was a story on Starcasm dot net.
    Thanks for the info.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Guys tend to mature much more slowly than females, so I am not surprised at how 'stunted' they seem. Guys are also usually much less verbally skilled, and when you pair that with doing nothing to improve or further your life, what we saw is what you get. I think Tyler is definitely an exception, and Gary is running second to him.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Guys tend to mature much more slowly than females, so I am not surprised at how 'stunted' they seem. Guys are also usually much less verbally skilled, and when you pair that with doing nothing to improve or further your life, what we saw is what you get. I think Tyler is definitely an exception, and Gary is running second to him.
    I agree. If Gary could get his mind off of Amber for awhile, mabye he could drum up the energy to go back to school, even if her went a couple of nights per week. I worked fulltime and attended school parttime for awhile and then worked parttime and attended school fulltime too. It can be done. His mom seems to be quite helpful with Leah. I also worry about his health. He looks like he is going to explode. His face is all swollen and looks tight and uncomforatable.

Most of those teen dads just showed no ambition. It was like watching paint dry. No personality, no drive, nothing to say and nowhere to go. It's really sad. They never mentioned the drug charge against Joe.

If that show did anything it was to show young women, " WARNING, this is not what you want to hook up with."

I wonder how many are paying child support and how many have attended classes for rage.

FORT Fanatic

My beef with this show is now that its clear the MTV is paying them and its ruining it. Amber does nothing all day and lives in this beautiful furnished house. Farrah is making wild plans to go to food schools all over the country. Its taken the real life part of struggling parents out of it and its turning these people into bigger trainwrecks then they already were.

Gary and Amber is just an complete train wreck of a relationship. Having CPS take Leah away would be the best thing for that child. Does Amber do anything in a day other then lay in either the bed or couch with a blanket over her? Gary is just a total loser. Its apparent that Amber is the only girl who ever showed him attention and thats why he constantly runs back to her every time. Its the same thing "I love you, I wanna be with you, I wanna be a family. Oh you dont, oh I tried, I hate you, blah blah". Rinse and repeat. His mother needs to stop being such an enabler and tell him its not going to work and move on with his life.

I laughed so hard when Ryans mother said to him "That girl has some growing up to do" when he was telling her about what Maci wanted to do with Bentley. So Maci who goes to school, lives on her own, takes care of the kid by herself needs to grow up but the man child who still lives with his parents, is un employed and goes out when his child sleeps doesnt? Maci is really the only mother on this show that I think is worth to be called a mother.

Farrah is just a complete moron. What the hell was that nonsense driving around the kid and pointing out all the places her and "daddy" had moments? I still believe that she never really gave a crap about Derek and then all of the sudden started playing it up for the cameras. Season 1 and her "16 and Preg" epi, I dont remember hearing any mention of him and if there was, it wasnt in a positive light. Why is she going to Ft Lauderdale for food school? There isnt one closer to home? Why couldnt she get her Bachelors from the school she got her Associates? Maybe if she wasnt such a b!tch, she would have some friends and wouldnt talk to her child like it was an adult.

Tyler and Catelynn... I just want to grab them both, slap them across the face and yell "CARLY IS NOT YOUR CHILD!!!!!". I picture brandon and teresa sitting there watching the show and cringing everytime they see something involving Butch and what could have been for their little girl. I feel like everytime the two of them have a conversation, they are reading from some book of positive affermations or quotations. So Butch gets out of jail, goes back to jail, gets out, goes back, gets out, smokes crack, beats his wife, she files for divorce... Do you think he and April finally see what Tyler and Cate had to make the decision they did?

and whats the answer to the nick question? Is that both Ty and Cates half brother? Cause if so, that would be the cherry on top of this white trash sundae
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread