+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: Teen Mom 3

FORT Fogey

Re: Teen Mom 3

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    We don't know what his home life is, at all. We don't see it. So I don't think we should make assumptions on his life, nor do I think we should give Maci a free pass based on her past behavior. It doesn't make the way she's acting now any less wrong and immature. I give her credit for trying, however, I do think Ryan is growing and I do give him credit for that.

That being said I do think he needs to grow up and move out of his parents house. But it also may be that they don't want him to move out - I can easily see his mother wanting to keep him at home. That's a tough dynamic to break.

I guess what I'm saying is that in terms of Ryan, all we can really judge him on is his parenting, and how he is with Bentley, because unlike the girls, that's all we really see enough of to know.

On another note, the visible progression of the damage Amber's behavior is doing to Leah, and just living in such a stressful environment, is sickening. It really shows how important the things that surround you as a baby are.
    I get your points, but the fact that his parents urge him so much to seek court shows to me that Bentley is just a passing thought to him, and a tool for his parents. If Bentley was his priority he would get a job, get a place of his own, and show the separation anxiety that Maci does. I just do not like that guy and I think he is spoiled, and I think that he is involved because it puts him on tv. Anyone can be nice to a toddler, but I just do not get parental care vibes from him. I hope for Bentley that I am wrong, but I get creep vibe from that guy completely.
    Debb70 likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I see Leah playing, like a normal toddler, and showing appropriate emotions....and she shows love for her mother, father, and family. I keep looking for what people say that they see, and I just don't see it.

I don't think that Ryan is a bad father, just an immature father. And Bentley doesn't need to be super-exposed to separation anxiety so that he won't become neurotic....that's not giving your child the best. Children pick up their cues from you....you act nuts....they act nuts. Ryan is definitely spoiled and pampered at home, but I think he shows love and caring for Bentley. It would appear that Bentley is given a lot of love at Ryan's house. Ryan's parents do irritate me, but they love their grandson.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 09-16-2011 at 01:50 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

The scene that spoke volumns to me as the differences between Kyle and Maci and Ryan and his parents was the birthday party. Ryan and his parents actually pouted and acted like children. I am guessin his parents are in their forties or fifties so acting mature should not be that difficult for them and to put Bentley first should not be that hard. The way they acted because they did not win or their prized jerk did not win was disgusting. Kyle was obviously uncomfortable as all adults are in situations, but mature enough to move on. Those three looked incredibly stupid, and if parents can act that way just because their adult child is a little put out, than they all lose my respect.
    Debb70 likes this.

I am still curious when did Ryan quit his job. He was working
    There's no place like home!

I am not impressed with Ryan at all. I really see little if any maturity in him. He has zero respect for anyone. And for the 34th time I will say that it takes a very low person to call the mother of your child the "S" word on tv and in front of the child. It indicates low class and low intellect.

Maci must have lost her mind when encouraging Bentley to say that he didn't want to go visit with his dad. That is just wrong, wrong, wrong. And so are verbal fights in front of Bentley. It's like she got a handbook called "HOW TO RUIN YOUR CHILD CUSTODY CASE." I wish she would get some sound legal advice and follow it. I don't find her genuine at all and hope Kyle runs for his life. She needs about a year without dates or a relationship. I do give her credit for being the responsible parent from day one and being there for Bentley all along. She just can't get her mind off a man. That seems to be her problem.

omg!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LoLo72 View Post
    Gary, needs to get a different shirt, if I have to see that gut in a too tight Aeropostle shirt one more time I might spew.

Quote Originally Posted by LoLo72 View Post
    I was a teen mom & cannot even imagine behaving like these "moms". Maci is trying her best & really is a decent mom, Catelyn & Tyler made the right choice. Farrah is horrible, it seems she has zero friends so she talks to Sophia like she's her peer. The whole making the puppy wear a diaper & use the toilet thing, just shows how dumb she is. Amber needs to have her mouth stapled shut & her hands tied behind her back until she learns how & when to talk. Gary, needs to get a different shirt, if I have to see that gut in a too tight Aeropostle shirt one more time I might spew. Ryan, wants to be a parent now that it gets him TV time & the baby is not so needy. Where was he in the beginning, he left Maci all alone & was partying. He has it made living off his parents.
    ITA with all of your posting!

Did anyone see The Reunion of the Teen Daddies with Dr. Drew? I missed it. I'll try to catch on a rerun. Here's a rundown on it.
    'Teen Dads' Special Recap: Corey Simms Admits He Married Leah Too Soon & Ryan Edwards Talks About Getting Back With Maci!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've got it recorded but have not watched it yet. It ran earlier today.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

The teen dad show was rather dull as I am seeing with most of the Dr. Drew shows. I know he is being a good therapist and retrieving information and trying to have the people make their own choices, but he just bores me period.

I have to say after all the episodes this season that Tyler is one amazing young man. For all he went through to be so clued in on how to be is amazing. I hope that he makes it in life because he surely deserves it. The differences between his and Catelynn's relationship with Amber and Gary's is amazing. They both fight, but the way that Tyler and Catelynn handle themselves is so much more mature. I still think they did the right thing, but out of all the parents I think they would have raised Carly as good or even better than Maci is with Bentley.

I love how they are trying really hard to edit Ryan in a good light, but I still view the guy as a loser. I do think that he could be better if he got away from his enabling mother. She is annoying as can be the way she encourages him that he is great and that everything is all on Maci. I shivered when I saw Maci texting her because I knew she was too immature to be there for her grandson and find out what was going on before she saw it as a way to cause drama. I do applaud Ryan for he and Maci and how they dealt with things at the restaurant. I think truly that his mother holds him back a lot from growing up. At least his father did say he needed to own up to his stuff.

Amber already shrieking again at Gary. I think the best thing that happened to those two was the no contact issue. That girl acting like she is all fixed is a complete farce. Does she really think she is healed that quickly, it is a lifelong process. I still think Leah is way quiet, and I see a lot of issues with her development.

Farrah needs friends. I thought it was endearing to take her to the places her father and her went, but she is only two, and Farrah talks to her like an adult. I think being with grandmother is a lot better than daycare, but I fear for the bonding of Farrah and Sopia is she leaves. Sophia already looks more attached to grandma than mom now.

Have they ever went in to Kyle's education or jobs? I know he is laid up, and I know that if a Network was paying me or my husband a fortune it would be hard at that age to keep working. However, I think Maci and Kyle need to quit focusing so much on marriage and more children and think past the MTV income. I applaud Maci for going to school, sad it seems both men in her life are not, but the future will come soon. I get a better feeling from Kyle than Ryan, and hope it works for them, but my only gripe is the job thing.

+ Reply to Thread