+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: Teen Mom 3

FORT Fogey

Re: Teen Mom 3

Correct me if I am wrong, but Ryan does not have any court ordered visits, so unless he does go to court any time he has is based on Maci and her thinking it is best for Bentley. So unless that changes, I think she does have a right to control what and whom he is with.

Now if I am wrong and it is court ordered joint custody than I agree she cannot say what happens within reason on Ryan's time as long as Bentley is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but Ryan does not have any court ordered visits, so unless he does go to court any time he has is based on Maci and her thinking it is best for Bentley. So unless that changes, I think she does have a right to control what and whom he is with.

Now if I am wrong and it is court ordered joint custody than I agree she cannot say what happens within reason on Ryan's time as long as Bentley is safe.
    What did they come up with? Was it a private agreement on the days and times? They are okay, if both parties will abide by them, but they cannot be enforced. Without a court order, if Ryan should decide to keep Bentley and not return him to Maci, then there really is nothing she could do, accept file a legal action for custody. Then you have to schedule it for a hearing and wait for that.

Ryan could hold Bently and not return Bently, until the judge told he what to. I'm not saying it's a good idea, but it could be done. If Maci were to call the police, they would stand by and tell her that since Ryan is a parent, they can't force him to turn the child over to Maci. AND Maci could do the same thing to Ryan. As I said, it's not a good thing, but it's possible. Therefore, I think that they need to be careful making statements about how much power they have. Without a court order, they really only have what the other parent allows them.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought that was the case, but was waiting for "somebody else" to jump out there! I remember when Joe and Kaylynn(sp?) had differences, we learned that he had as much right to the child as the child's mother did, and could keep the child if he dared to do so....which, IIRC, he did. Court is always the best way to go when parents are not married. Haven't Ryan and Maci been in mediation over Bentley? Stop the drama.....get to court!!!!

Bentley is not a toy to be squabbled over for power and domination.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Newbie

I was a teen mom & cannot even imagine behaving like these "moms". Maci is trying her best & really is a decent mom, Catelyn & Tyler made the right choice. Farrah is horrible, it seems she has zero friends so she talks to Sophia like she's her peer. The whole making the puppy wear a diaper & use the toilet thing, just shows how dumb she is. Amber needs to have her mouth stapled shut & her hands tied behind her back until she learns how & when to talk. Gary, needs to get a different shirt, if I have to see that gut in a too tight Aeropostle shirt one more time I might spew. Ryan, wants to be a parent now that it gets him TV time & the baby is not so needy. Where was he in the beginning, he left Maci all alone & was partying. He has it made living off his parents.
    Debb70 likes this.

I am definetly in the minority here....I believe Maci is playing games with Ryan. There was absolutely no reason for her to start on Ryan when he came to pick up Bentley. Save it for court. She all ready has one male living off her and MTV. She is the one who started Bentley crying in the house by saying you don't want to go do you..you want to stay with mommy. Give me a freaking break, all she is doing is trying to stir things up and get Ryan out of the picture. I believe she thinks Kyle is going to marry her, adopt Bentley and live happily ever after. It was not that many episodes back that she wanted to quit school, get pregnant and stay home all day. Now that is the thinking of a responsible adult (Not). She is driving Ryan to go to court and get visitation rights, etc. I thought Ryan was working, when did he quit?
    holly71 and prhoshay like this.
    There's no place like home!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You know, I think you really have good points. I have become quite disappointed in Maci's behaviors. She started out pretty strong, but she has really faded, in my eyes. Her immaturity is showing, in the worse way. She's going to get her feelings hurt. Look out, Kyle!!! You just may be being played! I don't think she's totally over Ryan.

As for Ryan working, he indicates that he quit his job just because he did. Can't help but wonder what the real story is. I'm sure there is more that he is not telling. Don't know the timeframe. Wonder how he's going to pay child support since you don't get unemployment benefits if you quit. He is paying support, isn't he? I can't seem to remember.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Captain I totally agree about Ryan. I think Maci starts in with him every time she sees him, usually in front of Bentley. I actually kind of like Ryan, he's made a lot of progress as a father, he's obviously bonded with Bentley, and honestly, a lot of fathers who are fully grown and ready for a baby don't bond with the baby in a way that we would see on TV until they're older, closer to being little boys than babies.

Maci and Ryan need to get to court ASAP to get this worked out by a judge, because it's much too easy for them to use Bentley to hurt each other - and honestly, I've noticed Maci doing this a few times. Not as much as Ryan. Oh and Maci saying to Bentley "you don't want to go, do you" is so awful. It makes him feel guilty about spending time with his father. Maybe he doesn't fully understand that now, but he does understand that his mama doesn't want him to go. And when he gets older, if she continues that behavior, it will affect Bentley's relationship with Ryan.

FORT Fogey

I do agree that asking him if he wants to go at that young age is completely inappropriate, but looking at it from her side she is trying to do what is best for Bentley by giving Ryan visitation. However, she is now in a stable relationship, is focused on her school, and really wants a reward for doing well. I think she sees Ryan getting the same things, and working way less than her. We have to remember that these are basically still immature young people. They cannot possibly be expected to all the time look like mature well thought out adults. I have to give Maci credit because unlike Amber and Farrah at least she is right more often than wrong. As for Ryan, he is an immature dolt. It is great that he is bonded with Bentley, but when mom and dad practically wipe your butt for you and you have no stress, it is not that hard. As for Maci having feelings for Ryan, I do not see it at all. I see her as wanting to be done with him, and being frustrated that she cannot be.

FORT Fogey

We don't know what his home life is, at all. We don't see it. So I don't think we should make assumptions on his life, nor do I think we should give Maci a free pass based on her past behavior. It doesn't make the way she's acting now any less wrong and immature. I give her credit for trying, however, I do think Ryan is growing and I do give him credit for that.

That being said I do think he needs to grow up and move out of his parents house. But it also may be that they don't want him to move out - I can easily see his mother wanting to keep him at home. That's a tough dynamic to break.

I guess what I'm saying is that in terms of Ryan, all we can really judge him on is his parenting, and how he is with Bentley, because unlike the girls, that's all we really see enough of to know.

On another note, the visible progression of the damage Amber's behavior is doing to Leah, and just living in such a stressful environment, is sickening. It really shows how important the things that surround you as a baby are.

FORT Fogey

Leah is showing all the signs of distress. She is so quiet and not developing much of a personality. Her mother is so emotional that the emotional needs of the child are squelled by her. I fear that Leah is being damaged more and more each and every day she is with Amber. I have no idea why CPS still allows her custody. I think that Gary's mother should be given temporary guardanship until Amber and Gary get it together.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread