+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: Teen Mom 3

Re: Teen Mom 3

If we were to play a game, and take a sip every time Farrah spoke rudely to her parent, we would have been drunk every single episode. I'm with the rest of the people on here, and just can't stand the way she talks to her parents. You can't fully blame her though, her parents are the ones putting up with it and not really saying anything. Also, I believe the way that Farrah's parents brought her up, gave her no sense of responsibility. Like another poster mentioned before, she couldn't handle taking care of a puppy, how the heck is she going to go to school full time, work and take care of Sophia. She's got to be crazy to leave that support system she has back home. Though she doesn't get along with her parents, you do see them taking care of Sophia when Farrah is gone.

I fear for these girls when the show is over and that MTV paycheck isn't coming through, what are they going to do? Maci somehow is able to afford living in an $1000+/month house, while not working, going to school part-time, and supporting a boyfriend who is currently unemployed. I haven't seen Amber work at all, or even mention school but yet she's able to afford renting that house for just her and Leah. And Farrah somehow was able to relocate across the country, managed to get afford a place on her own and was able to pay for school. They all need to talk to Spencer and Heidi from The Hills. They'll be able to tell them how much money they were making until Jersey Shore came along. Soon, they won't be "Teen Moms" anymore.
    Debb70 likes this.

Wow! ITA with absolutely EVERYTHING you wrote!

Quote Originally Posted by bluecontacts View Post
    If we were to play a game, and take a sip every time Farrah spoke rudely to her parent, we would have been drunk every single episode. I'm with the rest of the people on here, and just can't stand the way she talks to her parents. You can't fully blame her though, her parents are the ones putting up with it and not really saying anything. Also, I believe the way that Farrah's parents brought her up, gave her no sense of responsibility. Like another poster mentioned before, she couldn't handle taking care of a puppy, how the heck is she going to go to school full time, work and take care of Sophia. She's got to be crazy to leave that support system she has back home. Though she doesn't get along with her parents, you do see them taking care of Sophia when Farrah is gone.

I fear for these girls when the show is over and that MTV paycheck isn't coming through, what are they going to do? Maci somehow is able to afford living in an $1000+/month house, while not working, going to school part-time, and supporting a boyfriend who is currently unemployed. I haven't seen Amber work at all, or even mention school but yet she's able to afford renting that house for just her and Leah. And Farrah somehow was able to relocate across the country, managed to get afford a place on her own and was able to pay for school. They all need to talk to Spencer and Heidi from The Hills. They'll be able to tell them how much money they were making until Jersey Shore came along. Soon, they won't be "Teen Moms" anymore.

FORT Regular

I'm amazed at how much Amber was stomped on by reporters after she was released from jail. Is she that popular in her hometown? I'm guessing she's got a lot of haters in her area who are tracking her every move.

Maci and Ryan fight like an old married couple, except they're not even together. They obviously have a lot of growing up to do and maturing, if they want a stable environment for Bentley. They passively-aggressively attack each other, using their son unwittingly. Kyle seems like he's always shocked about Maci's behaviour when you see the look on his face, but I have to give him plus points for being there for Bentley. It seems he genuinely cares for the little guy.

Catelynn is extremely mature for her young age. Though I see a lot of her outlook is probably due to her own self-image and insecurities and growing up fast. The one thing I fear for both her and Tyler is that come a few years down the road, when they've both "grown up", they may resent how they grew up so quickly and not like where they're at in life. You can see signs of that already in Catelynn where she feels insecure about her still finishing high school, not far along as Tyler, so is doubting Tyler's loyalty to her. It's all related. But she has to realize that her happiness is not dependent on anyone except herself. She will reach her goals, but shouldn't fear if there isn't someone holding her hand along the way, or getting a little ahead. She's a smart girl and will feel better about herself (and in turn her relationship) when she reaches her next goals. It's a lot to ask two just barely out of teenage years young people to be so grown up, and be so responsible so fast. I give them kudos for trying to grow up, despite the challenges and hope, especially Catelynn, that she can find some kind of inner healing inside.

Farrah is just a story. Her parents are trying really hard at not losing it, as they know where that can lead, but it does seem like Farrah is playing the emotional card with them. Sad for Sophia. It's great Farrah wants to get some progress in life, but without a strong support system, her goals will take her twice as long to achieve. I have a 4 month old daughter, but I am happily married for 6 years and have already done the college and career years and can look back without regrets. I can see her wanting to get away to start over and build her life, but when you have a child, it's not just all about you. Her parents have a point about Sophia's happiness. The problem with Farrah is she never got the independence, career and life that she's seeking now in life, and is resenting her parents for not supporting her with it. But when she goes and has a child, she's got to learn about *compromises*. That may include achieving your goals, but in not the way she might expect.
    bluecontacts likes this.

FORT Fogey

Farrah needs to quit blaming her parents for not having the Fun years of growing up. Noone told her to sleep with her boyfriend, and noone told her to keep the baby and raise her. I mean they are doing everything in their power to help her. Problem is Farrah thinks it is because she is not independent, but when it came down to it and her mother told her they would be happy to keep Sophia with them while she attended school did you catch her gasp because no way was she going to get rid of her hold on her parents. She is so jealous of Sophia it is astounding, and I fear for little Sophia and her self esteem issues, and what she is going to go through when she finally starts mouthing back to Farrah.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    Farrah needs to quit blaming her parents for not having the Fun years of growing up. Noone told her to sleep with her boyfriend, and noone told her to keep the baby and raise her. I mean they are doing everything in their power to help her. Problem is Farrah thinks it is because she is not independent, but when it came down to it and her mother told her they would be happy to keep Sophia with them while she attended school did you catch her gasp because no way was she going to get rid of her hold on her parents. She is so jealous of Sophia it is astounding, and I fear for little Sophia and her self esteem issues, and what she is going to go through when she finally starts mouthing back to Farrah.
    ITA with you. Due to what Sophia witnesses, she's probably going to be like some of the little ones on Toddler's and Tiaras. Very mouthy, hitting (to express anger), and generally, just being a brat. Like her Mom! <3

FORT Fogey

I am in shock and awe at how awful the therapist was with Farrah's mother. Wow I thought they were supposed to try and help not create more hurt. Farrah's mother is not stating what she feels in the right way. I do not see anything from her mother about not thinking Farrah is an adult rather reacting moreso to the fact that as an adult she is making wild choices, and not thinking about her daughter. Sophia is extremely bonded with her grandparents. It is going to be horrible to have that bond severed by a move. Farrah may not need her mom and dad to parent her, although I think she does, but Sophia needs them. I am usually opposed to parents being away from their children, and I think that Sophia will suffer equally if her mother is away, but I think the more stable comfortable familiarity that her grandparents could provide would be better for Sophia. I think that a move across town would have been better.

I know that parents leave kids with babysitters and grandparents and go out, but I see Maci's point. She values every single moment with Bentley, and to see the other parent going out when she is going to school, living on her own, and making a relationship work with Kyle and Ryan does not work and goes out I would be frustrated to. Ryan's parents are too enabling of their son, and Maci might as well have joint custody with them. Since Ryan does not work, I do not see why his visitation is not during Maci's school time. If he wants to go out so much than have the visits during that time when you want to be with him. I see him taking care of Bentley, but he is not sacrificing any of his stuff for his son, and that is the true sign of a good parent putting yourself second.

I feel for Tyler and Catelynn. I am an adoptive parent, and I can only imagine how hard it would be to have to have interaction with birth parents, I do not, but Brandon and Theresa were given the great gift of raising Carly and that means doing what is best for her now and her future. I think if they do not plan something for the graduation it will come back to them in the future. I can understand not wanting to be around the biological grandparents as it might get uncomfortable, but than just come to Michigan and spend some time with them that day or around that day to celebrate. For Catelynn especially given the situation this is a huge accomplishment, and I think that it would help her focus even more on the future to share it with Carly.

I am so over all the drama with Amber. I cannot imagine growing up in that environment. When it is not anger, it is tears. Leah is so quiet. You can just feel her fear and how scared she is all the time of what Amber is going to do next. I really wish that CPS would remove her. Especially with all the drama in the headlines lately that has not even been shown on the show yet. I know they care about their daughter, but they are both just so mixed up right now that they need to get in a better place.
    bluecontacts and Debb70 like this.

Good points above. I would like to know where Farrah's therapist got her education and license. What a loser. That women is just as rude, stubborn and narrow minded as Farrah. Go figure. I was SHOCKED to see a "so-called" professional behave the way she did. She was supposed to be neutral and nonjudgmental. She was niether. I hope someone in their county looks in on her. Something is definitely off there. Any professional would know how the separation of a child from one of their primary care givers is going to effect them. So discuss those concerns and ways to deal with it. That woman missed the boat big time. Thanks for nothing lady. I think even Farrah realized she was waaaay off. Farrah, you need a new therapist. If Farrah has been going to her, no wonder her attitude is at an all time low.

Oh did you notice last week how Farrah rode Sophia around without a safety seat in the back of the cab? What was she thinking? Not only is that illegal, it's risking your child's life. Who paid for the braces? One minute Farrah says she attending a 4 yr. university and then she says it's another culinary school. I'm confused.

Once again Amber is thinking only of herself. Leah is vomiting, but she insists she kiss another child on the lips. What? Leah is very sick, but Amber thinks she should go to daycare anyway and not the doctor? Why? You don't send sick kids to child care. All she could do was complain of getting puked on.

I wonder if she has heat in the house and that's why she has on a coat inside and is wrapped up in a blanket. PLEASE tell me when do they get to the part where AMber is only allowed supervised visits? The media, Gary and other family has reported that Amber had supervised visits for a long time, so why are we seeing her having overnights on this show??????????? I don't get it.

I could just shake Maci and Ryan. WHY can't they have their disagreements while Bentley is out of ear range. They know he is listening and that it is bothering him and yet they still do it. THat is abusive. Shame on both of them. Even Kyle told Maci they shouldn't do that. I hope she listens.

Caityln is trying so hard, but it is clear that Tyler wants to grow and expand. The writing is on the wall. Maybe one day they will come back together, but he feels trapped. All of his comments indicate he wants out. He just doesn't want to hurt Caitlyn. I don't think that can be avoided though. It's sad.
    bluecontacts likes this.

ITA with all the posts. That therapist was absolutely horrible.

Oh gosh, been on vacation for 3 weeks and 'thought' I would have allot to catch on with "Teen Mom" but reading back here it appears it is just the same ole, same ole week after week. I basically think that MTV should 'shelf' this group. Maybe bring back this orginial group once a year for one epi.

Farrah's continued nastiness is annoying to watch. Ryan is nothing short of one big baby. I hope Maci finds happiness with Kyle. I feel badly for C&T as they have had horrible role models as parents (except Ty's Mom). Amber and Gary … forget about it … those two are toxic together yet they keep going back to each other …. ugh.
    KAREN

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Maci needs to understand that she can't control everything that goes on with Bentley when he is with his father. The boy is not being neglected or abused, and he is spending time with his dad and dad's family. I know it is frustrating, but Bentley is OK....it's just not to Maci's liking. She's going to have to learn the hard way, I guess. Control can be hard to give up. And she needs to stop her friends from trying to "*ish stir" by calling her up to report on Ryan. Maci, you're listening to the wrong people.

Leah, with the strep throat...Amber needs to see a doctor, herself, since you treat strep throat with antibiotics....and you stay away from people for 24 hours, last I heard.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread