+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: Teen Mom 3

FORT Fogey

Re: Teen Mom 3

This latest episode really sickened me. Did anyone catch when Farrah was telling her mother and father about moving how when she laid it out to them how she was smiling. She is so seeking negative attention and is obviously suffering from ODD. She loves to be in control of people's emotions because it makes her feel smart and happy. She needs some serious help. She will be good with Sophia until Sophia is not portable and talks back than she will play these games with her too. I have to give her mother and father props, they are really trying. Farrah is not going to hurt them the most, she is going to hurt Sophia who obviously has a huge bond with her grandparents.

I have to give Tyler and Catelynn props for working through their issues. Catelynn obviously is getting a lot out of her counseling, and I think it is great that she goes that route when in trouble. She is a very strong young woman, and I have hopes for her.

Ryan's parents need to shut up and back off. This is Maci and Ryan's child, and you should be trying to teach you own son that any job in this economy should be kept and to quit his ways and grow up for Bentley. Instead they are trying to cause trouble, and again the only one that will be hurt if it gets nasty is Bentley.

Amber being away from Gary is a good thing, but what the heck are they thinking allowing her around Leah? So she has not been abusive to her yet so lets just let her have her until she is. I think losing Leah to Gary is what needs to happen, and Gary needs to move on from Amber and grow up for his daughter. Leah is so quiet and looks like she is confused and sad all the time. I so feel for that little girl.
    Debb70 likes this.

Farrah is not responsible enough to house train a puppy, but she's all ready to attend college full time with a toddler in tow. The girl is mindless. What a spoiled brat. If she would shut up her hysterical crying she might hear that her mom is trying to support her in her dream to go away to college. Listen Farrah. Your mom was agreeing with you. How pathetic. Just make her stop.

Gary's mom, Leah's Grandmother has lost her mind. Grandma, Amber has beat the stuffings out of your son on many occassions. She's dangerous, violent and downright mean. She's not safe to parent Leah!!!! Stop encouraging Gary to wait for her and telling him absence makes the heart grow fonder! Are you kidding me?

Maci at least is focusing on her studies now. That's good. I wonder if Kyle had health coverage when he busted his knee. Oh my.....

It's good Caitlyn turns to counseling. I'm not impressed with her counselor though.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

On the post-season interview show, with Dr. Drew, I hope somebody directly asks Farrah why she is so disrespectful and hateful toward her parents. And, as parents, sometimes we have to do the hard things....and that would mean stop allowing Farrah to control them through her daughter. Sometimes, you've just got to pull away, and let the chips fall where they may. Sophia will, eventually, find her way back to her loving grandparents. I know it's hard, but life is hard. They need to have the backbone to put their foot down. Nobody can treat you like a doormat unless you lay down and let them.

Catelynn is not dealing with the reality that people grow and change, and that there's nothing wrong with that. I'm hoping that she grows and changes, too. She really needs to. I think it's sad that she allows herself to look so matronly, and I'm sure that most of it is her mindset. I hope Tyler keeps pushing forward in his development.

And, why hasn't Maci done something about Bentley's pacifier? After last night's show, I think it's more about shutting him up. that thing needs to go to the "Passy fairy, for the little babies who need them." Was Kyle working before he tore up his knee? I'm guessing not, but I don't know.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I have to say I hope that Kyle gets a job when his knee is better. He seems so much more grounded and decent that Ryan that I hope he at least tries to get one. I wonder if he went to college at all.

Dr. Drew does not impress me, he will just cater to Farrah, and probably find someway her parents are at fault for her behavior. He seems to coddle certain things and favors people that seem to be for me at least the wrongdoers.

I do not feel Catelynn is matronly, I think she is a girl who has had a lot of tough things thrown her way, and if she is not into partying well good for her. Clubbing is definitely not growing up, getting past the partying is growing up to me. I do think that if Tyler needs to go to grow up past it though, they have to be willing to see if their relationship can withstand it. If Catelynn is the right girl, than he will do the right thing and stand by her through the clubbing and partying.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    And, why hasn't Maci done something about Bentley's pacifier? After last night's show, I think it's more about shutting him up. that thing needs to go to the "Passy fairy, for the little babies who need them."
    I think it is just easier for them to let him have it. My first son LOVED his paci! When he was a toddler he would walk around with one in his mouth and one in each hand!! When he was approaching 2 years old we knew it had to go, but man was it a nightmare!!! It was particularly trying at bedtime and it would have been SO EASY to just give it to him to get to sleep. But if you just get rid of them, REFUSE to buy a new one, and suffer through it for a week or so the kid comes out the other end better for it! They just need to realize this.

It could also be that Maci and Ryan are undermining each other on this issue. If Maci did the hard work and took it away, would he just pick up another paci when he went over to Ryan's (or vice-versa)?

I agree with Prhoshey above about the way Farrah's parents allow her to walk all over them and show so much disrespect. It's actually more than disrespect, it's contempt that shows towards them. They are encouraging Farrah's sense of entitlement every day. I think it would just be too difficult for them to do, but if they could muster up the courage, they should calmly tell Farrah that her rude behavior will no longer be tolerated and if she does it again, she must leave their house and not return. No phone calls, no visits and no money. Leave her on her own with Sophia. Let's see how long her grandparents will support her with college, living expenses, and child care. She needs to understand there are consequences for treating people like that. If she wants to act like Michael is a peer and not her dad, then I would stop treating her with cash.

It would be hell for Michael and Debra to be separated from Sophia, but it's a risk they need to take. Sophia seeing them being treated that way is cruel and hurtful. It's going to mess her up and cause her a lot of problems later on. I don't think any of them get that. It's similar to what Leah experiences. There may not be actual violence in front of Sophia, but the words are being used as weapons and the hatred and anger is just as real as the punches and kicks Amber throws at Gary.

You are right about Dr. Drew. I normally like him, but when it comes to dealing with the family members on these shows, he blows it pretty bad, most of the time. I really wish they would get somewhere else to do it. He's so off it hurts. I think his words are a hinderance most of the time. He needs to get in touch with these people or stay away.
    Last edited by Debb70; 09-08-2011 at 12:34 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

We need to remember that Dr. Drew is not treating these people as his patients. He is a professional who is HOSTING a show.

And, I'm not talking about Catelynn being matronly because she doesn't want to go out clubbing or partying. I am talking about her general appearance, with which she, too, is unhappy. She can do something about that. What I do know, for sure, is that these people are on their way to becoming who it is they are meant to be, and that could, easily be a long way off. I "found" myself in my 30s! It was like a breath of fresh air and freedom! And I liked who I "found".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

If I was Farrah's mother (and she should be glad I'm not)...I'd be getting ready to turn myself in on another assault charge. If that girl continually smarted-off to me like that, I'd mash her mouth to the other side of her head for her and Dr. Drew could go fly a kite. Dang....that kid needs to wakeup and smell the coffee.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

FORT Fogey

You are correct Farrah's parents need to let go for now. Farrah is using Sophia to control them, and even though losing contact with Sophia is so not right and is going to hurt unfortunately unless they seek custody, Farrah will continue this nonsense. My nine year old daughter is acting the same way right now, and the only thing that works is just literally ignoring all the mouth and moving on. Any attention they get for the nonsense gives them the mindset that they can control you, and if you scream or cry they feel powerful and do it more. Her parents need to simply state we love Sophia, but we will not let you use her to control us, and when you finally grow up we will be here for you and her. They also need to make sure they tell her loudly and clearly that they are not in agreement with the potential damage she may cause her daughter, but that they respect it is her daughter and move on the best they can.

I would give it a week, and if they are the ones that are controlling the contact, Farrah will alter herself.

As for Tyler and Catelynn, I see Tyler as feeling like he accomplished something upon finishing High School, getting a job, and starting college. I think he is just feeling like ok I worked hard I am doing well I can take a break and relax a little. My hope is he can balance the breaks, but still keep to the goals. I think what happens sometimes in these situations is the partying takes over and since you need a job and college the relationship is the one that gets the stress and eventually loses steam. I hope they make it through, but time is all that can decide that.

I know this is wrong, but Kyle seems so much more at ease and parent like with Bentley. I am not saying Ryan is not trying, but he definitely is not as at ease with his son as Kyle is. I think his parents are too involved, and I think that extra pressure is what is hurting the whole situation. I think that Maci and Ryan are working it out good, but I think Ryan is always on the lookout for trouble so any little thing Maci does sets him off, and than in turn sets her off, than his parents sit back and say see we told you even though I feel they are the start point. I would like to see Ryan move out, and grow up a little bit.
    Last edited by MHcarrollton; 09-09-2011 at 08:18 AM.
    atlantasue1 and Debb70 like this.

I agree that Ryan has a lot to learn about parenting. I think that even teen dads should have the sense to know that you don't call the mother of your child the "S" word in front of the child. He does it repeatedly, because he is so spoiled and when he can't get his way, he blows up like a child. His parents are childish too. You don't ruin the child's good time because you are grumpy about something. They ALL need parenting classes IMO.

I realize Maci is joking, but she needs to stop making comments about giving Bentley away or selling him. She has started saying it too much. You just don't say things like that anymore, especially when you are in a custody dispute.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread