+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: Teen Mom 3

FORT Fogey

Re: Teen Mom 3

Maci has definitely become complacent due to the MTV income. She drives a way better car than I could hope to get anytime soon, and she is way younger than I. I think MTV is doing these girls a huge injustice, and they should have set money up in a trust fund for the children's future college and paid the money towards the teens college only. No way is it even real anymore to teens that might choose unsafe sex watching this show. They are going to be like look at the apartment Maci has, look at the house Amber gets, and Farrah got a boob job when she complains she is poor. Only ones seeming to struggle is Tyler and Caitlynn. Do they not get paid like the rest?
    Debb70 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Caitlynn and Tyler don't get help from their parents. I like Tyler's mom very much, but I don't think she's helping him pay for this apartment, mostly because if it doesn't work out, he's welcome to move back in with her. Maci gets child support from Ryan, works, and I'm sure gets help from her parents. I don't think Amber has any money to speak of. Her yearly income may look high on paper due to the Teen Moms money, but she spends it all so fast. But that "on paper" number may be enough to secure her a place to rent. Farrah, I will say, has a job at least. She doesn't pay for childcare. I'm sure her mother helps her out financially. I also think she mentioned something about getting a loan for the boob job.

Is Maci's car still the orange one? Because she had that in 16 and Pregnant. I remember thinking it was really nice... but it may have been a gift from her parents before she got pregnant.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

FORT Fanatic

I really dislike Ryan and would love to be a fly on the wall when his parents and lawyer watch this season of Teen Mom and see what really went down and compare it to what Ryan told them. He seems fine with placing all the blame on Maci and then allowing his parents & lawyer to heap it on and agree with whatever they say. Like how he told his Dad Maci took off with Bentley when in reality he called her a name, told her to take the kid and stomped off.

And his mom sure didn't have a problem with Ryan dating and introducing girls to Bentley but when it comes to Maci being in a serious year plus relationship with the same guy she wants Ryan to go to court to separate them?

Amber... wow. She really is unstable. I found it ironic how she spent the last two episodes throwing herself a pity party about not being able to see Leah because Gary wouldn't bring her over, then she goes off on her mother for not coming over to see Leah. Why not take your own advice Amber and get off your duff if you want to see your own child?
    Debb70 and jenniferboston1 like this.

I have noticed that reality shows seem to hurt many more of the people they feature, than the ones they help. There's no way to know what would have happened if a person had not gone on the reality show, but it almost seems like the kiss of death. It looks like the money, the lack of privacy, etc. drives people to despair. Just a few include: Jon and Kate, Kat Von D, The Roloffs, Hulk Hogans family, Russell's suicide from Housewives, Jenelle and Amber from Teen Mom, Osbourne kids(they admit they were doing drugs while their show was being taped.), Paris Hilton (drug arrests and DWI), Jessica Simpson and her husband, and others.

FORT Fogey

I'm watching the current episode right now. Maci is working my last nerve. Girl, if your boyfriend, your mother, and your friends are ALL telling you it's a really bad idea to want another child right now, maybe that ought to tell you something. Her reasoning is just so flawed--she wants another baby because she wants a girl. Well, there's no guarantee of that unless she adopts, and no one's going to let her adopt. She wants a baby because Bentley isn't really a baby anymore, and she only has him half the time, and she's bored when he's not there. First, really nice of her to act as if she has nothing to do when Kyle is there and Bentley isn't. Second, I'm pretty sure a lot of moms of toddlers would love to have some child-free time just to catch up on chores etc. (and maybe that's when Maci could hit the books she claims she can't concentrate on while Bentley's around, because he's so cute). Third, she shouldn't be having a child because she's bored or she wants a girl or she wants a child she doesn't have to share or she wants a baby again, not just a toddler. Maci seems to think having a baby is all about what she wants--not what might be best for her future kids and the child she already has. Oh, yeah, and she didn't score any points with me by saying dogs stink either.

Speaking of flawed reasoning, Farrah's a self-involved, idiotic brat. Now she wants to move to California, because there are more opportunities for her there. Yeah, and it's also going to be much more expensive to live there, you'll be giving up your (and more importantly, Sophia's) support system, and there may be more jobs, in terms of numbers, there, but there are also more people trying to get them. Oh, wait, I forgot--now she wants to go for a bachelor's degree. In what? Bitchiness? Never mind. She obviously has her doctorate in that already. The way she snaps at anyone who offers even the most basic advice in the most low key kind of way makes her sound like a thirteen year old. And a hateful thirteen year old at that. Naturally, she couldn't find any place to live in Santa Monica either, because nothing's too good for Princess Farrah.

Amber is just floating through this episode so there's not much to say about her, other than that she hasn't found the need to scream at or hit anyone yet--but then she hasn't had any scenes with Gary either.

I thought it was kind of sad that Catelynn and Tyler had to talk about taking their mother and father Christmas shopping separately, as if they were misbehaving children and C/T were the adults. On the positive side, though, everyone there seems to be getting along better, and Catelynn said that her relationship with April has really improved since they started going to counseling together. I noticed Butch has a better haircut too. I realize that's very superficial, but then maybe it's not--maybe it's a sign he's trying to break with the past.

Okay, Farrah still insists she's moving, but not to California. And Maci seems to have reluctantly decided having another baby right now might not be a good idea. Gee, you think?
    holly71, bluecontacts and Debb70 like this.

FORT Fogey

Oh watching the scene with Maci and Kyle at the day care center (or preschool?) was both very upsetting and very sweet. It's so hard for me to watch babies cry like that, especially when it's something that has to happen. Kyle was wonderful with Bentley. But what Kyle did was what those teachers should have known to do in the first place. He should have gotten involved in a toy or game or something first, then Maci could easily say "you keep playing and I'm going to run outside and be right back." The way they started off he had to go find a toy that wasn't familiar, in a place that wasn't familiar, with kids who weren't familiar, with no one he knew. It's not a big deal, but it's much less scary and traumatic.

Catelynn and Tyler are nice to watch. Yes, Catelynn irritates me, but she has a good heart. They're not perfect, but they're really really trying.

Farrah. Ugh. First of all, does she really think that California is a particularly good place for a restaurant? They're a dime a dozen! Wouldn't she maybe be better off in a smaller town, where there are fewer options to compete with? And the way she talks to her parents is ridiculous. This season they're being so supportive and helpful to her, and she's just being nasty back.

Am I correct in saying that all Amber had to do was have a room set up for Leah to get her back?? Because that's how it was portrayed on the show.
    Debb70 likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Farrah....I know it's probably not the case, but the more I look at her, her face looks botoxed, with it's immobility. Her face never moves or changes. It's just strange. Her mother's face is very lined (wrinkled), and has plenty of movement.

And I'd like to know the backstory as to why she calls her father "Michael". Is he her biological father, or someone who came into her life through her mother?

Can't understand why Maci is pushing another baby when her boyfriend doesn't even have a job. I have a feeling she is going to get her way since he seems to be considering getting her a ring. Maci wants another baby because she is alone when Bentley is with his dad. NO baby should have to be born into this world with a JOB before they even take their first breath.

Also can't help but wonder if Catelynn has ever had any "real" shoes. She wears those knee-high, soft, fringed boot things with no structure. I have discovered that people like that do exist. I have to admit that I was shocked.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

At the beginning of last night's episode, Maci said that she dropped half of her classes to spend more time with Bentley. But then when she's talking to her mom about having another baby, she complains that she only has Bentley half the time, and when he's not there she's bored and has nothing to do. She brought him to a daycare because he needs to socialize more with other kids, but wouldn't it make sense to bring him to a daycare while she has classes? Kill two birds with one stone kind of idea.
    analisa_roche and Debb70 like this.

Last night, I though Maci had really lost her mind. She exposed a very selfish side about herself. Every week she appears to be more and more manipulative IMO. Now I'm thinking that Kyle may be too good for her. She seems to be playing games with people's lives and I don't find that amusing. Has the money changed her that much? She needs a makeover onl the inside.

Why would Farrah prefer that Sophia stay long hours with strangers while she attends school or starts her career, rather than with family members? Most parents would love it if they had family to support them with child care.

I'm not sure if Farrah realizes that the college child care probably does not cover, evenings, weekends and holidays. And when you are a full-time college student, you often have to pull all nighters, study on weekends, and even holidays. Where will she leave Sophia with no family and friends around? And if she's working at her restaurant, then she would need a sitter on evenings and weekends, because that's when most of your business is in a restaurant. Didn't she price child care costs before? Doesn't she know how super expensive child care is?

She's so stubborn. Still, I can't help but think she's so selfish and mean because she was handed everything on a silver platter growing up. As Dr. Phil says, over indulgence is one of the most insidious kinds of abuse.

Farrah.....omg, can't wait for Sophia to talk to YOU the way you speak to your parents. So amazingly rude.
    analisa_roche likes this.

+ Reply to Thread