+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: Teen Mom 3

FORT Fogey

Re: Teen Mom 3

I did notice when Amber said she hadn't given CPS any reason to doubt she was a good mom, her friend mentioned her hitting Gary. Amber seemed to think CPS was concerned about that only because they worried she'd do something like that in front of Leah. No, Amber, I think they're concerned that you did it at all and that you might do it to Leah. I'm sure she'd swear up and down that she'd never hit Leah like that, but I suspect CPS's response would be that people who have anger management issues often do things they would never think of doing while calmer and may very well regret after they've done them--that doesn't mean they don't end up doing them anyway.
    holly71, analisa_roche and Debb70 like this.

I realize it's a parent's choice, but who gives their young child a toy gun to play with? It put a knot in my stomach. WHY? There are so many other fun and educational toys. I didn't know they sold them in stores anymore. (It was Bentley who was holding the toy gun.)

Quote Originally Posted by debb70 View Post
    i realize it's a parent's choice, but who gives their young child a toy gun to play with? It put a knot in my stomach. Why? There are so many other fun and educational toys. I didn't know they sold them in stores anymore. (it was bentley who was holding the toy gun.)
    ita!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I realize it's a parent's choice, but who gives their young child a toy gun to play with? It put a knot in my stomach. WHY? There are so many other fun and educational toys. I didn't know they sold them in stores anymore. (It was Bentley who was holding the toy gun.)
    Because there are a lot of states where a strong hunting culture exists. Ryan and/or his father probably hunt. Daddy has a four wheeler, so Bentley has a toy four wheeler. Daddy has a gun, so Bentley has a toy gun.

I'm not saying I agree with it, but it happens. Heck, some people take kids who are as young as four hunting. It seems like an accident waiting to happen to me (and sadly, there have been situations in which that has been fatally true), but they still do it.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    especially when you consider that children in schools are getting expelled just by playing cowboys and indians and using their fingers in a gun like way..like we used to play
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I understand that culture. I grew up in an area like that myself, although, my dad never went hunting. He kept a rifle his father gave him as a boy in the back of the closet and we never touched it. My grandpa wasn't a hunter either, but it was all around us. We kids got cowgirl and cowboy outfits for several Christmases and my younger brother got a cap gun. I HATED those cap guns. They were loud, scary and smelled bad. One day we were horseplaying and he fired it near by face and burned my lip! I really hated them after that. Maybe that's why I dislike them so much. LOL

But in a hunting culture, you are handling rifles and shotguns, not handguns. I'm not aware of any game you hunt with a handgun.

I just feel that in a society where we have people getting upset and shooting their families, students going off and shooting their classmates, citizens shooting policeman, etc., that to give your toddler a toy gun is just bizarre. If your child wants to handle a firearm, then wait until they are old enough to undertand the safety classes on handling a firearm and after they do that, then take them target shooting at a range that provides protection.

I recall seeing another child playing with a toy gun on reality tv. It was a little Duggar boy and it was a handgun too. Even if you want your child to play hunting, then they still wouldn't need a handgun.
    Last edited by Debb70; 08-18-2011 at 01:00 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've also noticed how little boys will pick up anything and make it a pretend gun.....a stick, a hanger.....anything.

I agree about the culture thing....haven't we seen Bentley wearing camo clothes?

And I hate it when kids talk around a pacifier that they have stuck in their mouths. That shows you, right there, that they are past needing a pacifier, but there are lazy parents out there who don't have the "stones" to get rid of them.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have found that single parents often have this guilt thing going where they don't want to upset the child for any reason. They want the child to like them and they fear that if they enforce rules, they might be disliked.

Recall how Maci made a joke out of Bentley taking a time out recently? He had said or done something rude to her guest. She used to allow him to hit her in the face, but I haven't seen that in awhile.

Does Ryan have any siblings? I would be concerned with Ryans parents raising Bentley. Parents are not always the reason a kid turns out rotten, but it looks like they never taught Ryan to take responsiblity. He has no drive and is VERY rude to women, IMO. No parent should verbally address the other the way he does Maci; NO MATTER what she has done that he disagrees with. From where I came from, they would say that Ryan has little if any raisings. LOL When I was a kid, I thought they were sayings raisins, like the fruit. I thought that was why we were often provided raisins as a healthy snack! LOL
    analisa_roche likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That's delightful!!!

About feeling guilty over what you do or don't do with your children, I never was one to give a child that kind of control over me. I knew it could lead to bigger things later. There are so many worse things that are going to happen in life if we don't learn to draw boundaries....like taking pacifiers, when appropriate. This is all a part of that entitlement crapola that has become so popular.

Now.....go eat some raisins!!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 08-18-2011 at 06:41 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I did notice when Amber said she hadn't given CPS any reason to doubt she was a good mom, her friend mentioned her hitting Gary. Amber seemed to think CPS was concerned about that only because they worried she'd do something like that in front of Leah. No, Amber, I think they're concerned that you did it at all and that you might do it to Leah. I'm sure she'd swear up and down that she'd never hit Leah like that, but I suspect CPS's response would be that people who have anger management issues often do things they would never think of doing while calmer and may very well regret after they've done them--that doesn't mean they don't end up doing them anyway.
    I am in total agreement with you and I also believe that CPS is not only concerned that she may become violent towards Leah at some point but to be honest any violence in the home is not tolerated by CPS. She may think it is ok to hit Gary who is much bigger than her but it is NOT!!!!

I realize that these moms are really just teens but man oh man do the majority of them treat their mothers like crap? sheesh!!! they need to remember that payback is a bitch!!! (especially the mom's with daughters!)...just saying!

+ Reply to Thread