+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: Teen Mom 3

FORT Fogey

Re: Teen Mom 3

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I didn't see this please tell me she didn't go to a pet store and spend a fortune on some purbred dog...I hate that crap..sorry...adopt one from a shelter so they don't have to be put to sleep
    That's exactly what she did--and for half the show, the poor thing was stuck in one of those insipid doggie dresses, not to mention the diaper Farrah "improvised" for the dog.

FORT Fogey

Okay, well, I'm not going to judge someone if they want a particular breed of dog. However, I do judge people for getting them from pet stores. If you really, really want a purebred dog, go to a reputable breeder, for a multitude of reasons.

FORT Fogey

The problem isn't the breed of dog that Farrah bought but that the breed was inappropriate in terms of being around a very small child, as the smaller a dog is, the more likely it is that even a small child could accidentally injure it. And no dog really wants to be in, or needs to be in, a dress, as it literally makes it more difficult for the dog to move freely. In very cold conditions, a properly made dog coat is okay outdoors, but they really don't need to wear other sorts of clothes at all. For that matter, Farrah was an idiot about the type of dog she bought. At the size it is already, it's never going to stay as small as she seems to think it will. It's not going to be a big dog, but it's not going to fit in a purse either. But then, Farrah isn't responsible enough to be a dog owner in the first place, and a decent breeder, rescue group, or shelter would have told her that.

And yeah, no one should buy a purebred dog from anyone other than a reputable breeder, and really, if you're not planning on breeding anyway, go to the local humane society. If, for some reason, you need a specific breed, check into breed rescues (and plenty of purebreds end up at humane societies too). Pet store dogs are often the result of puppy mill breeding--and Farrah lives in Iowa, which is one of many states that has a real problem with puppy mills.
    ClosetRTWatcher and Debb70 like this.

Even if Farrah had gone to a shelter to adopt a dog, they would not have allowed it. THey have standards and they will consider if you have the proper setup for a pet. THey also require that you have the written consent of the landlord where you are living, unless you own your home. HINT to Farrah, You have no business with a puppy. I guess she will rely on her mom to walk the dog when she's busy at work or doing things with Sophia.

The way Farrah has no concern for the welfare of the dog is actually quite common. I know quite a few people who work long hours, but that does not stop them from having dogs. The dogs are kept inside, alone, for many hours. I just don't understand why they think they are providing the animal a good life. A cat is different. They can use a litter box and do pretty well on their own for the entire day, but for a dog, it's different. When I think of the people who crate their dog for 9-10 hours every weekday, it breaks me heart. I can't stand to think about it.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

Farrah is an idiot. She is very impulsive & never seems to think beyond the moment. Very immature & thinks only of herself. It's no surprise that she doesn't have any friends. Everyone seems to have covered my thoughts on the puppy. I just got a puppy last month, & let me tell you, Farrah is not going to be able to handle it! It's been 16 years since I've had a puppy & even though I remember it being a lot of work, I forgot just how much work it really is! Thankfully, I'm more mature & more patient than Farrah, so it's not an issue. I also have another dog at home & they keep each other company & play & the puppy learns a lot from the older one. I love watching them play together! It's the cutest thing ever. But yeah, I don't see Farrah sticking it out too long with the puppy. I can't imagine that there will be much in the way of making a real effort to get the dog housebroken ~ I'm pretty sure she didn't even have potty pads in the house & she said she wasn't walking it b/c she was hiding it from her mom ~ & she will quickly get tired of cleaning up accidents. And letting the dog chew on stuff she doesn't care about is ignorant. The dog has no idea what you do & don't care about! Duh. The girl lacks any & all common sense. She doesn't seem to learn from her mistakes, either. She just keeps that same attitude of thinking things will be easy just b/c she wants them to be, instead of looking at things logistically. She's learned nothing.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fogey

I'm watching the current episode (8/17) right now. I thought I saw a pacifier in Bentley's mouth last week, but this week there was a definite close-up of Bentley sucking away on a pacifier. Uh, wasn't taking his pacifier away a big issue last season? What's it doing back in his mouth now?

Also, what was with Ryan walking in the door from work the night Bentley was there and basically ignoring him to talk to his parents about making visitation issues etc. legal? I don't begrudge them having the conversation, but maybe he could have at least talked to Bentley a little bit first. I get that he didn't want to play with him immediately, because he had gotten really dirty at work and might have wanted to shower and change first, but he could have greeted him, showered and changed, played with his son, and talked to his parents about custody issues after Bentley was in bed. If he's that anxious to spend more time with Bentley, why isn't he focusing on him during the time he does have with him?
    Debb70 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Ryan is a self serving jerk, and I can see why with the pot stirring mother he has. He does not want more time with Bentley, he wants to stick it to Maci, and his mother is encouraging it. What great lessons for Bentley to teach him revenge and paybacks.

The way the three of them sat at Bentley's birthday worrying about their little feelings on his day was just luducrous. Maci was given no help in the beginning, she is a great mom, and she does not need to cater to this loser because he came around eventually. I think she seems more than fair, and I think he is a whiny brat brought on from a whiny mother.

I am so sick of Farrah period. She is not interesting as a person let alone a teen mom. I usually end up ff all her stuff. I caught her talking to Derek's father at the table in the latest eppy, and all I could say is wow did you forget that he lost his son. It is not all about you Farrah.

So odd that Tyler and Caitlynn did the responsible thing for Carly, and I think they just might have been the best set of combined parents any of the children could have. I sure hope these two make it, and realize their dreams for themselves and Carly and have children when they are better settled. I really am impressed with how they carry themselves. Yes lots of mistakes, but they truly seem decent.

Amber is a complete nut. She goes off on everyone for anything at completely random tims. Leah is going to become severely damaged if she continues to be around her.
    AmyKay and jenniferboston1 like this.

FORT Fogey

I will say this about Ryan, self-serving jerk that he is: he did at least try to get that pacifier out of Bentley's mouth in a reasonable way, by telling him that if he wanted to play with the train, then he needed to give him the pacifier. He didn't yell at him or just take it away--he tried to make it less desirable by making it something that kept him from something he wanted as opposed to being something he wanted. It didn't work, but apparently Maci has just given up on the issue altogether. I also thought Bentley was out of diapers before, but maybe I'm misremembering that. If I'm not, I'm starting to wonder if the tension between his parents is starting to make him regress out of anxiety.

I'm starting to have big doubts about Maci. She doesn't seem to care much about Kyle anymore, after he moved to be with her and does seem to be trying to make their relationship work. She also would rather be a stay at home mom than go to school and finish her degree--while I don't fault her, or anyone, for wanting to be a stay at home mom, for her it's not a feasible choice. She has bills to pay and will continue to have bills to pay once the MTV checks are gone and her fifteen minutes of fame have been passed on to someone else. If she can reasonably only take a few courses each semester and still be the kind of mom she wants to be, then she just needs to accept that it's going to take her longer to get a degree. And I really, really question why she would even be talking about having a child with Kyle in next week's episode, when she's so young, doesn't have a consistent source of income, hasn't finished her education, and already has a child who's still in diapers. Heck, Kyle doesn't have a job either--but at least he seemed startled by the suggestion that she wanted a second child, as did her mom.

Amber continues to be someone you just want to shake some sense into, as she does nothing but whine or yell. And what it with her crawling into bed fully dressed all the time? Uh, if you want Leah back so badly, and that's contingent on getting your house fixed up, how about you and your girlfriend talk about all your many and varied issues while actually working on the house? Amber doesn't have that much stuff. It shouldn't take her that long to move, and it would impress the court if she seemed really intent on getting that house into shape as quickly as possible. By the way, does it tick anyone else off that Amber has a decent-sized house in what appears to be a nice neighborhood, while she does absolutely nothing? She doesn't appear to be working anywhere (or at least we don't hear about it) nor is she in school. How's she going to pay rent on that house on a long term basis?

Farrah's head is also in the clouds if she thinks she can afford to move at this point. She has a separate residence she rents from her mom, who's likely not to turn her grandchild out into the cold if Farrah messes up and can't make rent. She didn't even kick them out when she got a dog and lied about it, and that would be reason enough for most landlords to hand a renter his/her walking papers. On top of all that, she's right there to babysit when Farrah needs her, and honestly, Debra really appears to be working hard on her relationship with Farrah, even though Farrah continues to bite her head off for no good reason on a regular basis. After all the idiotic moves we've seen Farrah make, Debra has every right to say she'd worry about Sophia if Farrah moved halfway across the country (last we knew, she wanted to move to California and open a restaurant--with Monopoly money, I guess), but I'm sure Farrah will explode with self-righteous indignation over that too. Farrah needs to update her excuses as well. She's not going to be able to play that "I'm still a teenager" card for that much longer.

Of all of them, Caitlyn and Tyler seem the most grown up. I hope Tyler does get his wish and Carly is there for his and Caitlyn's graduation, though I can understand why Carly's parents might not want to expose her to the emotional mess that could occur if April and Butch can't pull it together and think of their kids first on that day. In fact, mostly I'd like Carly there, because I know her parents would make a point of telling Caitlyn and Tyler are proud they are of them and what good decisions they've made for themselves and Carly. They need that kind of validation, even though they seem content with their decision and do validate it for each other, as they did in last night's episode. Oh, and though it has nothing to do with anything else, I also liked the top Caitlyn had on last night--it was a very pretty color on her and was an appropriate choice for her job.

I think counseling seems like a good choice for Tyler as a career goal too. He's been through a lot and has come through it a seemingly stronger, nicer person. I could see him working with teenagers and making them understand that he's been through what they've been through and come through it okay. I also like that he and Caitlyn seem genuinely appreciative of all the adults in their lives who have been helpful and supportive in ways April and Butch haven't been and let those adults know they're happy to have them in their lives. They'e not afraid to ask for help when they need it either, which is another thing Tyler could show by example to kids he counseled: if you need counseling, it's nothing to be ashamed of and in fact, if you need help and know it, it's a sign of maturity to recognize that you have things you need to work on and to go to those who can help you work out a plan on how to handle what's holding you back. I continue to love Tyler's mom too, and I'm glad Tyler thanked her for making sure he stayed in school. They're both lucky to have her in their lives.
    Debb70 likes this.

You make some good good points MHCarrolton. I think Ryan's mom is causing trouble where there is none, but I don't think it's a bad idea to get your custody terms and schedule in writing and signed by a judge so it's a court order. Seems Ryan forgot to tell his lawyer that he has a habit of calling his child's mom the "s" word on national tv.

I really like Caityln and Tyler, but I can't help but wonder why Caitlyn seemed so happy to get a 65 on an exam. I realized she only needed to pass to graduate, but still....a 65. Isn't that a D? I guess not everyone is aiming for A's. How does she think she will get into college?

It was sad that Sophia had to visit her daddy's grave, but it's the first time since Sophia was born that I have seen Farrah be so nice.

When last night's episode was filmed, I wonder if Amber's mom knew how Amber had physically attacked Gary. She seemed to be so arrogant about how Amber should be caring for Leah and not Gary's mom. Excuse me Ms. Amber's mom, but who else is going to do it? Would she prefer the child be placed in foster care. I think we can see that the apple didn't fall from the tree.

Did you catch Amber saying that they had nothing on her that would cause them taking her child from her? WHAT? I don't think she heard what the attorney told her when she and Gary went for a consult. He told her that worst case scenerio that she could have her child taken away permanently. I think she has a short memory. She thinks her assaults on Gary are no big deal. She doesn't get it.

I have always liked Maci, but this season she is really annoying me. She has her bills covered, child care for her son and no transportation issues, but yet she can't complete her school work? She's using some phony excuses IMO. Sixteen hours may be a little tough for a mom with a young child, but she should be able to handle 12 hours. I wonder if she has considered how she will support herself when she doesn't have the MTV income. I guess not.
    Last edited by Debb70; 08-17-2011 at 11:01 AM.

Farrah lives in FL now.

+ Reply to Thread