+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: Teen Mom 3

FORT Fan

Re: Teen Mom 3

I've thought and thought about what exactly bothered me about Amber's dinner with those guys. Now, most of my closest friends are guys and it's not at all unusual for me to be the only girl in a group of 6-7 men. I even remember one time when one of them brought his then-girlfriend along to lunch. Now none of us could stand her, but what was funny was that one of my friends goes "Oh man! This was only supposed to be a guys' day!" I laughed, and they pointed out that they really just did see me as one of the boys, and I was very firmly in the friend zone (which made my boyfriend of the time very happy when he heard about that day)

But what struck me about that dinner was how all of those guys seemed to be positively FAWNING over Amber. Now Amber is obviously better at making and keeping friends than, say, Farrah, but something about the influence she has over guys....I could make a guess as to the kind of influence she exerts over guys, but obviously I have no proof. But it just seems to me like she has guys always falling over themselves to do things for her and she always seems to keep a few on the back burner. I think she's just as horrible of a person as Farrah, but she also seems to be smarter and more manipulative, and that's what skeeved me out about that dinner. It's only when she gets around Gary that we see her go into complete destructive mode (and maybe she does around others and its just not on film) which reinforces that they really, really do not need to be together and should have minimal contact at best.

Farrah...I wonder if her having trouble with her final was a combination of her attitude and the instructors guessing (correctly) that someone else had a huge hand in it. I mean, this girl waits till the last second to do her schoolwork (and I won't be a hypocrite, I left a ton of papers till the night before when I was in college) and then pretty much just typed in what her mom told her to write. I mean, she thought 20% of a million dollars was $90,000. I always had pretty sharp teachers growing up, they could tell when someone had had a little too much help from a parent or tutor. I wouldn't be surprised if that final was a lot more polished than anything Farrah had turned in in the past and when they questioned her about it, she couldn't answer their questions and got 'bitchy'. Just my guess.

Maci and Ryan...really don't need to try the joint thing anymore. A young kid like Bentley would be THRILLED to get to celebrate each milestone twice, time enough when he gets older and maybe his parents get past their resentment to try the joint party. They're both just so hostile with each other. I was disappointed with Ryan for speaking so rudely to Maci while in front of his son, and I was especially disappointed with Maci for going ahead and taking Bentley on Ryan's day. Yes, Ryan should have made plans with Maci earlier if he wanted to see his son for a few hours on Bentley's actual birthday or sucked it up and gone to the aquarium, but Maci needs to learn that she can't always get her way. I feel bad because both families love and care for Bentley so well, but Ryan's parents are right-there needs to be an agreement signed off by a judge so no parent can do what Maci did in this episode. Even when the parents get along, it's a smart idea, just to be safe. You never know when things can change. But I think it was awful that Ryan's side of the family sulked through the whole party. Again....suck it up and put a smile on your face for Bentley.

I think Catelynn and Tyler will benefit from actually being in the workplace. I agree with whoever said that neither of them have really great examples to learn from, but they both seem to be smart enough to learn from their mistakes and examples around them. I think that they have the ability to change their behavior, dress, speech patterns, etc...which is more than you can say about some of these other girls.

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    Funny you say that, there was a segment on E last night that she has found a guy. I was doing other things while it was on but I think they said he lives in Texas and has already met the baby. She said "if he ends up working out he has to be good with her anyway, so why not introduce them early" or something like that.
    Oooh interesting! Thanks for the info. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Caitlyn doesn't have much of a role model, but sometimes you have to just look around and make those decisions for yourself. Some people are self starters and others aren't.

May I ask a question since we are on this topic. If you were around adults (over 18 years of age), that are family or friends, and they repeatedly used poor grammar, would you correct them or not? I think that they don't know any better, but it seems cruel for me to just ignore it. They will keep doing it and go other places and humiliate themselves even more. I don't want to be rude either. Should I just ignore it? Maybe other people don't think it's a big deal. ?????
    What a good question! It bothers me when anyone says "ain't"...among other "words", but how do you correct grown adults without making them feel badly? I don't know.

May I ask a question since we are on this topic. If you were around adults (over 18 years of age), that are family or friends, and they repeatedly used poor grammar, would you correct them or not? I think that they don't know any better, but it seems cruel for me to just ignore it. They will keep doing it and go other places and humiliate themselves even more. I don't want to be rude either. Should I just ignore it? Maybe other people don't think it's a big deal. ?????
    I was just thinking about this yesterday! I have a younger relative in her early 20s that has a particular habit of saying something that is grammatically incorrect and it drives my crazy!! However, I refrain from saying anything about it to her because (1) I believe she chooses to use this phrase/term (2) I'm not her mother and (3) I believe it would come off as condescending. She feels open enough to ask me for a definition if I use a word that she is not familiar with, so I believe I am helping expand her vocabulary and I don't want to shut down that communication! I think in the end it comes down to your relationship with the particular person.

ETA: I just need to add that my opinion is completely different when it comes to my children. My kids are 18 and younger at this point, but I always have and always will correct their grammar!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    I'm still confused as to what terrible thing Caitlynn has done that makes her an ignorant non-self starter? She referred, in a conversation at home, with Tyler, to the woman who interviewed her as "my girl"?
    I didn't see this episode, but from what I have read here it doesn't seem like a big deal if she said this in a conversation with Tyler. We were recently working on a kitchen remodel and for 2 months I referred to the guy we were working with as "my cabinet guy". This strikes me as the same kind of thing.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You and the guy were more equals (both adults)....well, actually, you were his employer which, I think, gives you a bit more of a leg up, or equal footing.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Caitlyn doesn't have much of a role model, but sometimes you have to just look around and make those decisions for yourself. Some people are self starters and others aren't.

My sister is 17 years older than me and grew up in Japan, her first language is Japanese and so was mine but I was educated in the United States. She, on the other hand was educated in Japan so she has not always used the best English (just like I don't use the best Japanese) but when I would try and correct her she would get really angry. I don't know if it was because she is my older sibling. I think if I were you, I would just continue to speak the way you do and hopefully, they will pick up on their own mistakes. BTW, she continually corrects my Japanese which I don't mind.

Speaking of tho, omg....I feel soooo bad for Caitlin! I am happy she has Tyler to support her. Her mother is a piece of work, she must be on drugs and that step father, who is really Tyler's real father....omg talk about a dysfunctional family. I really wish I could bring Caitlin into my home and adopt her, she seems to have her head screwed on right and I truly hope that Tyler and her make a good life for themselves.

I think that Sophia is the cutest child on TV!!! OMG, she is soooo dang cute!!! I want to squeeze her! LOL....but omg is Farrah a b*tch to her mom!!! All I can say is payback is a b*tch and she better watch out when Sophia is about 16!!! or even younger!
    And does Sophia look like Derek's dad or what??? too funny!
    Last edited by luvsginger; 08-06-2011 at 03:39 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't think that Catelynn is hopeless. She just needs guidance and needs to be "brought along".
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Caitlyn is definitely NOT hopeless, if anything she has more potential than any of the other "moms". I have to give her credit for keeping such a good head on her shoulders and just knowing right from wrong. She is my hero! No way would I think she is hopeless. I am rooting for her and Tyler!

&amp;quot;SPYING&amp;quot; ButterflyFaery's Avatar

all 4 of these children are adorable...I trully hope they don't grow up with some serious issues....I have quit watching this season...they girls from season 2 IMO are far more interesting....Farrah and Amber just get on my nerves and both of them NEED TO GROW UP....you play you pay and a child is a lifetime committment
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

I think Bentley, Carly, and even Sophia will be fine - Farrah's an annoying brat, but she's not actually a terrible mom.

Leah is the one I'm worried about. I hope that Gary can break away from Amber, for her sake.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread