+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 494
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: Teen Mom 3

  1. #91
    FORT Fogey luvsginger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    2,157

    Re: Teen Mom 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    OMG! There's one part in this latest episode that just blew me away. I literally laughed out loud. When Amber and Gary were dropping Leah off at the babysitter before going to the police station to meet with police and social services, Amber TEARFULLY says that she hates for Leah to see her so scared!!!!!!!!!! WHAT? Amber has repeatedly acted like a violent lunatic, attacking Gary and beating him, cursing, etc. in front of Leah, but she doesn't want Leah to see HER scared. I guess all that punching, kicking, cussing, and threatening is okay for Leah to see, but OHHHHH, it would be too sad for Leah to see her mommy scared of the police. It boggles the mind. It's official. I don't think there's anyone home in that head of hers.
    I think that Amber has serious anger management issues. She flies into a rage when she doesn't get her way and takes it out on those she allegedly "loves". What is gonna happen when Leah is a little older, is she gonna take her anger out on her in a violent way? She really needs help and I hope she gets it soon.

  2. #92
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,772

    Re: Teen Mom 3

    I saw a piece on E!'s Entertainment News about Amber's rehab. It's in Malibu, which already makes me suspicious--if she lives in Indiana, why the heck is she rehabbing in Malibu at what sounds like one of those celebrity rehab places (I can't remember the name of it, but they did mention it)? They're also intending to include her rehab on the show, though how wasn't exactly clear. Her brother was quoted as saying they included a phone call between himself and his sister on Teen Mom, but that could just mean a shot of him on the phone with Amber's voice on the phone.

    If she really needs rehab, I don't think it's going to be productive for her to have it televised.
    Debb70 and jenniferboston1 like this.

  3. #93
    FORT Fogey luvsginger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    2,157

    Re: Teen Mom 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I saw a piece on E!'s Entertainment News about Amber's rehab. It's in Malibu, which already makes me suspicious--if she lives in Indiana, why the heck is she rehabbing in Malibu at what sounds like one of those celebrity rehab places (I can't remember the name of it, but they did mention it)? They're also intending to include her rehab on the show, though how wasn't exactly clear. Her brother was quoted as saying they included a phone call between himself and his sister on Teen Mom, but that could just mean a shot of him on the phone with Amber's voice on the phone.

    If she really needs rehab, I don't think it's going to be productive for her to have it televised.
    Most likely she got her rehab for free like they do on the show Intervention...they always send them to these obscure out of the way places. I wish her all the best in her recovery for the sake of that precious little Leah.

  4. #94
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,772

    Re: Teen Mom 3

    I wouldn't describe Malibu as an obscure out of the way place. Don't they have a couple of places for celebrity rehab out there? Plus, I can't imagine why she wouldn't want to be closer to home, where perhaps her brother could eventually visit her as opposed to talking to her on the phone.

    I hope she gets better too, for her own sake as well as Leah's. I just don't think the way they're going about this rehab, particularly including it on the show, seems especially productive. Her problems are much more serious than Farrah's if she needs in-patient therapy, and it's not like including scenes from Catelynn's weekend retreat for mothers who've given their children up for adoption either. If she's truly unstable, she needs to be far away from the cameras for a while.
    Debb70 likes this.

  5. #95
    FORT Fanatic jenniferboston1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    656

    Re: Teen Mom 3

    Celebrity Rehab films in Pasadena.

  6. #96
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,772

    Re: Teen Mom 3

    I know Celebrity Rehab tapes in Pasadena. I meant celebrity rehab in the more generic sense, as in places where celebrities tend to go for their rehab. Isn't that Promises place in Malibu? If it's not that one, it's some other one that's in the news a lot, and I swear, though I can't remember its name, the one Amber's in sounded familiar, like it had been in the news because of someone else who'd been there.

  7. #97
    FORT Fanatic jenniferboston1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    656

    Re: Teen Mom 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I know Celebrity Rehab tapes in Pasadena. I meant celebrity rehab in the more generic sense, as in places where celebrities tend to go for their rehab. Isn't that Promises place in Malibu? If it's not that one, it's some other one that's in the news a lot, and I swear, though I can't remember its name, the one Amber's in sounded familiar, like it had been in the news because of someone else who'd been there.
    Yes, yes you're right! Promises IS in Malibu!

  8. #98
    FORT Fogey luvsginger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    2,157

    Re: Teen Mom 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I wouldn't describe Malibu as an obscure out of the way place. Don't they have a couple of places for celebrity rehab out there? .
    Sorry, didnt mean to imply that Malibu is an obscure out of the place..of course it is not. A poster up thread had asked why they send these people to places so far away from their homes. On the show Intervention, they send their patients to centers that are out of the way in comparison to their homes so that they have to catch a plane or two to reach their destination. Maybe because I live in a big city, I never realized that most of these small towns dont have the proper type of facility available nearby to treat the individual addictions that these cast members may suffer from.

    I hope Amber gets the help she needs but it seems she has some real deep rooted issues that need to be addressed and not necessarily about substance abuse. I only began watching this show recently so I am not familiar with her back story. Have they ever shown her parents and her home life prior to Teen Mom? I am sure that she was featured on 16 & Pregnant but I never saw her episode.

    Does anyone know what happened to Jayce's mom and grandma? (I forgot the mom's name) That little boy is the cutest! If the parents don't want these kids, there are plenty of others that would totally embrace adopting any one of these babies, toddlers, preschoolers.....

  9. #99
    FORT Fogey captain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Follow the Yellow Brick Road
    Posts
    4,399

    Re: Teen Mom 3

    Part of the reason to send people away from their home areas for rehab is to help break the connections with their behavior, people they associate with and begin anew.
    There's no place like home!

  10. #100
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,772

    Re: Teen Mom 3

    Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger View Post
    Sorry, didnt mean to imply that Malibu is an obscure out of the place..of course it is not. A poster up thread had asked why they send these people to places so far away from their homes. On the show Intervention, they send their patients to centers that are out of the way in comparison to their homes so that they have to catch a plane or two to reach their destination. Maybe because I live in a big city, I never realized that most of these small towns dont have the proper type of facility available nearby to treat the individual addictions that these cast members may suffer from.

    I hope Amber gets the help she needs but it seems she has some real deep rooted issues that need to be addressed and not necessarily about substance abuse. I only began watching this show recently so I am not familiar with her back story. Have they ever shown her parents and her home life prior to Teen Mom? I am sure that she was featured on 16 & Pregnant but I never saw her episode.

    Does anyone know what happened to Jayce's mom and grandma? (I forgot the mom's name) That little boy is the cutest! If the parents don't want these kids, there are plenty of others that would totally embrace adopting any one of these babies, toddlers, preschoolers.....
    I totally agree that the substance abuse is the tip of the iceberg with Amber, but that's true of a lot of people. Whatever the issues are that contribute to her inability to control herself or her negative impulses (the angry outbursts, any substance abuse etc.), if they're not addressed, the behavior isn't likely to change long term. Gary called the cops because Amber made a suicide attempt. If she's at that point, she really, really needs to get help with the issues in her life beyond her substance abuse too.

    Jenelle, Jayce's mom, was in rehab too, last I heard. She signed over custody of Jayce to his grandma on the show itself. I assume that he's still in his grandmother's care, since we haven't heard anything different so far.

    The only reason I was suspicious of Malibu, by the way, is because of places like Promises, which seem more like vacation resorts than rehab facilities. The success rate of people who've rehabbed there doesn't nearly match the price tag of going there. The Betty Ford Clinic has helped a lot more people, and it's not nearly so fancy--I remember when celebrities first started checking in there, they found out they were responsible for doing chores around the place too, including really non-glamorous things like cleaning their own toilets. The idea was, I think, that they needed to take charge of their lives in every respect, plus it kept them busy, which seemed to help with their recovery. I know an aunt of mine has a retired friend who'd always knitted, embroidered, quilted etc., and she decided to volunteer at a women's recovery center, because she thought it might help the women to have something to do that was productive instead of destructive. The women then had a craft fair and sold the stuff they produced, which was great, not only because it brought in some money the center badly needed but because the women got to hear all kinds of compliments on their work and got to talk to a lot of people who shared their new interests, people they might never have spoken to otherwise. As one woman put it, "It's the first time I've ever been praised for having a needle in my hand." Another woman said that when things get bad in the middle of the night, she now just turns on the light and reaches for her knitting instead of a drink--and even if she ends up knitting all night, at least she doesn't have a hangover the next day.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.