+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4/12: Teen Mom 2: Unseen Moments

Re: 4/12: Teen Mom 2: Unseen Moments

REf. the cat. Remember when Adam moved in with Chelsea? In one scene he picked up that cat and shook it. Chelsea didn't say one word.
    He thinks that's okay. Watch out for him.

REF health insurance. There is a new law that says that kids who do not have access to their own coverage through their employer, can stay on a parent's insurance until they are 26. I looked into it recently. I don't know if I still have the link. I think it's a federal law.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG View Post
    No, it's 26 now for dependents across the board. But when this was filmed, it's possible his plan had not instituted that change yet, assuming of course that he has insurance through his employer.
    I knew it was up there, just did not remember it being 26.
    There's no place like home!

its not too hard to get a child on medicaid in the state of GA and we also have peach care which the parents have to pay a small premimun...but if you are adult and need medicaid..you have to earn less that 400.00 a month to qualify....so for some moms that don't have a job and have children if the ex husband sends her more than 400 a month in child support she is SOL...and these people cannot get any health care at all with the exception of a gyn exam and a mammagram that is provided by the health dept on a yearly basis
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    its not too hard to get a child on medicaid in the state of GA and we also have peach care which the parents have to pay a small premimun...but if you are adult and need medicaid..you have to earn less that 400.00 a month to qualify....so for some moms that don't have a job and have children if the ex husband sends her more than 400 a month in child support she is SOL...and these people cannot get any health care at all with the exception of a gyn exam and a mammagram that is provided by the health dept on a yearly basis

Well, I'm sure Chelsea makes less than $400 a month, since she doesn't work at anything--not school, not a job--but she has an unlimited account at the Bank of Dad, so it's annoying that she should get help meant for people who don't have any other way to pay for health care. And if Bank of Dad wasn't there for her, she most certainly would have to work or go to school or so something to take care of herself and her child, as so many other people do. It's not that she can't find work or lost a job or was forced to drop out of school because she couldn't afford it. She simply does nothing. Yes, I realize she has a small child, who does, miraculously, seem reasonably well cared for, but how many people have to balance parenthood and a job/school and still take decent care of their kids? Chelsea is getting a free ride from her father. I don't like seeing her get Medicaid too, because that just reinforces the inaccurate idea that most people on Medicaid don't really need it. Chelsea is able-bodied, has a ton of outside support, and isn't doing a darn thing to work toward getting off of Medicaid. That's completely different from someone who has no other form of support or simply is unable to work towards getting health insurance of their own.

Glad I wasn't the only one who was on fire after learning Chelsea is on Medicaid.

Also, Keiffer & Janelle at the food bank annoyed me because they have money for weed & road trips (well, I guess the road trip doesn't count since it was funded by Barbara's stolen credit card) & other non-necessities, but not groceries. Another sterling example of how jacked up Janelle's priorities are.

There were 2 scenes that I thought were very telling as to Jenelle's need for attention & Barbara's willingness to keep giving Jenelle multiple chances...the first one was when Jenelle was talking to her friend about missing having a boyfriend because she misses holding hands & having someone to cuddle with, etc. It explains why she will stay with any loser that gives her an ounce of attention. I also thought the scene with Barbara at the beach with her boyfriend, talking about how she was a "party girl" too when she was younger might help explain why she keeps giving Jenelle 100 chances to change...also sheds some light as to why she gets so frustrated with her, because she knows change is possible, because she herself did it.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    Glad I wasn't the only one who was on fire after learning Chelsea is on Medicaid.

Also, Keiffer & Janelle at the food bank annoyed me because they have money for weed & road trips (well, I guess the road trip doesn't count since it was funded by Barbara's stolen credit card) & other non-necessities, but not groceries. Another sterling example of how jacked up Janelle's priorities are.

There were 2 scenes that I thought were very telling as to Jenelle's need for attention & Barbara's willingness to keep giving Jenelle multiple chances...the first one was when Jenelle was talking to her friend about missing having a boyfriend because she misses holding hands & having someone to cuddle with, etc. It explains why she will stay with any loser that gives her an ounce of attention. I also thought the scene with Barbara at the beach with her boyfriend, talking about how she was a "party girl" too when she was younger might help explain why she keeps giving Jenelle 100 chances to change...also sheds some light as to why she gets so frustrated with her, because she knows change is possible, because she herself did it.
    Typical of Chelsea to not seem the least bit embarrassed that she's on Medicaid either. Not that anyone who truly needs Medicaid should be at all embarrassed by being on it, but Chelsea has money for all kinds of expensive non-essentials, and yet she can't afford to pay for painkillers following dental surgery (and I wonder who paid for that too). I don't like her father enabling her, and I sure don't want the government enabling her either. I've never seen someone do so little and expect so much---and feel so put upon about everything.

Jenelle and Kieffer have no priorities beyond themselves. When Kieffer first appeared, he claimed he'd cooked in restaurants, and could get a job any time he wanted one. Well, I guess he must not want one, because we've yet to see him get one. Certainly has easy access to drugs, and according to Jenelle, his own money....hmmm....wonder if he's "cooking" something other than food. It irked me that they were so happy to get the food, not so much because they were truly hungry (or so it seemed) but because it was free and it was "name brand stuff." Heck, plenty of stuff in my cupboards is store brand, not name brand, and I have a job...and health insurance...and life insurance...and long term health care insurance...because I'm grown up enough to have some real priorities.

When Jenelle was talking to Amber about what she didn't want in a boyfriend--she didn't want a loser with no ambition--she might as well have been describing Kieffer. I also noticed Barbara saying Jenelle was a carbon copy of her at her age. I suspect that's partially why she gets so frustrated with her too. She may well know exactly where behaving like that takes you. In fact, she made a comment about Jenelle needing to hit rock bottom to change. Wonder if the same thing happened to Barbara.

FORT Fogey

Forgot one thing....I wonder if they didn't show Chelsea's dental surgery in the first place, because they were afraid of the reaction when viewers, who watched her be spoiled rotten the whole season long, would be furious to find out she was on Medicaid.

I'm also none to happy that my local humane society allowed those idiots Chelsea and Adam to take home a kitten. They certainly are a lot pickier about dog adoptions--you have to fill out form after form after form. And really, if Chelsea can't afford her own pain pills, how's she gonna pay a vet bill?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    I also noticed that. It probably has something to do with why Jenelle and Barbara's relationship is the way it is. Did anyone else notice that Barbara talked to her boyfriend Mike the exact same way she talks to Jenelle? I noticed she had that same tone she always uses with Jenelle when she yelled at Mike for leaving her cell phone in the bag which was getting wet from the ocean. I just thought it was interesting that she spoke to him the same way.

I too was mad as hell but not surprised that Chelsea is on Medicaid, I see these girls everyday where I work in the medical field.
    I was more upset that Jenelle and her loser boyfriend got the free food from the food pantry. They have money to buy drugs but no money to buy food? There is something very wrong with our system!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80 View Post
    I too was mad as hell but not surprised that Chelsea is on Medicaid, I see these girls everyday where I work in the medical field.
    I was more upset that Jenelle and her loser boyfriend got the free food from the food pantry. They have money to buy drugs but no money to buy food? There is something very wrong with our system!

The other thing that bugged me about the food pantry business was the woman who worked with them was so kind and accommodating about explaining how they could use the fresh produce best, and Jenelle basically just ignored her and told her no. I'm sorry, but if you're truly hungry and without food, you're not that picky. Plus, the woman was really trying to educate her about how to use fresh food that would be better nutritionally than the Hot Pockets Jenelle and Kieffer were so excited about. She seemed to care about what they ate, and what they knew about how to use the food, and all they cared about was that it was free.

Plus, I've always really liked spinach, and it annoyed me when Jenelle acted like it was poisonous.

Maybe Jenelle and Kieffer should have specified that they were only interested in what could feed a post-pot munchies binge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast