+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 4/5 Reunion show discussion

Re: 4/5 Reunion show discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    she tweeted an hour or so ago and said she and Adam had broken up again and this time she was breaking the cycle and was finsihed with him...yeaaaaaa I will believe it when I see it
    Multilple breakups and reconcillations are symptoms of an abusive relationship. It goes in cycles. That's one thing Dr. Drew did get right. Until she really gets some self confidence, I can't see her staying away from that guy.

It's sad if she had to give up her athletic activities, however, if she wanted to continue to participate in a ladies league sports team, I think her dad would support her with sitting, uniforms, fees, etc.

I learned something from a comment that Marie Osmond made about her deceased son on Oprah. She was recounting mistakes she made with her wonderful boy who took his own life. She said she always told him how proud she was of him, and she was, however, she said that what makes a kid happy and confident is if they are proud of THEMSELF. The child has to work and earn their accomplishments to make themself feel good.

I think Chelsea gets loads of praise, support, and approval from her parents, but she doesn't believe it, because she hasn't worked or earned anything on her own. She's a mom, but they support her. I hope she doesn't float through life the way she is now.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    It's sad if she had to give up her athletic activities, however, if she wanted to continue to participate in a ladies league sports team, I think her dad would support her with sitting, uniforms, fees, etc.
    Exactly. I'm almost sure her dad would do anything he could to help her if she said she wanted to participate in something like that. I think Aubree gave her an excuse to sit around and do nothing all day "because she's a mom".

Chelsea makes references on her Twitter that she's been working, not sure doing what though! You can follow her at @ChelseaHouska. Have a great night all!

That Adam has some nerve on him. What a turd that kid is! He had the guts to sit there with a straight face and try to justify his belief that Chelsea's father should buy him a truck. So Chelsea's dad spoils her and that somehow means that Adam can have a truck in his warped mind. He's lucky her dad is taking care of his kid. He needs about five minutes alone with a dad like mine. He'd be stepping up to the plate or stepping off, but he certainly would not for a minute believe that he'd be driving off in a new truck.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post
    That Adam has some nerve on him. What a turd that kid is! He had the guts to sit there with a straight face and try to justify his belief that Chelsea's father should buy him a truck. So Chelsea's dad spoils her and that somehow means that Adam can have a truck in his warped mind. He's lucky her dad is taking care of his kid. He needs about five minutes alone with a dad like mine. He'd be stepping up to the plate or stepping off, but he certainly would not for a minute believe that he'd be driving off in a new truck.

Yeah, it sounds like Adam and Chelsea were both raised in homes with parents who over indulged their kids, required little if nothing from the kids, including respect. How do you think Adam's parents feel about his behavior? They are probably so proud. Brrrrrrrrr.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yeah, it sounds like Adam and Chelsea were both raised in homes with parents who over indulged their kids, required little if nothing from the kids, including respect. How do you think Adam's parents feel about his behavior? They are probably so proud. Brrrrrrrrr.
    If my kid behaved like Adam towards his child and the mother of his child he sure as heck wouldn't be living in my home anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by princessleslie View Post
    If my kid behaved like Adam towards his child and the mother of his child he sure as heck wouldn't be living in my home anymore.
    There, I fixed your post
    _(Moo!)

I'm glad I came here to read the comments! After watching the reunion show, I was beginning to think that I was watching a different show from Dr. Drew...it dawned on me that he doesn't watch the show and just makes assumptions ..omg..does he realize he is messing with real lives? I admire Kaily, she has taken so much abuse from her baby daddy Joe... it is sooooo apparent that she is really trying to get her life back on track for the sake of her baby, and thank GOD that her mother finally came around! IMHO, Joe is a spoiled jerk that looks like the creature from the Black Lagoon. It was so obvious he was lying to make Kailyn look bad, he is so desperate to get her back and prove himself right that he is willing to stoop so low as to insult the mother of his son in front of millions of viewers, something that will be captured on film forever....What a JERK!!!! Waaaay to go....mr never will be father of the year! I feel bad for sweet Leah in regards to her daughter's health issues, but she has a really great support system in place and I have a feeling will do just fine. Janelle is another brat, I say get her together with Joe and let her live in his basement while Barbara takes care of that adorable boy Jace! Chelsea is another spoiled brat and such a loser, I mean she can't even speak clear english, she needs sub-titles so we can understand what she is saying and its not because of the strong accents like in Leah's case. andddddddddd.....WTF is up with her hair? Talk about "beauty school drop-out"...... I wish all the girls of Teen Mom 2 the best of luck .... I especially like Kailyn and have great faith that she will be just fine....you go girl!!!

FORT Fogey

Just a couple of observations: I live in the same town as Chelsea, and no, her awful hair is not typical of young women her age. Or any age, so far as I can tell. I'm around people in their late teens/early twenties constantly, and while there is some experimentation with hair color/style, as is typical of that age, I think I've seen one young woman with the two toned job Chelsea was sporting for the season, and even hers was much better colored and styled. There are also plenty of women's and co-ed softball teams in this city if Chelsea wanted to play again. She could join up through community ed/rec or through any number of church leagues, if her family is a member of a church. I live near a park with several sets of softball diamonds and a school with several more. Those diamonds are busy all summer long with teams of all ages. For that matter, they're always looking for women to coach girls' teams, though I'm not sure I'd want anyone as spoiled and stupid as Chelsea appears to be being a role model for girls.

Of the four young women, I think Kailyn and Leah have the best chances of making it and raising their children well. Kailyn has less support, but she's clearly trying and recognizes the mistakes she has made. Jordan also seems to be a decent guy to have in her life and around Isaac. Her biggest hurdle is Jon and his family and their attitudes toward her, and I agree with those of you who think Dr. Drew was a bit unfair to Kailyn. Leah is very lucky that she has a ton of support in helping her deal with Allie's problems and that Corey, for all his lack of sophistication, looks at her as if she is a very important, very loved person and looks at his daughters the same way. I think it's also significant that they're working on their own relationship, not just as parents but as spouses, and understand that that is necessary and have the support of their families in doing so.

Jenelle...well, I think Dr. Drew was trying very hard to make her seem more sympathetic and succeeded to some degree with the studio audience. People were obviously shocked when Barbara said that Jenelle wasn't lovable. To be honest, if I were asked if Jenelle were lovable, I'd say no too, simply because it's definitely not the first adjective I think anyone would think of when describing Jenelle. If Dr. Drew had asked if Jenelle deserved love, the answer might have been different. Being deserving of love is quite different than being intrinsically lovable by nature. Barbara was right in saying that it's hard to see Jenelle as lovable, because she doesn't come off as kind or as interested in others (or much of anything else, for that matter), beyond perhaps her loser boyfriend. I don't think Barbara comes off as particularly lovable either, but that wasn't the question that was asked. I do think Barbara's at the end of her rope with Jenelle, but, sadly, I don't think Jenelle has hit rock bottom yet. Certainly I don't see any evidence in the way that she behaves to suggest that she thinks she has. For all her supposed smarts, Jenelle seems purposefully determined to make her life a complete train wreck, and I just hope someone can keep Jace off the tracks.

I feel better after reading these comments, I was annoyed after watching the show. Dr. Drew's assessment of Joe as a rejected hurt man in love was absolutely ridiculous- did he not watch the same show we did? Joe treated Kailyn like crap. I just hate when Dr. Drew enables bad behavior with misguided sympathy- that helps no one and just reinforces Joe's narcissistic view of the world. Dr. Drew should have been praising the hell out of Kailyn, he totally blew it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast