+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 4/5 Reunion show discussion

Re: 4/5 Reunion show discussion

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007 View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I felt that he did so well dealing with Leah and Chelsea and then things just went downhill with Kailyn. I think its a great accomplishment for all the things that Kailyn has done and that she is trying to make a life for herself. I feel that Joe is coddled by his mother and that he is a product of his environment.

Jenelle and her mom are such a mess and I don't doubt that things will continue with the two of them for some time.

I am extremely happy that there was no mention of Chelsea's friend Megan being pregnant.
    well after seeing what we will see next week..the outtakes and Joe cheated on her while she was pregnant and we see HIS DAD just shrugging his shoulders about it...ohhhhhhhh IC..so its okay for Joe to screw someone else but its not okay for Kailyn to go on a date to the park...disgusting

it also made me sick when Dr. Drew kept saying every 2 seconds to Kailyn how much Joe loved her..I was like WHAT??????? are you crazy...the only thing Joe was mad about was that Kailyn took control back over her life and he no longer had that control over her..I am sorry..but I don't think Joe loved Kailyn I think he liked having her under his thumb and controlling her
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 04-06-2011 at 01:23 AM.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

well now that I am catching up on the first part of the show..I have to say that I am very impressed with both Leah and Corey..I truly hope they make it and as long as they time for each other they will have a good chance IMO

FORT Fogey

I think Dr. Drew is way way too into getting the mothers and fathers of the babies together no matter the cost. Obviously in a perfect world people would marry and be happy and than have a child. These folks already have made mistakes, and there is no need for them to be together. A child that has never had the mother and father together will not miss it if it is never there if they both are in their lives.

I think Dr. Drew comes off horribly with all the cases every time, and I have no idea how this man got chosen to be the one on television. He should have told Chelsea that she is in the middle because she chooses to be. Her father and that loser Adam do not put her in the middle, she has chosen to be spoiled and entitled and needing her father, and she has chosen a pathetic loser of a boyfriend. Of course they are not going to like each other. Dr. Drew also should have told Adam that his swearing and anger need to stop, and told him to grow up a litle and show some respect.

Jenelle is a complete and utter mess, and obviously her mother is part of the problem if her other siblings feel the same way. Jace needs rescuing, and he is going to turn out the same way if they do not get him out of there. Perhaps her older sister or someone out of the family should have taken custody. I am sick of her attitude, and I would love her to quit being on television and grow up.

Kailynn should have been praised so much more than she did. Good grief she has to hug Joe's mother too. She is raising Isaac well, she is in school, she has a job, and obviously the man she has chosen cares for her, respects her space and her relationship with her son, and Dr. Drew needed to show her some respect. Joe is abusive loser, and I guess him appearing on the show was some gift or something to us, and he needed to be coddled. Let's be honest if Isaac never happened, Kailynn would not have been living there if she was not with Joe, so get off that she owes them anything and let it be that they did it for Isaac not Kailynn. She owes them nothing more than a thank you and a move on.

Leah and Corey seem like nice people, but they are sort of sketchy about their relationship. I hope that they are good and solid and all is well, but I just fear we are not getting the whole story, and they seem nervous all the time.

well I went over to MTV and re watched some of their 16 and pregnant episodes and boy oh boy..I liked Jo's mother sooooooooo much more in that show...

and you are right Kailyn deserves 100% more praise than she is getting, according to her twitter she holds down 2 jobs goes to school and lives in her own place...that is a big responbility to take on and I know 30 to 40 years old women who still have a hard time doing the same thing and its a big stress to them and they are much older..I can't even fathom doing it at that age

FORT Fanatic

I agree with everything you said MHcarrollton! I cannot stand Dr Drew but don't know if it's him or the format of the show but the reunions always come off as awkward and uncomfortable to watch. Plus he always seems to grill the teen moms and hold their feet to the fire but let the guys off the hook. Besides Corey did he ask the dads if they were practicing safe sex?

As for the moms - I don't know who needs a slap upside the head more, Chelsea, her dad or Adam. Chelsea for being a whiny spoiled brat, her dad for being a floor mat for her to wipe her feet on, or Adam for being himself. I'm also surprised that Dr Drew didn't at least call Adam on his language towards Chelsea's dad. Yeesh, that boy is incredibly disrespectful. But then so is Chelsea. I wish her dad would grow a spine and help Chelsea grow up by showing some tough love. It is possible to be supportive without enabling.

I gagged throughout the entire Kailyn interview. Seriously Dr Drew? Joe LOVES her? Is that really love? Is that the same advice you would give to Rihanna? That she was loved so much her bf wanted the world to know? I could not believe that he would take Kailyn to task for not "understanding" the depth of Joe's love, but not go at Joe for the way he chose to express it time after time after time. That's not love. That's abuse. I applaud Kailyn for getting herself and her son out of that situation.

As ticked as I was with Adam & Joe, Barbara took the cake. She is a truly horrible woman and it speaks volumes if none of her children want anything to do with her. It's her behavior that makes me really sympathetic towards Jenelle even when she's making incredibly idiotic decisions. There was one clip they showed where Barbara literally dangled Jace in front of her like a toy and threatened "no more baby" if Jenelle didn't jump at her command. What mother does that? If she was truly done with Jenelle like she said she'd get full custody and kick Jenelle out. What I think she wants is total control and she knows by having Jace she can still manipulate Jenelle. Plus she gets off on superiority. Look at all the woe-is-me comments throughout the reunion & the series. How she's sacrificing all this for Jace, how horrible Jenelle is, etc. It stuns me how she can so easily run her daughter down in front of an audience. She was chomping at the bit and that was after Jenelle spent quite a bit of time complimenting her and expressing how appreciative she was of her help.

FORT Fogey

I am halfway through it now. This is so boring. They need to get a qualified professional to host or a real host. Dr. Drew is not a good choice.

I re watched Leah and Corey's 16 and pregnant show...boy what a change...if you go back and look at it and look at Leah now she has really grown up

Not crazy about Dr. Drew being the host of these reunion shows with the teen mom's. Does he even watch the episodes? If he did he wouldn't have been asking Kailyn if she had anything to say sorry for. Joe was the one who was abusive and she was right to get out of there for herself and her baby.
    I'm glad she's going well too.
    Jenelle-no change and no change from her mother either. I expectd that.
    Chelsea-awful hair and not much change. I was not surprised she is back with Adam. She seems very immature, insecure and needy. She doesn't appear to be very smart either.
    Leah-so happy for her and Cory. I was surprised they still don't have a diagnosis for their baby though.
    I don't think I will be watching anymore of these teen mom shows. They are fustrating and sad to watch.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by helpmeturnitoff View Post
    I agree with everything you said MHcarrollton! I cannot stand Dr Drew but don't know if it's him or the format of the show but the reunions always come off as awkward and uncomfortable to watch. Plus he always seems to grill the teen moms and hold their feet to the fire but let the guys off the hook. Besides Corey did he ask the dads if they were practicing safe sex?

As for the moms - I don't know who needs a slap upside the head more, Chelsea, her dad or Adam. Chelsea for being a whiny spoiled brat, her dad for being a floor mat for her to wipe her feet on, or Adam for being himself. I'm also surprised that Dr Drew didn't at least call Adam on his language towards Chelsea's dad. Yeesh, that boy is incredibly disrespectful. But then so is Chelsea. I wish her dad would grow a spine and help Chelsea grow up by showing some tough love. It is possible to be supportive without enabling.

I gagged throughout the entire Kailyn interview. Seriously Dr Drew? Joe LOVES her? Is that really love? Is that the same advice you would give to Rihanna? That she was loved so much her bf wanted the world to know? I could not believe that he would take Kailyn to task for not "understanding" the depth of Joe's love, but not go at Joe for the way he chose to express it time after time after time. That's not love. That's abuse. I applaud Kailyn for getting herself and her son out of that situation.

As ticked as I was with Adam & Joe, Barbara took the cake. She is a truly horrible woman and it speaks volumes if none of her children want anything to do with her. It's her behavior that makes me really sympathetic towards Jenelle even when she's making incredibly idiotic decisions. There was one clip they showed where Barbara literally dangled Jace in front of her like a toy and threatened "no more baby" if Jenelle didn't jump at her command. What mother does that? If she was truly done with Jenelle like she said she'd get full custody and kick Jenelle out. What I think she wants is total control and she knows by having Jace she can still manipulate Jenelle. Plus she gets off on superiority. Look at all the woe-is-me comments throughout the reunion & the series. How she's sacrificing all this for Jace, how horrible Jenelle is, etc. It stuns me how she can so easily run her daughter down in front of an audience. She was chomping at the bit and that was after Jenelle spent quite a bit of time complimenting her and expressing how appreciative she was of her help.
    I totally agree with everything you said except for the part about Barbara. I don't blame barbara one bit for saying some of the things she says about Jenelle. She's a, lets guess around 55, year old woman who is clearly still having to work her butt off every day to pay the bills and has had a new baby dumped on her. Yes, it was her choice to take custody of the baby but what was she going to do? Jace would have been sleeping in the car with jenelle if it wasn't for Barbara. She has let Jenelle come home and live with her after Jenelle has been arrested, abusive, dating a criminal, and stolen her credit cards and Jenelle still doesn't show by actions that she is respectful or grateful after all that. Barbara needs to kick Jenelle out permanately, but I can see how it would be hard to watch your child sleep in a car and not let them come home. It's a mommy thing, she still wants to help Jenelle because she's her daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I am really dissappointed with Dr. Drew tonight...I feel like he did nothing but make excuses for Joe's abusive behavior and it was like he was telling Kailyn..you have to eat that crap with a knife and fork and keep a smile on your face and just let him abuse you because they gave you a place to live and I sent him a twitter telling him that it was said that he couldn't recognize an abusive man when he saw it right in front of his eyes

Yeah, I agree. Dr. Drew kept saying that Joe was hurt and that while the hurt does not excuse his behavior, it does explain it. I think Dr. Drew missed it. Joe is messed up and it has nothing to do with Kaitlyn. He's got some kind of BIG problem with drugs or mental health issues. (Was this filmed before he got arrested for dope?) Dr. Drew dropped the ball on this one.

I think that instead of giving Joe's mom a hug, she should have told DR. Drew that instead of a hug, mom could get Joe into a mental health evaluation ASAP. I'm not kidding.

Granted Kaitlyn is a person who resigns herself to arguing. she sees it as a normal response to discord. If he barks, she barks, She has no coping skills except to argue. She has the same philosophy about Jordan. She said they met, they became attracted, therefore, that's it. What can you do? It just had to happen then, I mean what could you do? Well, you could have not given in to your feelings, put them on hold until you could move out of the house. There are options. She just loves reacting and then pleading that that's just how it is. That frustrates me. Still Joe is much worse. He would scare me. Dr. Drew should have used it to applaud Kaitlyn for getting away from Joe because many guys who teat women like that are building up to physical violence. You can't be too careful.
    Last edited by Debb70; 04-06-2011 at 03:19 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast