+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: 3/22 show discussion **SPOILERS**

FORT Regular

Re: 3/22 show discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I think that Jace's life was put in danger the minute he was born. He is at great risk of being abused or neglected because his mother is an admitted drug user and partier who considers having fun with drugs and her friiends more important than taking care of her child.

When a parent has so little judgment that they think it okay to steal, lie, fight and break into houses, then they are demonstrating how dangerous they are for the child.

Fighting, even if Jace is not in the immediate area, is still dangerous for Jace because he grows up in the culture of violence. Lots of times adults go seeking to get revenge on rivals only to accidentally kill the child who just happend to be standing nearby. So yes, Jenelle's fight has many factors that constitute a danger to Jace.
    I think most of us would agree that Jace is in some mental danger and probably emotional danger because of the way his mother has acted and treated him since he was born. However, what people were asking was whether MTV had a responsibility to step in and protect Jace after this fight occurred. My answer was no because his physical being was not in jeopardy while Janelle was fighting. Jace was with his grandmother, who has custody of him and provides for him and takes care of him and was nowhere near this fight. Therefore, he was not in physical jeopardy and MTV did not have to do anything for him.

I wasn't addressing MTV's responsiblity. I don't know they have any at this point. I think they have very low standards of what they think constitutes entertainment and I fail to see that they have any real concern about the welfare of their reality stars or the kids involved.

Quote Originally Posted by princessleslie View Post
    I think most of us would agree that Jace is in some mental danger and probably emotional danger because of the way his mother has acted and treated him since he was born. However, what people were asking was whether MTV had a responsibility to step in and protect Jace after this fight occurred. My answer was no because his physical being was not in jeopardy while Janelle was fighting. Jace was with his grandmother, who has custody of him and provides for him and takes care of him and was nowhere near this fight. Therefore, he was not in physical jeopardy and MTV did not have to do anything for him.
    I was the one that brought up the responsbility of MTV...I said and I stand by that they should have intervened in most of those fights Jeanelle and her mother would have with Jace right there...Its the hardest to prove I know..but IMO that can and probably has caused him some emotional damage...most likely the effects we wont see for years but they will show up sooner or later..sorry I think that is part of Jeanelle's problem and Barbara created that one..but that said Jeanelle is now legally an adult and is responsible for her own actions and if she really wanted to she could break the cycle of all this yelling and screaming and fighting while holding her child...but I don't think she gives a crap...at this point I think its better for her to just stay away and for Barbara to get full custody of him
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Regular

Sorry you guys. There were so many posts in the thread this week I was getting confused. I think it probably would have been better for MTV to intervene and get Jace out of the situation, but the sad true thing is that MTV runs off this kind of drama. If they were to intervene they're afraid it would lower their ratings. And honestly, most people watch these shows for the drama. MTV should put Jace before drama, although they dont.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    well when they get sued for every dime they have from someone who has been hurt by what they let go on for the camera's and they don't intervene..one day someone who hasn't signed a contract with them is gonna get hurt and go after them
    And NOTHING, I repeat, NOTHING is gonna happen UNTIL someone either gets hurt or killed. Til then, it's (risky) business as usual. . .
    Last edited by The Mod Team; 03-29-2011 at 09:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567