+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 3/22 show discussion **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/22 show discussion **SPOILERS**

Chelsea: I couldn't believe she sat there, having yet another free lunch with Daddy and stuffing French fries down her lazy throat while whining that she couldn't focus on studying for her GED because Aubrey was just soooooo distracting because she's soooooo cute. Good grief! Her mother was willing to watch Aubrey so she could have lunch with her father. I'm pretty sure she'd be willing to babysit her so she could study. Clearly someone was babysitting her when she had time for yet another pedicure (how often does this girl need to have her nails done?). But, no, she just can't find baby-free time to study, because, as she pointed out, she hates school. Well, what makes her think she's going to like "hair school" any better? It's still going to involve work. And the one time she bothers to study, it's at a not inexpensive coffee shop (I know the place) and she's got Aubrey with her. Yeah, like that's going to work. Adam continues to be a mega-jerk, but Chelsea is the focus of the series, and she's a spoiled brat who gets everything she wants whenever she wants it. Daddy better be prepared to support her and Aubrey for the rest of their lives if he doesn't take a stand ASAP and tell her the Bank of Dad has closed out her account.

Kailyn: She's made mistakes, but she shows signs of growth, despite the fact that Jo treats her as badly as possible. Her mother also seems to be stepping up to the plate, which is a huge help to her. I felt bad that she had to drop an important class, but she's probably right--it would be better to drop it now, before it affects her GPA, and she can always take it another semester when her life isn't quite so chaotic. I'm sure it's a disappointment, but it's merely a setback. It's not the end of any hope of getting the degree she wants, and that's how she should look at it. She's also very wise to get a legal custody agreement, before Jo gets any angrier and controlling. In addition, I noticed she said that between work, school, and her son, she really hadn't had time to see Jordan. Again, I'm sure that's disappointing for her too, but she knows what she has to have as priorities and she's taking care of them, unlike....

Jenelle: Did she do even one thing that made sense this episode, one thing that wasn't utterly self-absorbed and, well, stupid? I refuse to believe she's bright anymore, and I don't care how hard they try to sell that. She actually expected that she could dictate to Barbara how she would be paying back the money she stole from her? She was planning on paying her back in increments? Really? Was she planning on paying off the interest that accrued in the meantime too? There's really no way she can claim that the entire $700 wasn't charged by her either, because it would be a simple matter to find out where the charges were made, and her mother was nowhere near New Jersey, so they would have to be Jenelle's fault. I agree that that many cash advances indicate that she and Kieffer were likely buying something that they couldn't charge, like drugs, because we saw her charge the cash and food on the road on the way to New Jersey. If so, she may have been driving all that way home under the influence too. Too bad they weren't stopped along the way, so they could have added up the charges on her. After she couldn't get her way about the payments, she then proceeded to whine to her friend Amber that everything was her bad Mommy's fault, even going so far as to say that she "took her home away from her." Uh, no, Jenelle, your behavior accomplished that, and you are over eighteen now, so your mother is no longer legally liable for your care. She also blamed Barbara "taking" her home away from her for making it impossible for her to do her schoolwork, because she didn't have the internet. Right. And there's nowhere else in the whole city with free internet access, including your own college campus. Have you heard of a library, Jenelle? Heck, most college buildings are now wireless. If you paid attention in class, perhaps you'd know that. Loved her boss telling her off and firing her too, especially since her big excuse for not calling him earlier was that she didn't want to do that. Ack! I notice she got her financial aid situation worked out, though--apparently when it comes to money that she doesn't have to work for, she manages to pull herself together, though I hope she understands that if it's a loan, she is expected to pay it back, since she seems utterly incapable of dealing with the basics of life most twelve year olds would understand. Oh, yeah, and she also screamed at her mother that she took custody of Jace away from her. No, Jenelle, you voluntarily signed over temporary custody of him to her, because you didn't want to go to court, perhaps because you knew you might lose permanent custody of him (your claim that you couldn't afford a lawyer doesn't wash, because you didn't even look at your options for free or low cost legal assistance). I don't care for Barbara either, but I guess if those were Jace's only two options, Barbara's the better one, because at least she can keep a roof over his head. On one thing, at least, I agree with Barbara--if Jenelle had custody of Jace, he probably would have been on that trip to New Jersey. When Jenelle screamed back at her mother, "Do you really think I'm that irresponsible?", I thought, "Yes, Jenelle, she does--because you've given her every reason to believe that you are."

Leah: My heart broke when she said that if Allie were fifty years old and still needed her diapers changed, she would do it, because she's her mother. Whatever other issues Leah and Corey may have, they really do love their little girls, and while Corey may be far from sophisticated, I believe he loves Leah too. He seems to be a basically decent guy and surprisingly soft-hearted for a guy whose favorite color appears to be camo. It's nice to see how well they're maneuvering through the medical system too, though it probably helps that not only are their parents supportive but that Leah's mom is a nurse. But Leah, honey, if you're getting married in Skunk Creek Park and your wedding colors are camo....you can say you're getting married all you want, but girl, you're a'gittin' hitched. Makes me wonder if she was looking at floral arrangements that were orange to go with the camo.

I guess no one bothered to tell Jeanelle that if she had gone to court and her mom showed up with a lawyer and she didnt' have one..the judge would have appointed her one in most states...but she would have to pay it in installments based on her income....now before everyone goes crazy with that statement.. it works that way in GA and AL I know been there done that with my ex husband in both states...couldn't even move 30 minutes up the road to Auburn without his interference so he could play daddy for another woman...I look at Adam and thats who I see...he acts just like my ex husband the only difference is my ex also had Joe's temper....I would tell the new girl to run for the hills as fast as you can..I don't know if you really like him or you just want to be on tv..but do something about that hair and run run run

I know in GA and AL if both parties show up without lawyers then the judge will not appoint one but if one party shows up with one and the other does not and if the party that does not have a lawyer asked the judge for one they have to appoint one
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 03-23-2011 at 01:46 PM.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I guess no one bothered to tell Jeanelle that if she had gone to court and her mom showed up with a lawyer and she didnt' have one..the judge would have appointed her one in most states...but she would have to pay it in installments based on her income....now before everyone goes crazy with that statement.. it works that way in GA and AL I know been there done that with my ex husband in both states...couldn't even move 30 minutes up the road to Auburn without his interference so he could play daddy for another woman...I look at Adam and thats who I see...he acts just like my ex husband the only difference is my ex also had Joe's temper....I would tell the new girl to run for the hills as fast as you can..I don't know if you really like him or you just want to be on tv..but do something about that hair and run run run

I know in GA and AL if both parties show up without lawyers then the judge will not appoint one but if one party shows up with one and the other does not and if the party that does not have a lawyer asked the judge for one they have to appoint one

I distinctly remember Jenelle, Kieffer and company claiming there was no point in going with a public defender, because that wouldn't do any good. They felt that any lawyer you didn't pay for wouldn't do his/her job. So they didn't even bother to try--she just signed over custody, which, at the time, she said was the best thing she could do for Jace. Now, of course, because it suits her to blame her mother for taking Jace away from her, she does. Fact of the matter is, she made the decision to give her mother temporary custody on her own. Her mother pushed the issue by threatening to sue for custody, but Jenelle didn't even try to fight to retain custody, perhaps because she knew she might lose Jace for good, particularly when she virtuously told the lawyer she did talk to that she didn't smoke pot in front of Jace. Um, it's still illegal to smoke it, period, and that's not going to help make you look like a more fit parent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I distinctly remember Jenelle, Kieffer and company claiming there was no point in going with a public defender, because that wouldn't do any good. They felt that any lawyer you didn't pay for wouldn't do his/her job. So they didn't even bother to try--she just signed over custody, which, at the time, she said was the best thing she could do for Jace. Now, of course, because it suits her to blame her mother for taking Jace away from her, she does. Fact of the matter is, she made the decision to give her mother temporary custody on her own. Her mother pushed the issue by threatening to sue for custody, but Jenelle didn't even try to fight to retain custody, perhaps because she knew she might lose Jace for good, particularly when she virtuously told the lawyer she did talk to that she didn't smoke pot in front of Jace. Um, it's still illegal to smoke it, period, and that's not going to help make you look like a more fit parent.
    well since the previews for the finale next week show her calling her mom and telling her she's in jail..I would say that would have been it as far as custody goes since she is arrested for drugs

Just a point about Jenelle and a lawyer. In NC they do not provide lawyers in civil cases, only criminal. There is one exception. If there is already a court order and you are accused of violating the order, then the judge will appoint you an attorney even in a civil case, because there is a chance that you will be held in contempt and held in jail. However, there was no order or contempt allegations in Jenelle's case, so they would not have appointed her an attorney. Also, she could have tried to get help from Legal Aid, however, it's difficult to do and usually takes a long time to get a response from them. She could have represented herself, but that is risky. Under the circumstances, things would have probably ended up the way it is anyway if the judge has listened to all parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Just a point about Jenelle and a lawyer. In NC they do not provide lawyers in civil cases, only criminal. There is one exception. If there is already a court order and you are accused of violating the order, then the judge will appoint you an attorney even in a civil case, because there is a chance that you will be held in contempt and held in jail. However, there was no order or contempt allegations in Jenelle's case, so they would not have appointed her an attorney. Also, she could have tried to get help from Legal Aid, however, it's difficult to do and usually takes a long time to get a response from them. She could have represented herself, but that is risky. Under the circumstances, things would have probably ended up the way it is anyway if the judge has listened to all parties.
    Thanks for the info..I know in GA and AL legal aid no longer gets involved with divorces or child custody cases

Thanks for the info..I know in GA and AL legal aid no longer gets involved with divorces or child custody cases
    Yes, that's what legal aid says on their materials, however, I have been in court before (as an attorney) and observed people there on domestic matters with a legal aid attorney. I find it confusing, but I guess they do make some exceptions.

What Keiffer said about the public defender be worthless is not really true. Most of those attorneys are very good at what they do because they do it all the time. They know the prosecutors who will negotiate and deal and the judges who will be the most open to their case. I know that they can do just as good of a job as a privately retained attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yes, that's what legal aid says on their materials, however, I have been in court before (as an attorney) and observed people there on domestic matters with a legal aid attorney. I find it confusing, but I guess they do make some exceptions.

What Keiffer said about the public defender be worthless is not really true. Most of those attorneys are very good at what they do because they do it all the time. They know the prosecutors who will negotiate and deal and the judges who will be the most open to their case. I know that they can do just as good of a job as a privately retained attorney.
    well I know you are right cause here in parts of the south...that good ole boy network is always at work and exceptions always get made..

I also agree with what you said about the public defenders..guess it just depends on who you get...but a lot of them are fresh from law school and are crackerjacks still full of ideals and ready to make a difference...

well I know you are right cause here in parts of the south...that good ole boy network is always at work and exceptions always get made..

I also agree with what you said about the public defenders..guess it just depends on who you get...but a lot of them are fresh from law school and are crackerjacks still full of ideals and ready to make a difference...

You might be right about that. LOL Oh, I'm not a public defender either. Most of the ones in Wake County were very experienced private, criminal defense attorneys who were ready for a state job. They went with the public defender because you get state benefits and don't have to pay for and maintain your own practice. That is quite expensive and a full time job. And they have their evenings and weekends off. Most of them had not had that in a long time. LOL

FORT Fogey

I get so angry at MTV for parading and rewarding Chelsea a spot on this show. This girl is the wrong girl to be showing on this show. She actually could encourage girls to be lazy and disrespctful and spoiled. Her father needs to put his foot down, but I suspect she is just waiting to get paid for her appearances on the show. Kailynn is the only one that I would like to see profit from this show because she is doing a good job despite her situation.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast