+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Rumor Mill *possible spoilers*

FORT Regular

Re: Rumor Mill *possible spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    Honestly, the Corey and Leah drama is fishy to me. Someone hacked into his account? Does he think he's that important that someone would actually do that? I don't! I wonder if they didn't just reconcile and Corey thinks that is the best way of covering things up. Is he dumb enough to think that everyone else will think "someone hacked my account" makes sense. Why would anyone do that?

Jenelle doesn't sound smart to me at all. I don't get it. When was she an honor student? Fourth grade? My younger sister started skipping class and not doing her school work when she was in 10th grade. All of her friends were slackers as well. My mom ended up taking her out of school and she finished off her education through community college classes and by "reading" textbooks that she never actually read. To this very day, my mother tells people that my sister was so intelligent that she was just bored in class. I think it is very common to overstate your family member's abilities. It is just really hard to believe that Jenelle was smart. I remember someone at the college mentioned she had good grades as well. Maybe we just have really low standards these days.
    People's accounts get hacked a lot actually. I know numerous people's facebook accounts who have been hacked in addition to twitter.

It is VERY possible that Jenelle is book smart. Lots of people are book smart and just have less common sense than the rest of us. I'm not saying this is an excuse for her behavior, but it is definitely still possible.

FORT Fan

Jenelle doesn't sound smart to me at all. I don't get it. When was she an honor student? Fourth grade? My younger sister started skipping class and not doing her school work when she was in 10th grade. All of her friends were slackers as well. My mom ended up taking her out of school and she finished off her education through community college classes and by "reading" textbooks that she never actually read. To this very day, my mother tells people that my sister was so intelligent that she was just bored in class. I think it is very common to overstate your family member's abilities. It is just really hard to believe that Jenelle was smart. I remember someone at the college mentioned she had good grades as well. Maybe we just have really low standards these days.
    Agree. Plus, it also matters what kind of classes she was taking. For instance, getting A's in CP2 classes is VERY different from getting A's in AP classes. I remember getting upset back in high school because the teachers voting for National Honors Society would often vote in CP2 students with A's over AP kids making B's.

And no offense to anyone who went to community college, but the standards to get in one of those are a good bit lower than those of even a state university.

Until I see Jenelle doing ANYTHING intelligent (maybe pick up a book....ever) I'm not gonna believe she is any kind of smart.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev View Post
    Agree. Plus, it also matters what kind of classes she was taking. For instance, getting A's in CP2 classes is VERY different from getting A's in AP classes. I remember getting upset back in high school because the teachers voting for National Honors Society would often vote in CP2 students with A's over AP kids making B's.

And no offense to anyone who went to community college, but the standards to get in one of those are a good bit lower than those of even a state university.

Until I see Jenelle doing ANYTHING intelligent (maybe pick up a book....ever) I'm not gonna believe she is any kind of smart.
    I've been saying the same thing all along. We don't know what Jenelle's high school GPA was, we don't know what classes she took in high school, and we don't know what the average ACT/high school GPA is at her community college, which could play into the financial aid person thinking her grades were good. All we have to prove that she's got any kind of academic potential is pretty much hearsay at this point.

I'd also agree that we're not seeing any kind of smart from Jenelle--not common sense or book smarts. Her every action bespeaks lack of common sense, and if she had "book smarts," she'd show some signs of that. Her vocabulary, for instance, would likely be much more extensive than it is. She might actually make reference to something she'd read. She might, you know, bother to crack a book for one of her classes. I realize watching her study might not be great television, but they never even have her mention it. Compare that to Kailyn's concern about whether or not to drop a key class and take it later, because the drama in her life was keeping her from getting the kind of grade she wanted in a class necessary for the career she eventually wishes to have. The difference certainly seems to make Kailyn seem like she's taking her education more seriously. For heaven's sake, Jenelle, who supposedly wants to be a film editor, never even mentions going to a movie.

In short, if Jenelle's so smart, why does she keep making so many stupid choices on so many levels--romantic, educational, occupational etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by princessleslie View Post
    People's accounts get hacked a lot actually. I know numerous people's facebook accounts who have been hacked in addition to twitter.

It is VERY possible that Jenelle is book smart. Lots of people are book smart and just have less common sense than the rest of us. I'm not saying this is an excuse for her behavior, but it is definitely still possible.
    I do think Jenelle is very intellegent. She just makes damn stupid choices on a regular basis.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by beesknees View Post
    I do think Jenelle is very intellegent. She just makes damn stupid choices on a regular basis.
    I swear I'm not being snotty here. I'm honestly curious. What is it about Jenelle that makes you think she's intelligent aside from other people like her mom claiming she is? I'm just not seeing any signs of academic brilliance or common sense or street savvy. She surely doesn't read people well either, because she makes terrible choices in how to handle friends, boyfriends, her (former) boss, and her mother.

I just don't get any definite evidence of the intelligence she's supposed to have.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I swear I'm not being snotty here. I'm honestly curious. What is it about Jenelle that makes you think she's intelligent aside from other people like her mom claiming she is? I'm just not seeing any signs of academic brilliance or common sense or street savvy. She surely doesn't read people well either, because she makes terrible choices in how to handle friends, boyfriends, her (former) boss, and her mother.

I just don't get any definite evidence of the intelligence she's supposed to have.
    I agree that we really can't know for sure, its just a feeling I have. I do NOT think she is acting intelligent now, nor is she making intelligent choices about anything. I think that she was probably intelligent when she was younger, before she started partying and all that. She probably did great in school and made good decisions, but hanging out with the wrong crowd changed all that. I know that that has happened to a lot of people I know, and even her sister and mom claimed that she WAS intelligent, but made it seem like it is definitely in the past and she is not intelligent now.

FORT Fogey

So there is a divorce! TMZ caught Teen Mom filming Leah while she sobbed with divorce papers in her hand. She filed papers against Corey. Why did they say it wasn't true on twitter? I don't know. But it is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post

I'm with you on this. I have seen not one single thing that lends itself to the claims that Jenelle is bright.

Bright like a nightlight, maybe.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

So there is a divorce! TMZ caught Teen Mom filming Leah while she sobbed with divorce papers in her hand. She filed papers against Corey. Why did they say it wasn't true on twitter? I don't know. But it is true.
    Here's what I think as to why they're covering it up:

Because MTV wants to air it, with all the shock & drama, & if everyone knows about it ahead of time, then it takes away from the story line if we all know the outcome.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Kao

Pretty much.

It's been confirmed. The local paper in their area has a section where they list who has filed for divorce (why they do this I have no idea) and they were on it.

Whether or not they will go through with it is another story.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast