+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3/15 teen mom discussion thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Regular

Re: 3/15 teen mom discussion thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    If the financial aid check was in Jenelle's name, I don't think her mother mailing it back would affect her ability to cash it. She'd just have to go the financial aid office, tell them her mother mailed it back without her permission, and I'm pretty sure she'd get it back. It might mean an extra trip to financial aid and perhaps some time waiting in line, but it would simply be an inconvenience. It should not prevent her from going to school for the rest of the semester. What I find confusing is why the check was there in the first place. How long has the school been waiting on its tuition?

Chelsea, briefly, seems to have recovered the use of her brain, but good heavens, are all her friends mothers (or about to become a mother, in Megan's case)? Doesn't she have any friends who haven't had an unplanned pregnancy or does she simply only hang around with girls who have had babies after having one herself. It scares me, because she lives where I do. I'd like to think not every teenager in town has a child. It also scares me that her father continues to indulge her with concert tickets and hotel rooms out of town for her birthday, when she still hasn't earned that GED.
    I think you're right about Janelle's check, but I have a feeling she won't know that and she'll just freak out. And it might be tuition for the next semester, or the leftover financial aid after she bought her books.

Chelsea probably hangs out with other girls who have babies because she can actually relate to them. It's easier for them to understand that she can't go out late at night and party, and she can't just jump up and run out the door to hang out. I really can't believe she even had the balls to ASK her dad for those concert tickets. I looked into going to that concert, and the tickets were a few hundred dollars for the good seats. He should have told her that she still hasn't finished her GED, and he has paid all her bills, plus her friend megan's and her boyfriends bills for the past few months. She can get a little present on her birthday because, well it is her birthday, but she sure didn't earn 3 expensive tickets AND a hotel room for her and her friends. Additionally, a freaking expensive hotel room. Again, i've stayed in one of those and they're expensive as hell.
    Last edited by princessleslie; 03-16-2011 at 12:16 PM.

I bet Barbara did not mail Jenelle's check back. I bet she said that to punish Jenelle. She'll later tell her she has it, but she has to pay her back when she cashes it. If Barb mailed it back, she would have no chance of getting her money back.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I bet Barbara did not mail Jenelle's check back. I bet she said that to punish Jenelle. She'll later tell her she has it, but she has to pay her back when she cashes it. If Barb mailed it back, she would have no chance of getting her money back.
    But if that's the case, once she hands over the check, she'd have to trust that Jenelle pays her back out of it. I'm not sure she'd trust Jenelle to pay her back, and since Jenelle just ran up a bunch of charges on credit cards she stole from Barbara, I can't fault her for that.

Doing something as petty as playing games with her financial aid check, however, is ridiculous.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by princessleslie View Post
    I think you're right about Janelle's check, but I have a feeling she won't know that and she'll just freak out. And it might be tuition for the next semester, or the leftover financial aid after she bought her books.

Chelsea probably hangs out with other girls who have babies because she can actually relate to them. It's easier for them to understand that she can't go out late at night and party, and she can't just jump up and run out the door to hang out. I really can't believe she even had the balls to ASK her dad for those concert tickets. I looked into going to that concert, and the tickets were a few hundred dollars for the good seats. He should have told her that she still hasn't finished her GED, and he has paid all her bills, plus her friend megan's and her boyfriends bills for the past few months. She can get a little present on her birthday because, well it is her birthday, but she sure didn't earn 3 expensive tickets AND a hotel room for her and her friends. Additionally, a freaking expensive hotel room. Again, i've stayed in one of those and they're expensive as hell.
    Jenelle has spoken with financial aid to get the check in the first place. If she's too freaked out to go back there and talk to them again, she really is a mess. Now that I think about it, how long as Jenelle been going to school? Shouldn't she have a friend or two there she could talk to, who might calm her down and convince her to go see financial aid? Why is she constantly shown with her old stoner friends and her loser boyfriend? Hasn't she met anyone new since starting school? I know she's not living on campus and probably isn't in any extra-curriculars, but just in class, she should have met someone. A lot of classes require group work or group presentations. Students also frequently study in groups for exams. Is it possible that she's truly met no one new?

I felt the same way about Chelsea's dad once again footing the bill for everything. What on earth does he do for a living that he can constantly support the every whim of his lazy teenage daughter? Though she woke up enough to recognize that she was trying to do things in reverse--trying to want/establish a family after having a baby, instead of establishing the family/relationship and then having a baby--and that Adam's a loser, she still thinks she ought to have a limitless access to the Bank of Dad. I wish he'd tell her that her account has been closed. I also wanted to smack her when she got all snippy about how she really needed an all-girl weekend break what with all she'd been through, when she's been through so little. I mean, really, how stressful is her life? Yes, she has a baby to take care of, but she has no job, she's making snail-like process toward a GED, she has all her bills paid for by her dad, she has her mom to babysit for her (for free I'm sure) while she takes off for the weekend....heck, most married women with families have more stress than that. What stress Chelsea does have is entirely her own fault. It's not like she's dealing with illness or unexpected tragedy. She's dealing with her own stupidity in allowing Adam to mooch off her (off her father, really) and insult her until even her tiny brain registered the fact that he wasn't worth having around--and really, he made the decision to leave, when she--or her father--should have kicked him out long ago.

FORT Regular

Jenelle has spoken with financial aid to get the check in the first place. If she's too freaked out to go back there and talk to them again, she really is a mess. Now that I think about it, how long as Jenelle been going to school? Shouldn't she have a friend or two there she could talk to, who might calm her down and convince her to go see financial aid? Why is she constantly shown with her old stoner friends and her loser boyfriend? Hasn't she met anyone new since starting school? I know she's not living on campus and probably isn't in any extra-curriculars, but just in class, she should have met someone. A lot of classes require group work or group presentations. Students also frequently study in groups for exams. Is it possible that she's truly met no one new?
    You're right, if she doesn't want to talk to financial aid about her check then she is stupid. Although actually I was saying that she won't even think to talk to financial aid and she'll freak out on her mom instead of even considering her options.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by princessleslie View Post
    You're right, if she doesn't want to talk to financial aid about her check then she is stupid. Although actually I was saying that she won't even think to talk to financial aid and she'll freak out on her mom instead of even considering her options.

Well, if she doesn't even think of doing it and freaks out on her mom instead, then she's still stupid. Stupid on two counts, actually--first, for not thinking of it and second, for not considering the fact that if she freaks out on her mom, her mom, who has custody of Jayce, can use that to her advantage in terms of keeping her from regaining custody and perhaps in terms of even keeping her from seeing Jayce.

FORT Fogey

The check is Jenelle's. What is financial aid going to do with it mailed back, but mail it to Jenelle again. It is her money once it is issued to her. Barbara could be in as much trouble as Jenelle for the credit cards if she is holding a check for another party. How did Barbara know what it is, did she open the mail up? If she did that, than that is a felony. These two both need some serious help.

Didn't Chelsea's dad say he was some sort of engineer in the beginning, maybe I am wrong, but that is what I thought. Parents can be poor to do that type of enabling. All he has to do is have good credit, and not care if he goes in the hole trying to please her. A lot of parents do that because they do not understand that they do not have to buy their children's love.

FORT Fogey

Well, if she doesn't even think of doing it and freaks out on her mom instead, then she's still stupid. Stupid on two counts, actually--first, for not thinking of it and second, for not considering the fact that if she freaks out on her mom, her mom, who has custody of Jayce, can use that to her advantage in terms of keeping her from regaining custody and perhaps in terms of even keeping her from seeing Jayce.
    At this point, Jace and his custody would be best suited away from both of them. If Jenelle losing her parental rights comes up, the court tends to give a plan to the parent in question and give them a chance to change. Courts do not like terminating parental rights at all. Trust me we had to wait a long time to adopt our foster children, and the parents hardly did a thing in their plans. For our one daughter her mother voluntarily terminated due to jail, but the father literally only followed the plan by coming to one visit and the court said he was trying so to proceed with no termination. He did no drug tests, did not get a job, had no place to live, went to jail and got back out, and the judge still claimed he came to one visit so that was worthy of continuing to reunify them. It took 26 months to finally terminate him, and six more trips to jail. Parents do get a lot of leeway to come around.

As bad as I think the yelling and bad feelings are in that house, I don't know if it's enough for them to remove Jace from the grandmother. I know that Jenelle was seen hitting her mom once. There could be more we haven't seen, but short of that, I haven't seen any other physical violence. I think the yelling should be enough to constitute abuse, but does social services? I doubt it. There was the drug use, but grandma stomped that pretty quick.

I wonder if Andrew's parents are decent people? Could they try to get custody? It's not likely since they apparently haven't been involved with Jace since his birth.

That child deserves a calm home with mentally stable adults to love and protect him; Not two screaming people who detest each other.

this episode made me so uncomfortable. The look on that baby's face as Jenelle and her mother screamed back and forth was heartbreaking. Poor little fellow....I wish someone would step in and help him. Jenelle's mother seems as off the tracks as Jenelle....neither one is fit to parent that baby. Maybe someone will see the show and try to intervene.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast