+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50

Thread: 3/8 Teen Mom Discussion Thread **spoilers**

  1. #1
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    127

    3/8 Teen Mom Discussion Thread **spoilers**

    Aaaaaanddddd....GO!

  2. #2
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    127

    Re: 3/8 Teen Mom Discussion Thread **spoilers**

    So I just finished watching the episode, and the only thing my mind can even focus on right now is that Jo is going to hold Isaac until they go to court and get a custody agreement. That will literally destroy Kailyn. No one as a mother can work and handle life when someone else has their child indefinitely and won't let them see their child. If my baby's daddy did that to me I'm fairly certain I would panic. That's the scariest thing for a mom at all, especially a teen mom- to have your child taken away from you.

    Almost made me cry.

  3. #3
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,767

    Re: 3/8 Teen Mom Discussion Thread **spoilers**

    Jo just came off as a complete jerk tonight. He was verbally abusive and just plain petty. If he wants to sue her for the $600, fine, that's his right. But to hold onto her clothing as collateral? To inquire of the cops whether he can just hold onto Isaac indefinitely? And I'm sorry, but I'm losing respect for his mom too. I get that she's standing up for her son, but to keep Kailyn from Isaac because she dated someone else? I know it wasn't right for her to keep it a secret, but she did come clean with Jo only to have him call her a whore and tell her she ought to be in a cave, because she didn't deserve to be in the sunshine. He's just acting like a spoiled brat. I was glad to see that Kailyn's mom was being more supportive than she's been in the past, but I suspect this is all going to get very ugly, very quickly.

    Jenelle is just beyond stupid for lying to her mom about where she was going and trying to sneak out of the house like a runaway teenager. If she's really concerned about Jace, she's doing a poor job of showing it. And telling Kiefer they can use her mom's credit card in an emergency? Uh, sure, like Mom's going to allow that. I don't even blame her mother for being angry in the previews when she found out Jenelle had used her credit card without her permission (I wasn't clear on whether she stole it or had a card on her mom's account, though her mother said it was stolen). You don't rack up a bill and expect someone else to pay it. Jenelle also seemed to think her mother was being unreasonable for kicking Kiefer out after she caught them smoking pot on the porch. Geez, it is against the law, and it's not the kind of behavior that's going to make child protective services feel all warm and fuzzy should the cops have been called--and surely a neighbor could have seen them and done that. Heck, if I saw neighbors smoking weed in front of their house, I'd call the cops too, because there's nothing that brings down property values like neighbors indulging in illegal activities in their front yard.

    I'd like to see Chelsea will wake up now, but given the previews, she'll probably stupidly take Adam back again and again and again. She's so immature and so unable to make a good decision or keep to a decision once she's made it. Adam is a total loser and user. She needs to dump him for good, concentrate on getting that GED, stop depending on Daddy, and start making a life for herself. I'm not sure that "hair school" is the answer, however, since I don't think she understands how much work that will be and, not to be mean, but most stylists I know have better hair than Chelsea does. If you want to make a living doing hair and/or make-up, it's best to do a good job on your own.

    I'm glad that the MRI for Allie was clear, and that she's making progress, but I'm also happy that Leah is insistent on seeing a geneticist and getting a second opinion. She showed just how much she's grown up when she said it didn't matter if the appointment was two days before the wedding; her baby came first. She definitely has the best baby daddy of this lot and both families are supportive of the two of them. Even with the worries about Allie, they're the one bright spot on this otherwise very depressing season.

  4. #4
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    127

    Re: 3/8 Teen Mom Discussion Thread **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Jo just came off as a complete jerk tonight. He was verbally abusive and just plain petty. If he wants to sue her for the $600, fine, that's his right. But to hold onto her clothing as collateral? To inquire of the cops whether he can just hold onto Isaac indefinitely? And I'm sorry, but I'm losing respect for his mom too. I get that she's standing up for her son, but to keep Kailyn from Isaac because she dated someone else? I know it wasn't right for her to keep it a secret, but she did come clean with Jo only to have him call her a whore and tell her she ought to be in a cave, because she didn't deserve to be in the sunshine. He's just acting like a spoiled brat. I was glad to see that Kailyn's mom was being more supportive than she's been in the past, but I suspect this is all going to get very ugly, very quickly.

    Jenelle is just beyond stupid for lying to her mom about where she was going and trying to sneak out of the house like a runaway teenager. If she's really concerned about Jace, she's doing a poor job of showing it. And telling Kiefer they can use her mom's credit card in an emergency? Uh, sure, like Mom's going to allow that. I don't even blame her mother for being angry in the previews when she found out Jenelle had used her credit card without her permission (I wasn't clear on whether she stole it or had a card on her mom's account, though her mother said it was stolen). You don't rack up a bill and expect someone else to pay it. Jenelle also seemed to think her mother was being unreasonable for kicking Kiefer out after she caught them smoking pot on the porch. Geez, it is against the law, and it's not the kind of behavior that's going to make child protective services feel all warm and fuzzy should the cops have been called--and surely a neighbor could have seen them and done that. Heck, if I saw neighbors smoking weed in front of their house, I'd call the cops too, because there's nothing that brings down property values like neighbors indulging in illegal activities in their front yard.

    I'd like to see Chelsea will wake up now, but given the previews, she'll probably stupidly take Adam back again and again and again. She's so immature and so unable to make a good decision or keep to a decision once she's made it. Adam is a total loser and user. She needs to dump him for good, concentrate on getting that GED, stop depending on Daddy, and start making a life for herself. I'm not sure that "hair school" is the answer, however, since I don't think she understands how much work that will be and, not to be mean, but most stylists I know have better hair than Chelsea does. If you want to make a living doing hair and/or make-up, it's best to do a good job on your own.

    I'm glad that the MRI for Allie was clear, and that she's making progress, but I'm also happy that Leah is insistent on seeing a geneticist and getting a second opinion. She showed just how much she's grown up when she said it didn't matter if the appointment was two days before the wedding; her baby came first. She definitely has the best baby daddy of this lot and both families are supportive of the two of them. Even with the worries about Allie, they're the one bright spot on this otherwise very depressing season.
    I hate to even say this because it makes me sad, but i have a feeling Kailyn is going to end up fighting Jo for child support and losing Issac. She's clearly the more mature of the two, but Jo has a full time job also, in addition to a stable home at his parents house. From a judge's point of view, thats going to seem better than with a mom who may end up bouncing from house to house with a very busy schedule.

    I'm sad about Janelle, because at the beginning of the episode i was thinking, YES her and her mom are having an actual conversation for once, and she said she was just focusing on school and work and Jace. But for her to run away for a weekend to Jersey is stupid. She's missing valuable time at work and school, and she really is stupid if she thinks her mom isn't going to be mad that she just "borrowed" money off her credit card.

    Adam is one of the biggest jerks on the show, but I have to say that I smiled when he told Chelsea she had never had to work a day in her life and that her daddy paid for everything for her. He was wrong to act the way he has basically since the first time we saw him, but at least someone finally said it to her face.

    I'm also glad she made an appointment for Ali to get a second opinion. For that doctor to say that the MRI was clear and she was just "still young" and it wasn't abnormal for her to not be bearing weight on her legs is just plain stupid. Ali is 8 months old, and at the very least she should be able to lean on her legs and be working towards crawling. She definitely needs a second opinion before she just accepts what the first doctor said.

  5. #5
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    402

    Re: 3/8 Teen Mom Discussion Thread **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by princessleslie View Post
    I hate to even say this because it makes me sad, but i have a feeling Kailyn is going to end up fighting Jo for child support and losing Issac. She's clearly the more mature of the two, but Jo has a full time job also, in addition to a stable home at his parents house. From a judge's point of view, thats going to seem better than with a mom who may end up bouncing from house to house with a very busy schedule.
    I don't think Joe will come off too well in front of a judge if Kailyn was smart enough to save his texts & voicemails. Or if MTV allows use of their footage showing his verbal abuse & immaturity (if she got a smart lawyer they could subpoena it). I'm most upset with Joe's mother. It is possible to support her son but still call him out on his behavior especially when it comes to the best interests of her grandson. To stipulate that Kailyn can't date anyone other than Joe is ridiculous. Does Joe have to follow the same rule? It's one thing to tell Kailyn she can't bring boyfriends home, it's another to run her life.

    Quote Originally Posted by princessleslie View Post
    I'm also glad she made an appointment for Ali to get a second opinion. For that doctor to say that the MRI was clear and she was just "still young" and it wasn't abnormal for her to not be bearing weight on her legs is just plain stupid.
    What has me befuddled is why it took 8 months for anyone to notice something was wrong with Ali. The deformity on her legs is obvious -- wouldn't that be something a doctor would pick up on within the first few weeks (if not immediately)? I'm glad Leah isn't giving up and that Ali has a mom willing to fight for her.

    As for Jenelle & Chelsea... Just when you think Jenelle has it all together and her mom's meds are working it all blows up again. Her mother totally loves the control she has over Jenelle's relationship with Jace and never fails to rub it in. It's win-win really. She would have blown up if Jenelle hadn't gone and gotten milk.

    I have no words for Chelsea. She lives in some sort of fairy tale land that common sense can't penetrate.

  6. #6
    everyone's a critic... holly71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,437

    Re: 3/8 Teen Mom Discussion Thread **spoilers**

    but she did come clean with Jo only to have him call her a whore and tell her she ought to be in a cave, because she didn't deserve to be in the sunshine.
    He said that before she even told him anything! (per the editing, anyway, which I've grown not to trust too much on reality shows) That should have been her clue to not tell him. He was being hostile before she even said hello.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

  7. #7
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,191

    Re: 3/8 Teen Mom Discussion Thread **spoilers**

    I missed the show last night. I'll have to catch it tonight on a rerun.

    I am surprised that Joe thinks he can take custody from Kailyn. I guess that episode was filmed before he was arrested for drugs. That happened in mid February. Here's a link:

    Which Teen Mom 2 Star Was Just Busted for Drugs? - E! Online

    Drug use and criminal record really hurt your custody case. I hope he understands that.

  8. #8
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    127

    Re: 3/8 Teen Mom Discussion Thread **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

    I am surprised that Joe thinks he can take custody from Kailyn. I guess that episode was filmed before he was arrested for drugs. That happened in mid February. Here's a link:

    Which Teen Mom 2 Star Was Just Busted for Drugs? - E! Online

    Drug use and criminal record really hurt your custody case. I hope he understands that.
    I totally forgot about that. Child custody cases can take months though, so hopefully that can still factor in. That would definitely help Kailyn win the case.

  9. #9
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,767

    Re: 3/8 Teen Mom Discussion Thread **spoilers**

    [QUOTE=princessleslie;4232621]I hate to even say this because it makes me sad, but i have a feeling Kailyn is going to end up fighting Jo for child support and losing Issac. She's clearly the more mature of the two, but Jo has a full time job also, in addition to a stable home at his parents house. From a judge's point of view, thats going to seem better than with a mom who may end up bouncing from house to house with a very busy schedule.

    ---As someone pointed out below, Jo getting arrested for marijuana is not going to help his case nor are his hostile texts/comments to Kailyn, which are now out there for everyone to see. After the Amber debacle, you'd think the people on the show would be a little more careful of what they allowed to go public but apparently not.

    I'm sad about Janelle, because at the beginning of the episode i was thinking, YES her and her mom are having an actual conversation for once, and she said she was just focusing on school and work and Jace. But for her to run away for a weekend to Jersey is stupid. She's missing valuable time at work and school, and she really is stupid if she thinks her mom isn't going to be mad that she just "borrowed" money off her credit card.

    ---I can't imagine anyone not being mad if someone "borrowed" money off a credit card without getting permission first. I know that would make me angry. And yes, she's not only missing work and school, but you'd think that if she really wanted to make a case for regaining custody of her son someday, "borrowing" (or stealing--which is what it is, since she didn't have permission) credit card money and taking off for a weekend with a boyfriend when she could have been spending time with her son instead does not help her. Jenelle just isn't very good at making hard decisions and sticking to them, which is the only way she's going to make those dreams of hers come true.

    Adam is one of the biggest jerks on the show, but I have to say that I smiled when he told Chelsea she had never had to work a day in her life and that her daddy paid for everything for her. He was wrong to act the way he has basically since the first time we saw him, but at least someone finally said it to her face.

    ---I must have missed Adam's comment to Chelsea, but yeah, somebody needed to tell her that she's never had to work and her father pays for everything. Too bad it was no account Adam who did so, however, since that makes it easier for her to dismiss his comment, even though it was the truth.

    I'm also glad she made an appointment for Ali to get a second opinion. For that doctor to say that the MRI was clear and she was just "still young" and it wasn't abnormal for her to not be bearing weight on her legs is just plain stupid. Ali is 8 months old, and at the very least she should be able to lean on her legs and be working towards crawling. She definitely needs a second opinion before she just accepts what the first doctor said.

    ---I really don't like that doctor. His bedside manner stinks, and it's stupid to tell a parent of twins that when one twin is clearly far behind the other that it's just "normal," especially when she has someone already working with the child who knows it's not. I also thought it was sweet/funny when Cory insisted Allie could roll over and bet Leah five bucks that she could--and he was right. It's nice to see her making that little bit of progress, even if it is very delayed.

  10. #10
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,191

    Re: 3/8 Teen Mom Discussion Thread **spoilers**

    I'm glad Leah's getting a second opinon too. What kind of doctor would say something so silly? This is a national show. Wouldn't you think some doctor would see it and recognize the symptoms? Why doesn't MTV get her the top specialist in the country?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.