+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3/1 teen mom discussion thread **spoilers**

Re: 3/1 teen mom discussion thread **spoilers**

FYI Jenelle did an interview at Radaronline, and from the sound of it she may not presently be with Kiefer anymore. She definitely comes across as with a better head on her shoulders than Chelsea did in her own Radaronline interview a day or two ago.

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: 'Teen Mom' Jenelle Evans: 'Motherhood Is Not What I Expected' | Radar Online
    When you think of MTV's Teen Mom 2, what comes to mind are the hardships faced by young mothers while caring for their new babies on a day to day basis.

But that's not the case with Jenelle Evans, who made the emotional decision to sign custody of her beloved baby boy, Jace, over to her own mother. Viewers have since watched Evans ride the ups and downs of a volatile relationship with her mom, and in an exclusive interview with RadarOnline.com the reality star says their relationship hasn't improved and motherhood is not at all what she expected.

RadarOnline: Is motherhood what you had expected?

Jenelle: No motherhood is not what I expected at all

PHOTOS: Amber Portwood With New BF Adam Dockery

RadarOnline: What have been the biggest changes in your life since having a baby?

Jenelle: The big changes in my life since having a baby would definitely have to be trying to raise the money to actually move out on my own while attending work and school and dealing with maintaining relationships with my mom and my boyfriend.

RadarOnline: Has your relationship with your mother improved?

Jenelle: I thought my relationship with my mom would change since I have been seeing a therapist but even walking away from her doesn't work anymore. She continues to engage and follow me. I can't even get privacy in my own bathroom while taking a shower because she comes in there and yells at me.

EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: Amber Portwood-- Before She Was Famous

RadarOnline: Do you regret signing custody of Jace over to your mom or do you feel it was a good decision?

Jenelle: Right now at this particular moment I know it was the best decision to sign over temporary custody because I need to get my life together before I consider bringing a baby into the situation.

RadarOnline: Is it difficult to see your mom and your baby so close or do you feel a sense of relief?

Jenelle: I love when I see my mom and Jace getting along. It's important for him to have as much support as he can because his father isn't around. What bothers me is when she doesn't let me spend time with him.

PHOTOS: Terrible Teens -- Too Sexy Too Soon

RadarOnline: What are your baby's favorite words right now? Any recent milestones?

Jenelle: Jace knows how to say bye bye, hi, that, cow, and truck. His latest milestones are learning new words everyday and instead of walking fast everywhere he is just constantly climbing and running around.

RadarOnline: How are you managing work, dating, school and motherhood?

Jenelle: I'm putting relationships on the back burner for a while, and I'm focusing on Jace and going to college. I'm starting a new semester this summer at the local community college. I'm so excited. Other then that I have been seeing a therapist who is helping me cope with some of my issues and stresses.

EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: Gary Shirley's Secret Girlfriend; His Daughter Calls Her Mommy

RadarOnline: What do you miss most about your life before the baby?

Jenelle: What I miss before I had Jace was not having to worry about anyone but myself but now it's a completely different story. I constantly worry about Jace everyday whether I'm with him or not. It's a mother's instinct I guess.

RadarOnline: What would your advice be for other teen moms?

Jenelle: Advice that I would give to other teen moms is to use birth control if you are having sex or considering having sex. Enjoy your teenage years because you will have all the time in the world to enjoy your children when you get older.

VIDEO: Teen Mom 2's Jenelle Lip Syncs To Ke$ha

RadarOnline: If you could change anything about this time in life, what would it be?

Jenelle: What I would change about my life now would be having my own place to call home for me AND my son.

RadarOnline: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Jenelle: In 10 years I see myself living in a decent house with a decent car and with Jace and married to a man that deserves me and my family. I also see myself with a career as a film editor.

You can watch Jenelle's developing drama in full, and catch up on all the latest on the other teen moms, Leah Messer, Amber Portwood, Chelsea Houska and Kailyn Lowery on Teen Mom 2 airing Tuesday, March 8th, on MTV 10pm/9c.

Interview conducted by Adriane Schwartz, reporter for RadarOnline.com.
    There are links to Chelsea's interview and one done by Kailyn at the bottom of the article.
    _(Moo!)

FORT Regular

MamaAmyG-thanks for posting the links. Janelle does sound like she's figured out a balance of what is really important. I know that a lot of what we see on MTV is the clips that make them seem the worst. MTV wants drama, so they air drama. There's probably a lot to all their stories that we're not seeing.

FORT Fogey

I think the most important thing about that article is that Jenelle says she's seeing a therapist. She desperately needs someone who is calm and impartial to help her figure out how to manage her life, because neither her mother nor her boyfriend are both of those things.

I agree Tilden. I'm so glad she's seeing a therapist. Her mom needs to as well.

I hope Jenelle is able to learn that while getting her own place and being on her own are great accomplishments, "No matter where you go, there you are." I heard this saying before and it really hit home. You can't run from your troubles or escape into a world where you don't have to deal with difficult people and situations. The issues Jenelle has are deep and will carry from one relationship to another and even will effect her relationship with Jace. Living on her own is not really going to change that. She will always encounter difficult, unfair, controlling people, like she views her mom. You have to learn how to handle yourself.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I agree Tilden. I'm so glad she's seeing a therapist. Her mom needs to as well.

I hope Jenelle is able to learn that while getting her own place and being on her own are great accomplishments, "No matter where you go, there you are." I heard this saying before and it really hit home. You can't run from your troubles or escape into a world where you don't have to deal with difficult people and situations. The issues Jenelle has are deep and will carry from one relationship to another and even will effect her relationship with Jace. Living on her own is not really going to change that. She will always encounter difficult, unfair, controlling people, like she views her mom. You have to learn how to handle yourself.

I think Jenelle's mom needs to see a therapist too, and you're right that Jenelle really needs to figure out how to handle difficult people, especially her mom, because Jace is clearly going to be attached to her mom, which is something Jenelle seems okay with right now. If they don't get a grip on their relationship, Jace is going to be caught in the middle of a push-pull being Grandma and Mom, and no kid needs that.

FORT Fanatic

Am I the only one picking up on the horrible editing jobs that MTV is doing with these shows? Did anyone else notice that Keifer had shaved off his goatee when they were talking about moving into her mothers but then when they move in a day later the goatee is back?

Leah is the only one who lives in a real world on this show. Janelle, Chelsea and Kailyn all have these wild dillusions of grandeur. Janelle somehow believing that in 2 months shes going to have tons of money all the while shes squandering her financial aid. Chelsea refering to that bag of garbage as her "family" and thinking that hes a good parent. Hes taking advantage of you moron! I just wanna shake the crap out of her. And Kailyn. Thinking that she can live on her own with the baby. Out of her mind. I respect all she does with school and work, but lets be serious here. Sports Authority part time might get you somewhere as a single person living on their own. As a single mother, not gonna happen. You need to suck it, abide by the rules Jos parents give you and deal with it. It sucks but you should have thought of that when you were banging Jo without a condom.
    Also, while I dont want to side with Jo, she shouldnt have borrowed money from him and given him the hope they would get back together if all she wanted to do was stay away from him. To me it seems like she never stopped having feelings for the caveman looking dude and just stopped seeing him because she had to. Again, while I think thats ok, she should have never gone to Jo for money if that was the case. If she really wanted to break free from the family, those are things she needs to avoid. Unfortunately, she needs them and cant. Sucks.

I think that the reason Jenelle and Kailyn keep talking about having money, moving out, getting their own place, etc. is because they are planning on getting the paycheck for appearing on Teen Mom 2. I wonder what they did with the money they got for Teen Mom 1? Hmmmm

Wow, where to start?

Kailyn. The girl has gotten herself in a tough spot by moving in with Jo and it is coming back to bite her on the (you know where). I honestly feel she is doing her best and trying to get herself out of her predicament. No, she shouldn't have borrowed money from Jo, but what would YOU have done under the circumstances? If anything, Jo shouldn't have given her the money but I think he is still under the delusion that things will work out and I think he wanted something else to hold over her head to make her come back. The texts he sends her are somewhat scary because he is bordering on obsession and I wouldn't be surprised if there will be an order of protection in his future. I think she is justified in dating Jordan and trying to find a healthy relationship for herself. To be fair I think Jo's parents have a right to be angry but to tell her she can't date is overstepping their bounds. Saying she can't date is emotional blackmail and if they can't deal with it they should tell her to move out. It is their house and they have the right to make some rules but trying to tell her she can't date - unless it's their son - creates a tough situation for her. If she was smart, she would go after Jo for child support and take advantage of some of the social assistance available to her ( don't get me wrong, I'm not for more welfare leeches), and find some section 8 housing to help her get on her feet. I am sure there are also temporary shelters that are available and since she is in school I imagine she qualifies for varoius grants and aid programs. I'd much rather see someone like her - someone who works and is trying to get an education use welfare, than some crackhead baby machine who milks the system. And someone commented about her going out to eat and play video games if she is so broke. I may be wrong, but I assumed she was on a date and I know when I used to date a woman never had to pay for anything herself, so I don't think that she was blowing money.

Chelsea. I'm not a psychiatrist, but I think it's painfully obvious that she has seroius self-esteem issues. She shows classic signs of having such low self worth that she seeks out unhealthy relationships and can't stand the thought of being alone. Adam is a real tool and is clearly taking serious advantage of her (and her father). Unfortunately, when Adam is out of the picture she will probably find another guy who will exploit her. And she will probably allow herself to be used (and possibly abused) just because he tells her what she wants to hear. She is actually a great choice for the show because there are tons of girls having kids every year who are very spoiled, needy and immature like her. Maybe some of those girls will see themselves in her and realize how vulnerable they are. My wife is in cosmetology school, and is filled with teen girls with kids and similar situations. Unfortunately as long as daddy keeps footing the bills she won't have to do any growing up on her own. I hope for her sake she can serve as an anti-role-model and maybe if they keep following her she will have that snap into reality that it takes to get her life in order. But, as long as daddy keeps spoiling her she won't have to grow up. I just hope for her baby's sake she doesn't stick to the script that most girls like her follow and go from bad relationship to progressively worse relationship. She could very easily end up in an physically abusive relationship, or turn to drugs/alcohol. The key to her success starts with daddy growing a pair of marbles and stop being her crutch. And, ultimately she will have to get away from Adam and stop with the delusion that a zebra can lose it's stripes.

Janell. My prediction for her is that she will end up with a minor career in adult entertainment, followed by a lifetime of rehab and relapse. Yes, her mom has issues, but I think a lot of the comments on here about her mom are unfair. Remember that we are only seeing glimpses of her mom yelling and trying to control her daughter. We don't know how many hundreds of times in the past rules were set and ignored and opportunity was taken advantage of. I won't go into detail, but her situation is very similar to my mother/grandmother. My mom had me at 17, and over the past 36 years my grandmother has lost a rather sizeable nest egg along with her ability to react rationally to promises and predicaments. My mother has lied, cheated, and stolen. Been in rehabs and jail. And even now at 54 she and my grandmother can turn an empty roll of toilet paper that wasn't replaced into a 3-hour shouting match. We only see Janell come home late and a fight erupt, but we hvaen't seen the 200 other times that curfews were ignored and promises were made that it would never happen again. Janell is a sick girl and needs seroius help that will most likely be ignored. The best thing that could happen is that she move away and let her son have a chance at a decent life with grandma. I'm not saying that Janell's mom doesn't need help - she has seroius co-dependant issues - but that girl is poison and her delusions of grandure are signs of serious mental health issues. And the boyfriend (I think his coy comments about having money were a hint that he probably supports himself as an independant pharmacutical distributor) is nothing but trouble. I was flabberghasted at the whole pot-smoking issue and was more shocked at Janell's insinuation that mom was over-reacting. She has no business with custody of the baby, and the lack of appreciation shown by not just her, but the homeless boyfriend were proof that her mother is justified in not even wanting to leave the child alone with her. My prediction is that school will be quickly forgotten and when the show is over and her 15-minutes have faded she will end up another footnote of the "where are they now" tragedy's that put former TV stars back in the spotlight 10 years later. Her only hope at long-term success is probably losing permanant custody of her child and maybe her and Amber starring in "Real World: Prison".

Leah and Cory: I think of all the girls on the show she has the most chance of leading a somewhat successful life. As tragic as the situation is with her sick daughter I think it has forced her and Corey to realize that when you have a child life stops being all about you and your personal happiness and becomes about taking care of your child/children. If there is anything good about her situation it is that hopefully her appearance on the show will provide access to a better level of medical that would be available if she were some anonomyous person.

That's my $.02.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I think that the reason Jenelle and Kailyn keep talking about having money, moving out, getting their own place, etc. is because they are planning on getting the paycheck for appearing on Teen Mom 2. I wonder what they did with the money they got for Teen Mom 1? Hmmmm
    They didn't get any money for Teen Mom 1 because they weren't on it..... I don't think they get very much for 16 and Pregnant because they are only on one episode.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12