+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2/22 Teen Mom Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 2/22 Teen Mom Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Jenelle cracked me up last night. I'm beginning to think she may have a future in entertainment. Seriously. I have had LOTS of complaints about her, but the girl has something that is special about her. If she can avoid jail and get herself some education and associate herself with a SMART and reputable agent, I think she could do well. There is something quite charming about her that I don't think she even realizes.

What I found so funny, were the comments she made to Keifer about not knowing much about college, because it was just her first day! Something about that scene was funny, even though Keifer was being a rude dude. I really think Janelle has some qualitites that could put her in the entertainment field. We'll see.

Kailyn seems quite motiviated. I hope she keeps it up. What she doesn't seem to understand is how, despite Joe, she has it made at that house. She seems to never have a problem with child care. Some relative or Joe is always available to watch the baby. If she moves out, how is she going to manage that? Does she understand how much child care cost? For her to pay for childcare for her to work two jobs and attend classes it would cost most all of her income. Sometimes those community colleges have childcare provided on site, but you still have to pay.

Why can't she learn that Joe may be nuts and mean, but she doesn't have to allow him to push her buttons. Last night she returned home and she says she had to confront Joe about the text message he sent her. WHAT? How many times have they been told that the arguments between them would result in eviction? So why in the world would you go into the kitchen and start up with him? She knows where it will go. It doesn't accomplish anything. Either ignore hiim or send him a text or email. Keep in mind you have no where to live. I find her and Joe so frustrating. Where did Joe get that hateful, disrespectful attitude from? His parents don't seem to be that way.

I really feel for Leah and Cory's baby. I pray there is something that can be done to help her. That's a big issue for kids so young and serious medical conditions with kids, often brings breakups with the parents, even with the stongest ones.

Has anyone seen this? I thought pot was supposed to make you more mellow. Seems Joe has been naughty in more ways than we suspected.

Which Teen Mom 2 Star Was Just Busted for Drugs? - E! Online

I bet his parents are livid. I bet he's really been kicked out of the house now.

Watching Leah worry about her daughter's health just broke my heart. She's already endured more challenges than I have in my whole life, but something tells me she's going to be a good mom. And I agree with the comments upthread about Jenelle. She seemed like a monster early in the season, but now I think she's just a spitfire. She's growing on me. Chelsea, on the other hand, acts like she's still 13 -- complete with teenage whine. She's one of those personalities whose choices bring chaos and conflict, then doesn't take responsibility. To sit passively while her roommate and her boyfriend fight -- a situation she created -- and pretend she's a victim is disturbing.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Fogey

As bad as I feel for Leah, I must say that I feel glad that Allie got her and Corey as parents as opposed to any of the other young women on the show. They're clearly the best suited to deal with a crisis. They may not have as much money as the clearly pampered, spoiled Chelsea does. But Leah and Corey are committed to each other and to their children, and both of their families are supportive. Corey also really tries to give Leah special moments in the midst of their problems--the Fourth of July boat ride, the proposal--and that has to help. For someone who had all this thrust upon him very suddenly--hadn't they only been together about a month when she got pregnant--he's been a pretty stand-up guy. Even when they weren't getting along, he was always there for his twins. And Leah, for her part, seems to be a very loving mom, as evidenced in the previews for next week, when she's heard telling Allie that if Mommy could take the MRI for her, she would.

I wish I could share the new-found enthusiasm for Jenelle others have seen. I admit she's getting a much better edit, but there's still something about that rather blank, faraway stare she gets on her face so often that bothers me. It's like she checks out, and even if it's a defense mechanism, I don't think it's a very healthy one. If, on the other hand, it's drugs that are attributing to that state, as was implied by next week's previews, then that's definitely not a good move on her part. And, while I don't like her mother's attitude much either, if Jenelle and her boyfriend were getting high, or arriving high, at her house, she has a right to be angry. Nobody should be trying to take care of a toddler (or any dependent person) while high.

FORT Fanatic

I didn't watch these moms from the beginning of their stories, so I ask who is the father of Jenelle's baby, was he ever on the show, what happened to him?

Second, where in Wilmington do you think she is going to school, a college, university or jc?

I'm hoping for her, but that new boyfriend looks like a loser, and just not sure if he's in her corner or pocket! Can't stand the mom or her man either!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3 View Post
    I didn't watch these moms from the beginning of their stories, so I ask who is the father of Jenelle's baby, was he ever on the show, what happened to him?

Second, where in Wilmington do you think she is going to school, a college, university or jc?

I'm hoping for her, but that new boyfriend looks like a loser, and just not sure if he's in her corner or pocket! Can't stand the mom or her man either!
    Jenelle's baby daddy hasn't been seen since her episode of Sixteen and Pregnant. She did mention once that he was supposedly modeling in China but that she later found out that was a lie and that he was still in the area. I think she said he'd contributed a little child support, but not much and not regularly. She mentioned that he had seen Jayce once, I think, since he checked out on them.

I believe they did mention that she was going to a junior college, but I don't recall if they mentioned its name or not, and I'm not familiar at all with the Wilmington area.

FORT Fanatic

Thanks for the info. I didn't watch her on 16 and pregnant. TYVM!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3 View Post

I'm really impressed with Janelle's school situation actually. When she was signing up for college I remember the lady saying she had excellent grades in good classes from high school. I think she's actually very smart. But I agree she needs to ditch the boyfriend. I think if she did that she would go on to do great. I have to say I understand her wanting someone to just be there to love on her and stuff all the time, considering her home situation. People who have been raised without any love, especially from daddy, a lot of times keep guys around for nothing more than the love and attention.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by princessleslie View Post
    I'm really impressed with Janelle's school situation actually. When she was signing up for college I remember the lady saying she had excellent grades in good classes from high school. I think she's actually very smart. But I agree she needs to ditch the boyfriend. I think if she did that she would go on to do great. I have to say I understand her wanting someone to just be there to love on her and stuff all the time, considering her home situation. People who have been raised without any love, especially from daddy, a lot of times keep guys around for nothing more than the love and attention.

I hate to be a downer here, but having considerable experience in this area, I can, unfortunately, attest to the fact that good grades in high school, even in supposedly good classes, doesn't necessarily equate to success in college. High school classes, even high school AP classes, vary a lot in rigor and don't always prepare a student for college classes. Jenelle may have been able to skate by in high school without studying much and gotten Bs and As anyway, if she's intelligent. But college takes a lot more discipline and self-motivation that high school does. Unfortunately, I'm not sure Jenelle has that. She talks a good game--getting an apartment and making a success of her life and getting Jayce back--but her actions don't always match her words, and she sometimes seems woefully unaware of what kind of effort/money it will take to accomplish something. She was hugely surprised that her student loan wouldn't extend to helping cover the cost of an apartment, for instance, when I don't think that would surprise a lot of college students. Yes, she's gotten a job--or at least the opportunity to prove herself worthy of hiring--and she's worked a job over the summer, which is more than can be said about her boyfriend. I'm just not that confident that she'll be able to manage a job and college and paying for an apartment and getting Jayce back, particularly not while hanging onto Kiefer, who's nice enough to her but seems sorely lacking in ambition. And, as I said, if the previews are accurate and she and Kiefer show up to see Jayce at her mom's while high....yikes.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by princessleslie View Post
    The girl just craves nurturing. It's so obvious. When we see good sides to Jenelle, which tends to happen when she's separate from Barbara, it's very clear to me that she's a product of her environment.

And yeah, there's no question in my mind that she's very intelligent. It's interesting because at first I thought there was no hope for her, and that Chelsea had all sorts of potential. Then I realized it was the other way around... imagine if Jenelle was getting the support of someone like Chelsea's father??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast