+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2/8 Teen Mom Discussion **spoilers**

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

2/8 Teen Mom Discussion **spoilers**

Please keep all discussion of tonight's show in this thread!!
    Wake up and be awesome

Re: 2/8 Teen Mom Discussion **spoilers**

while janelle clearly has issues, i just can't take her mother. all that woman does is scream. i couldn't believe how she was carrying on about the tax forms!

I don't think Janelle or her mom should have that baby right now. All they both do is yell, yell, yell.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;4186289;
    while janelle clearly has issues, i just can't take her mother. all that woman does is scream. i couldn't believe how she was carrying on about the tax forms!
    Janelle's mom has lost it. I hope her attorney sees her on tv and advises her to stop all that screaming in front of the baby. It's crazy. She knows better. A judge is going to be upset to see grandma doing all that yelling. All she had to do was either give Janelle the forms or not. Personally, I would not have handed my income imformation and SS# to Janelle and her new boyfriend. Sorry, but I would have taken it over to the office myself or mailed it directly to the lady.

Janelle's mom knew Janelle was not likely to show up at 10:00 a.m. to keep the baby, so why blow a gasket about it? It's no surprise. Just state your position and move on. They don't need all the drama. PLEASE. Poor Jace. He deserves some peace and quiet. He's probably already damaged from the verbal abuse in that house.

Any bets on how long Chelsea's boyfriend last? Only time will tell. I think that no matter what he does to her, she will never let it bother her for long. I mean he could break her nose and she would say, it's okay and want to reconcil the next week, even if he refused to he was sorry. Does her mom ever come around?

To be so smart Kailyn and her baby's daddy (Joe) are quite dumb. Why in the world would you continue to run your mouth disrespectully and refuse to do your assigned housework, under their circumstances? I mean both of those parents had it made. Everything was free and they had so much support, yet those two just could not keep their fighting down. They act as if they have no control over their mouth and that it is just a given that they argue. It's ridiculous. They have no one to blame for their homelessness but themselves. And how does Kailyn think she can afford an apt and expenses on her own, when she couldn't even make it with no expenses? I don't get her at all.
    Last edited by Debb70; 02-09-2011 at 03:01 PM.

FORT Newbie

What do you expect, They're young immature teens. They all need their parents, yet try to be adults. They can't make it on their own.

"The past is history, the future is a mystery, but right now is a gift, that's why its called the present" .

Only thing I liked about the show last night.

Leaves you pondering.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

As a side point, I am completely flummoxed with regard to how both Cailyn and Jenelle's colleges handle financial aid. Cailyn seemed to have been given no advice about it at all and didn't seem to know when her payments were due or how much they were. The latter might be her fault, but the former is at least partially the fault of the financial aid office. As for Jenelle's college, she seemed to be applying for financial aid shortly before classes started. If she'd applied and been accepted to the college, which appeared to be the case, they should have started working out the financial aid package as soon as she was accepted. Colleges pretty much have to do that in order to remain competitive, as students are going to want to know if one college is significantly cheaper or more expensive, given what financial aid package they can work out.

Meanwhile, if Chelsea mentions one more time that she can't concentrate on finishing her high school degree, because she's distracted by Adam or Aubree or the shiny paperweight on her desk, I will somehow reach through the screen and smack her. Every time she says that, she uses it as an excuse to go off and shop or snuggle with Adam or go out for coffee or, for all I know, go get more highlights in her hair. I think even the producers are getting sick of it, because when she claimed Aubree was too distracting, the next shot had the words "two hours later" over the top of it, implying that she took a two hour study break after studying fifteen minutes, if that. If her father has so much excess income that he can pay for all her bills, he needs to take charge and tell her he's paying for one more thing: a tutor. And if she doesn't show up and work through her high school course work with the tutor in time to get the degree she needs to go to cosmetology school, she can pay her own bills and her own cosmetology school tuition (since I'm sure she's expecting him to pay that too). Oh, and if Adam doesn't get his butt out of that house ASAP, Adam and Chelsea can figure out a way to pay all their bills themselves. I know she's over eighteen and can see anyone she wants, but as long as her father is paying her bills, she should respect him enough to obey the very few conditions he's laid out for her to meet in return.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4187220;
    As a side point, I am completely flummoxed with regard to how both Cailyn and Jenelle's colleges handle financial aid. Cailyn seemed to have been given no advice about it at all and didn't seem to know when her payments were due or how much they were. The latter might be her fault, but the former is at least partially the fault of the financial aid office. As for Jenelle's college, she seemed to be applying for financial aid shortly before classes started. If she'd applied and been accepted to the college, which appeared to be the case, they should have started working out the financial aid package as soon as she was accepted. Colleges pretty much have to do that in order to remain competitive, as students are going to want to know if one college is significantly cheaper or more expensive, given what financial aid package they can work out.
    I completely agree! The colleges seem to not have explained anything and are waiting until the last minute to do everything. It also seems they haven't properly advised the girls on what government aid they qualify for. With Kailyn being Isaac's primary guardian she is eligible for PLENTY of government aid for school. I also don't understand why both of them said that if they couldn't come up with the money they wouldn't be able to attend school. Every single friend I know who is going to college right now has student loans out. They may need to just suck it up and take out a loan in order to better their future. Its just a part of life. It will get them through college and onto a better job.

I think Jenelle's mom totally overreacted about her tax forms. She goes on and on about Jenelle not being responsible and bettering her and Jace's futures and here Jenelle is trying to be responsible and apply for college and get started, and her mom makes SUCH a huge deal about the tax form and then REFUSES to sign it for her. True, Jenelle shouldn't have waited until the last minute to ask her for the form, but her mom should have been a little more willing to help her since it was for such an important thing. If her mom didn't understand what Jenelle was looking for she should have asked Jenelle CALMLY to call the school or to have the financial aid office explain to her and her mom exactly what tax form was needed and why.

And on a total sad note, it broke my heart when Jenelle was sitting in her room crying. I would be crying all the time too if my mom treated me like that. Her mom really doesn't seem to understand how badly it makes Jenelle feel when she said stuff like that she's the worst mother in the world and she's always screwing up and calling her a slut or other rude names. If she wants Jenelle to step up and be there all the time she needs to stop berating her every time she tries.

FORT Fanatic

With two in college myself, most if not all financial aid starts with FASFA and a tax return. Usually this process starts months ahead of time. I realize the edit but it made the aid counselors in both situations look dumb.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;4188084;
    With two in college myself, most if not all financial aid starts with FASFA and a tax return. Usually this process starts months ahead of time. I realize the edit but it made the aid counselors in both situations look dumb.
    Exactly. My entire adult working life has been spent in academia, and there's just no way those forms wouldn't have to have been filled out long ago. It doesn't just make the financial aid offices at those schools look stupid, but it makes the girls look ill-informed and their high school counselors look ridiculous. What high school student who's planning on college doesn't know that financial aid needs to be looked at while you're considering what schools you might want to attend, not after you've already been admitted. That way, you know where you feel you can afford to go, in terms of scholarship/loan opportunities. Almost all scholarships for incoming freshmen, for instance, would be decided the spring before classes start. Applications would have to be in by mid-winter at the latest. I don't know any prospective college freshman who doesn't know such things.

It worries me that younger teenagers watching Teen Mom might actually think that's the way college works, especially if they don't have a history of college attendance in their family.

For those teen moms, another concern should have been whether child care and/or family housing are available at the college at which they are enrolled and what the costs of that would be. Yet they never whisper a word about that either.

The show isn't presenting an accurate picture of college for teen moms at all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast