+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2/8 Teen Mom Discussion **spoilers**

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: 2/8 Teen Mom Discussion **spoilers**

Where is Jenelle's dad, and what's that story? You cannot convince me that there was a lot of permissive behavior on Jenelles' mother's part that led to Jenelle's assumption of priviledge. People only treat you the way you ALLOW yourself to be treated; you can't be a doormat unless you lay down, first. Yelling is not what's going to get any kind of cooperation in any situation....I believe it just makes people more defiant. Actions speak louder than words and, when all you're giving is screamed words, you are working against yourself.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Jenelle's mother is just as bad if not worse than Jenelle. Janelle wanted her help going to school, and she just shut down on her. It is like she is pushing Jenelle to fail, and than when she helps her to do it, she yells and screams. I know Jenelle is responsible for her own actions, but when you do not get praised at all, eventually you give up. Her mother is doing nothing to help Jace and his mother have a relationship.

I think some of these scenes and stories seem a little staged. Corey knew how to care for the babies just fine when they were together the first time, and now he has no clue?

The whole thing with Joe seems staged too. I mean they let Kailynn live there when she was not even with their son, and now they could care less if their grandchild is homeless?

Not as into this season as the first as now it seems they are casting certain situations and girls.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;4192176;
    I think some of these scenes and stories seem a little staged. Corey knew how to care for the babies just fine when they were together the first time, and now he has no clue?
    That actually makes a lot of sense...i remember being really impressed that Corey would have the girls for an entire weekend when him and Leah were separated and that he made an effort to do it himself, unlike pretty much every other father on the show. I would be really disappointed with him if I found out that his parents were taking care of the girls during those times.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

But, would you really be surprised? I sure wouldn't.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

With regard to Janelle and Barbara, it's difficult to know which came first, the chicken or the egg. They both are out of control with their tempters.
    It's easy for me to see Janelle at age 2, hands on hips, telling mommy who the boss of the house was and just what she was and was not going to do. (They are so cute at that age.) Some people find that kind of behavior just adorable at age 2, 3, or 4, but when it continues to age 16, it's not cute anymore and it can be dangerous. That's why when I see parents laugh off that kind of behavior, my heart drops. If your child runs the house at age 2, what in the world happens at age 16? Are you kidding me?

Regardless of whether Barb allowed Janelle to be that way growing up, she now knows that the yelling is NOT working. And even if it makes her feel better, it is HARMFUL for Jace to hear it. She does not have the luxury of yelling to blow off steam at her inconsiderate, wayward daughter. She has to protect Jace and set a good example for him that does NOT involve verbal abuse. She's not a stupid person. Doesn't she know this?

FORT Fogey

I have seen nothing in Barbara to suggest she is an intelligent person. The boyfriend or stepdad seems a little off too. It seems to me that the times she is logical she is reading it from a cue card. We foster parented several children, and adopted three neglected and abused children and one thing that is common in all of them is they start off defiant to get attention because it is the only way they got it or they have some sickness or pain all the time to try and get it.

Janelle obviously was a neglected emotionally child. She is screaming out for attention from her mother, and her mother gives her none. She is seeking out anyone or anything to dull the pain or give her any sort of attention. Keifer has nothing to focus on but her so Janelle is going to do anything to please him to keep that attention. Her mother needs to plan weekly time with her. She should have packed up Jace and went to the fireworks as a family.

If you notice, the producers show Barbara constantly putting Jace in the crib. I think she puts him to bed so early so she does not have to deal with him. It is obvious that she is not a hugging loving nurturing type of parent.

I cannot excuse Janelle now that she is an adult and should be able to somewhat modify herself and understand her mother's shortcomings and not copy them, but I do see a very unloved, unnurtured young girl that needs some praise.

I fear that she will continue to do whatever Kiefer wants her to just to have him "love" her. Barbara needs to shape up, and realize that Jace needs his mother, and his mother needs her. Janelle is still her baby, and she should be a little more there for her.

I have to say that Barb has shown love and affection to Jace. I think she is a loving grandma. She certainly doesn't know how to deal with a child who talks, but she does take good care of Jace.

I think people forget how many times Barb begged Janelle to take care of Jace. Only when his safety became a huge issue did Barb take legal action. How can a grandmother stand by and allow an admitted drug user to have full control of the baby? She could have taken Jace to a drug party and Barb could not have stopped her.

I specifically recall when Jace was first born and she and Janelle would sit on the couch with the baby. He was a newborn and needed to be held by his mom. Barb begged her and encouraged Janelle to hold the baby and care for him, but Janelle would not. She would get up and leave to party with her friends. Even her friends would tell her she needed to go home and take care of Jace. I think Barb has tried to encourage the bond between Janelle and Jace and it is Janelle who is too lazy or unconcerned to do it. She doesn't realize that Jace will not be a baby long and that after he has grown out of those early years, she can't get them back.

We can't tell what time Barb puts Jace down, but you can't clean the kitchen and do laundry with him in your lap. It appears she does all the housework.
    Barb could certainly use some parenting classes. but I don't doubt her devotion to Jace. If she didn't step in, Jace could be anywhere by now. I think it very likely that Janelle would leave Jace with anyone who would keep him, even if that person was not sober, responsible or safe.
    Last edited by Debb70; 02-15-2011 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4193955;
    I have to say that Barb has shown love and affection to Jace. I think she is a loving grandma. She certainly doesn't know how to deal with a child who talks, but she does take good care of Jace.

I think people forget how many times Barb begged Janelle to take care of Jace. Only when his safety became a huge issue did Barb take legal action. How can a grandmother stand by and allow an admitted drug user to have full control of the baby? She could have taken Jace to a drug party and Barb could not have stopped her.

I specifically recall when Jace was first born and she and Janelle would sit on the couch with the baby. He was a newborn and needed to be held by his mom. Barb begged her and encouraged Janelle to hold the baby and care for him, but Janelle would not. She would get up and leave to party with her friends. Even her friends would tell her she needed to go home and take care of Jace. I think Barb has tried to encourage the bond between Janelle and Jace and it is Janelle who is too lazy or unconcerned to do it. She doesn't realize that Jace will not be a baby long and that after he has grown out of those early years, she can't get them back.

We can't tell what time Barb puts Jace down, but you can't clean the kitchen and do laundry with him in your lap. It appears she does all the housework.
    Barb could certainly use some parenting classes. but I don't doubt her devotion to Jace. If she didn't step in, Jace could be anywhere by now. I think it very likely that Janelle would leave Jace with anyone who would keep him, even if that person was not sober, responsible or safe.

Beautifully said.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234