+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1/25 Teen Mom Discussion Thread

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

1/25 Teen Mom Discussion Thread

Sorry this thread is late guys! Please use this thread to discuss this week's episode!
    Wake up and be awesome

Re: 1/25 Teen Mom Discussion Thread

Thanks Ashley. I I'm glad most of the moms were focusing on education last night. That episode was filmed this past July 4th. I think much has happened since then. Certainly Leah's baby has had her MRI since then. I'm just so curious about her condition.

Does anyone know if the girls get paid after the filming is wrapped up?

I couldn't believe Chelsea sat on the ground close to the fireworks with her baby. If it malfunctioned, and they sometimes do, it could have hit her with fire. What were they thinking?

Chelsea doesn't seem to smart. Her father is paying for her rent and bills. I hope Adam isn't using her for free rent and food or because he wants to be on TV.
    It seemed harsh that Janelle's mother wouldn't let her take Jace out of the house. But Janelle was recently arrested for drugs. Maybe there was something drug related going on with Janelle that her mother knew about but they didn't show on camera.
    I'm glad Leah and her boyfriend are back together. Raising twins alone would be so hard, especially if something is medically wrong with one of them.
    I feel bad for Kailynn, she doesn't seem to be getting alot of understanding from anybody. I wasn't surprised she turned to Jordan for friendship or something more.

Straycat, I got the same feeling about Chelsea's boyfriend. I think he is trying to cash in on the opportunity. It's llike he was playing for the cameras. I think he wants fame, money, and a new apt. I think he wants to move in with Chelsea. I wonder what her father is going to do when he finds out.

I guess the heart wants what the heart wants, but I just think that if my dad was so generous with me, that I would do everything I could to stay in his good graces. I would get my educaton, date young men that were good role models for my child and generally do everything right for my child. Just think of the pluses you would get from dad.

There's nothing wrong with dad rewarding his girl for working hard and keeping her head on straight. But, I think Chelsea is going to be in for a rude awakening. She's going to lose all the benefits by blowing off school and hooking up with that guy. Can he support her and the baby? I don't think so. If the guy turns out to have really changed, then I'll say I was wrong. The thing is that people don't usually change without a lot of counseling, work, and support.

FORT Fogey

You're right, of course, but would you have thought that way when you were 17??

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4164801;
    You're right, of course, but would you have thought that way when you were 17??

Yeah, that's true. It took me many years to understand that if you like the bad boys, that's what you get...a bad boy that isn't worth a flip. LOL Fortunately, I didn't have a little one to think about though when I picked loser boyfriends. When you have that child who depends on you for everything, you really have to make good decisions to protect them.

Dr. Phil has a saying that I like. He says that kids don't imitate the way you treat them, but how the parents treat each other. That's what they are looking at and how they learn how to deal with others. I think that is very true.

FORT Regular

I think if Chelsea were supporting herself and paying for her own place to live and food and etc. it would be perfectly fine for her to make her own decision about Adam either way. But I think it's really inconsiderate of her to have this guy she knows her dad doesn't like staying in her house when he's paying for everything for her. He is basically, without knowing it, paying for things for Adam too. It's just very inconsiderate of Chelsea.

And I do feel bad for Janelle that her mom won't let her do anything with Jace :/ Is Jason her mother's boyfriend/husband/whatever? Because she said Jason was going to take her and Jace to the grocery store and she flipped out...but I don't understand why if her stepfather is with them?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;4164627;
    Chelsea doesn't seem to smart. Her father is paying for her rent and bills. I hope Adam isn't using her for free rent and food or because he wants to be on TV.
    It seemed harsh that Janelle's mother wouldn't let her take Jace out of the house. But Janelle was recently arrested for drugs. Maybe there was something drug related going on with Janelle that her mother knew about but they didn't show on camera.
    I'm glad Leah and her boyfriend are back together. Raising twins alone would be so hard, especially if something is medically wrong with one of them.
    I feel bad for Kailynn, she doesn't seem to be getting alot of understanding from anybody. I wasn't surprised she turned to Jordan for friendship or something more.

Chelsea lost me when she was explaining to her father that she read the questions for her world lit assignment and then was just going through the pages of the assignment looking for the answers, rather than just reading the assignment, because it was so hard. It's infinitely more time consuming to look through an assignment trying to find the one paragraph with the answer than it would be to just read the pages that were assigned. It's pretty clear to me that Chelsea is not the brightest bulb on the string, and since I live where Chelsea does, I can tell you that house her father is treating her to is in quite a nice section of town. He has to be paying a lot for her rent, food, utilities etc., and she can't read a twenty page assignment in return? She also has no business lying to her father about letting Ryan visit her at the house her father's paying for--and since her roommate doesn't seem all that keen on Ryan being around, it's an imposition on her too. It's hard for me to imagine that Ryan, who was so quick to sign over his parental rights to "that mistake" is suddenly campaigning for daddy of the year. I'd like to think it was possible for his daughter's sake, but I remain skeptical.

I was wondering about Jenelle not being allowed to take Jayce out on her own too. If that was part of the custody arrangement, then she really has no choice. In fact, as long as her mom has temporary custody, she's the one who gets to say who goes where with Jayce anyway. I'm just wondering if there's some reason--like the aforementioned drug arrest--that's making it impossible for her to take him on her own. On the other hand, taking him out shopping when he has a fever isn't a good idea anyway, and while people think little kids should all love fireworks, when they're that young, sometimes all the noise just frightens them.

Things do seem to be looking up for Leah, and it's nice that both the young parents have supportive family backing them up. That's going to make loads of difference with twins, especially if one of them may have developmental issues.

It's hard not to feel for Kailyn, because she really doesn't seem to have anyone to turn to, and she does appear to be trying. She's working part time, she's registering for community college, and her child seems well cared for and happy. While starting a relationship with Jordan (especially without informing Joe or his family) may have been a rash move on her part, I think she was just desperate for someone to be on her side that she was quick to reach out when Jordan offered some interest (and to be fair, Jordan hasn't seemed like a bad guy, so it's not like she was off with some drug addicted slacker). Joe's parents may tolerate her and help her out because of the baby, but they seem to have much higher expectations of her than they do of their own son. We hardly ever see Joe with the baby, he doesn't appear to be working or going to school, and somehow, I think if he wanted to date, even with Kailyn in the house, they wouldn't be upset about that. I do understand that it's their house and they can make up whatever rules they want for her, since they're allowing her to live there for free, but I really hope that sometime soon she can manage to find her own living arrangements that aren't so tense for everyone involved, including the baby.

I can't blame Jenelle's mom for not allowing her to take the baby out with her unsupervised. The grandmother now has legal custody. She is fully responsible for the babies welfare and safety.

She knows that Jenelle uses drugs. She admitted it to the attorney on tv. For her to allow an admitted drug user to unsupervised time with an infant is out of the question. If something happened like Jenelle having a car accident, DWI or arrest for some criminal charge, then DSS would be all over grandma. They could take action against grandma for allowing a known drug user to supervise the baby. I agree with her on this. I'm sure her attorney gave her strict rules on what to do regarding Jenelle and the baby. I'm glad she's not being slack about it.

Those sad looks Jenelle gives do not mean she is a responsible and law abiding parent. She needs to prove herself. That takes time.

FORT Fan

Im wondering about the whole pay thing too - surely they make them put money away for the babies education , a trust fund at the ver least...??

Its a lot of money! (per Teen mom 1 Amber she had to declare before a judge how much she earned)

and there was information on Janelle, her arrest record is high - some for burglary, some for drugs - but to watch her mom and her on TV - its not good. just sad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast