+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1/25 Teen Mom Discussion Thread

FORT Fogey

Re: 1/25 Teen Mom Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by princessleslie;4168423;
    What is Chelsea's roommate contributing? I wonder if Chelsea's father is paying all the bills or if he asks her to contribute some money, because if not he is being extremely extra generous already to pay for one of her friends to live with her. I hope Meagan is not taking advantage of living there either...i dont know if she works or not. But if so it's definitely not okay for him to be paying for Adam to live there too...that father has 2 people to be responsible for already, he doesn't need 2 more.
    I'm not at all certain about this, but I thought that Chelsea moved in with Megan, with Chelsea's father paying only for her share of the rent/house payment (my guess is that isn't a rental). My guess is that maybe Megan's folks are helping her out as well, since she doesn't seem to have a job either. Megan seems a bit more level-headed than Chelsea, but they both seem over-indulged to me. Being treated to a house at eighteen? Really? Hands up--how many people here lived a lot less well (and on their own dime) the first time they had their own place?

Chelsea has no business lying, by omission or commission, to her father about Adam's presence in that house, and if Adam were really serious about wanting to be a father to his daughter, he wouldn't start by lying to his daughter's grandfather. He knows he has ground to make up with Chelsea's dad; he needs to start doing that, not making things worse by lying to him.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;4168446;
    Chelsea has really disappointed me so far. She is coming across as a spoiled pampered princess with no appreciation for what a great daddy she has! I have a feeling that she knows how to sweetly manipulate him in order to get what she wants. She will be in for a rude awakening if she thinks the cosmetology school will let her enroll without having her HS transcripts! She didn't seem to be motivated to get going on that after speaking to the admissions lady. She has one month to get it all done & she's just out & about having fun, not taking care of business.

And don't even get me started on the Adam nonsense!

Chelsea, you dissapoint me, girl!

I agree. Until Chelsea is is actually financially responsible for herself, she's not going to get serioius about school or work. She's got it made and sees no reason to change. Her dad doesn't realize it, but he's not doing her any favors enabling her the way he is.

I don't think some people realize how much money it takes to live and support a child. What if something happened to her dad and he was not there to provide for her? She would be a young woman with no HS diploma, no work experience, no real skills, and totally dependent on herself for rent, utilities, food, diapers, child care, car insurance, car payments, taxes, tags, out-of-pocket medical costs, clothes, shoes for self and baby, etc. Good luck getting child support from the dad.

I hate to tell her but even if she gets a job in hair styling, it's going to be difficult to support herself as a single parent, especially for the first few years. Even with child support, it's going to be difficult. I know hair stylest who have to quit because they only make about $10,000.00 per year. You can't survive on that by yourself. I wonder if she talked to anyone about what they make and if she can live on it. Also, she is likely to have to work most evenings and Saturdays. Those are days you want to spend with your child. I'm not sure she has thought this through.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4168636;
    I agree. Until Chelsea is is actually financially responsible for herself, she's not going to get serioius about school or work. She's got it made and sees no reason to change. Her dad doesn't realize it, but he's not doing her any favors enabling her the way he is.

I don't think some people realize how much money it takes to live and support a child. What if something happened to her dad and he was not there to provide for her? She would be a young woman with no HS diploma, no work experience, no real skills, and totally dependent on herself for rent, utilities, food, diapers, child care, car insurance, car payments, taxes, tags, out-of-pocket medical costs, clothes, shoes for self and baby, etc. Good luck getting child support from the dad.

I hate to tell her but even if she gets a job in hair styling, it's going to be difficult to support herself as a single parent, especially for the first few years. Even with child support, it's going to be difficult. I know hair stylest who have to quit because they only make about $10,000.00 per year. You can't survive on that by yourself. I wonder if she talked to anyone about what they make and if she can live on it. Also, she is likely to have to work most evenings and Saturdays. Those are days you want to spend with your child. I'm not sure she has thought this through.

I suspect a lot of young women who think they want to be cosmetologists haven't thought things through. Even if you enjoy doing your own hair and make-up and helping friends do theirs, that doesn't mean you'd enjoy doing it for sometimes demanding strangers and standing on your feet long hours every day while you do it. It really is a hard job, and as you pointed out, it doesn't pay particularly well. My stylist works at two different salons and teaches dance on the side to make ends meet, as well as taking occasional jobs doing make-up for local events (and this is in the same city in which Chelsea now lives and, I assume, would like to work). She also has a young child, but she is married and has a supportive family (and while she's young, she's not a teenager). Chelsea doesn't seem focused enough to study or work that hard.

I'm also incredibly curious as to how Jenelle intends to make it in college. She keeps talking about starting college, but we haven't heard anything about what college or what kind of college or what her major will be. It's like it's just this vague concept to her, when most prospective college freshmen, even if they're not sure about their majors yet, have a better idea of what they're doing than she does.

I also wonder how she got accepted--she doesn't seem like the type whose grades would be stellar, and it's hard to imagine that she's able to pay for college without some kind of financial help. In order to go to college you have to have the grades and the money.

Tilden, Jenelle mentioned going to Cape Fear Community Colllege. It's in Wilmington, NC. It's on the coast. She lives in South Port, NC which is near Wilmington. It's an historic little, quaint town where several movies have been made, such as Crimes of the Heart and The Wedding by Oprah Winfrey.

Southport, North Carolina**< *NC Coastal Community along the Cape Fear River and Intracoastal Waterway >

I have visited Wilmington often since childhood. I have only been to Southport once or twice.

If you recall Dawson's Creek was filmed in Wilmington and South Port back in the 1990's. The cast actually lived there while filming. Some of my friends actually met Katie Holmes, Michelle Williams and some of the guys too.

I also heard Jenelle say that she graduated early. I wonder how that happened.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4168682;
    She probably went to an alternative high school. I attended one in my town and they allow you to basically work at your own pace. This makes a lot of people lazy but you can also breeze through everything and graduate really really quickly. Its like homeschooling, but with a few more teachers breathing down your neck to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by princessleslie;4168702;
    She probably went to an alternative high school. I attended one in my town and they allow you to basically work at your own pace. This makes a lot of people lazy but you can also breeze through everything and graduate really really quickly. Its like homeschooling, but with a few more teachers breathing down your neck to finish.
    OH, thanks for the info.

&amp;quot;SPYING&amp;quot; ButterflyFaery's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4168636;

I read somewhere the other day...no I don't remember where...I read so many things that the roomate Mehgan is that her name is now pregnant
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;4168868;
    I read somewhere the other day...no I don't remember where...I read so many things that the roomate Mehgan is that her name is now pregnant
    I read that somewhere too! I hope it's not true!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4168682;
    Tilden, Jenelle mentioned going to Cape Fear Community Colllege. It's in Wilmington, NC. It's on the coast. She lives in South Port, NC which is near Wilmington. It's an historic little, quaint town where several movies have been made, such as Crimes of the Heart and The Wedding by Oprah Winfrey.

Southport, North Carolina**< *NC Coastal Community along the Cape Fear River and Intracoastal Waterway >

I have visited Wilmington often since childhood. I have only been to Southport once or twice.

If you recall Dawson's Creek was filmed in Wilmington and South Port back in the 1990's. The cast actually lived there while filming. Some of my friends actually met Katie Holmes, Michelle Williams and some of the guys too.

I heard her mention transferring credits to Cape Fear on the phone, but I didn't understand what that meant. Would the community college be accepting high school credits? Colleges sometimes do that for AP courses or courses taken at other colleges during high school, but I just couldn't see Jenelle managing that, unless she's a lot brighter than she lets on.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;4168885;
    I read that somewhere too! I hope it's not true!
    Megan is pregnant, there are photos of her online. She is hoping to get a Teen Mom spinoff show starring both she and Chelsea.

Also, the house the girls live in is rented and not owned by Chelsea's dad I'm pretty sure. There was mention on one episode of her dad paying the rent, not the mortgage. I doubt Megan pays anything. She probably just pitches in for groceries and stuff.
    Wake up and be awesome

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast