+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1/25 Teen Mom Discussion Thread

FORT Newbie

Re: 1/25 Teen Mom Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4166472;
    Shouldn't the ultimate goal here be to get to the point where Jenelle has learned to be responsible enough to care for Jayce on her own? Unless Barbara wants to take over for good, which wouldn't surprise me. But let's not pretend that Barbara is doing all of this out of the goodness of her heart - she wanted control, make no mistake about it. Jenelle ISN'T ready to care for Jayce, but she's never going to get there on her own, and Barbara is making no effort to help her. That sounds like someone with an agenda to me.
    I agree with this completely. Like it or not, the baby is JENELLE'S and not BARBARA'S. And while Jenelle is nowhere near ready to care for the child by herself, her mother should be helping her progress with getting a job and allowing Jenelle to do things with the baby (I understand if Barbara needs to be there), not completely cutting Jenelle off from spending time with and taking care of Jace. It's a process that both Jenelle and Barbara need to learn and grow from, and Barbara taking complete control is only going to make things worse for every relationship in that house in the long-run.

FORT Regular

My only hope for Jace through all of this is that he looks at both his mother and grandmother and vows to be nothing like either of them and sticks to it. I am the way I am because I wanted to be nothing like my mother, and I hope Jace can do the same thing and have a bright future despite all this hecticness.

Quote Originally Posted by princessleslie;4166571;
    My only hope for Jace through all of this is that he looks at both his mother and grandmother and vows to be nothing like either of them and sticks to it. I am the way I am because I wanted to be nothing like my mother, and I hope Jace can do the same thing and have a bright future despite all this hecticness.
    I"m glad you have sought a good direction for your life, but most kids follow right in their parents footsteps, even when it is bad. I think that counseling would help both Jenelle and Barbara. They need to learn skills to help them communicate in a better way and how to set a good example for Jayce. Jayce will learn to treat others, the way Barbara and Jenelle treat each other. That is not good.

Does anyone know where they are from originally? I live in NC and their accents are definitely not local. LOL

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4166615;
    Does anyone know where they are from originally? I live in NC and their accents are definitely not local. LOL
    I was definitely wondering that myself...the accent sounds like a mix of something northern and southern..but i cant figure out what it is

Quote Originally Posted by princessleslie;4167581;
    I was definitely wondering that myself...the accent sounds like a mix of something northern and southern..but i cant figure out what it is
    Her mom sounds more like she is from Northeast (Boston) area.

FORT Fogey

I happened to catch the latest episode again today and noticed that Chelsea told her father that formula was the most expensive thing she had to buy, so she'd been eating a lot of Ramen noodles--and then he handed her a bunch of cash so she could pick up groceries. In the next scene they showed up her, Chelsea and her baby daddy were sitting in the living room with Aubrey, and Chelsea was sucking down an iced coffee drink. My first thought was, how can she afford a large iced coffee drink--it looked like a Starbucks--when she can only afford Ramen noodles?

Now, I'm not saying everyone doesn't deserve to treat themselves now and then, but maybe her dad should pick up groceries for her or give her preloaded grocery store cash cards so she has to spend the money he's giving her for groceries on groceries--and if she wants some fun extras, she can pay for them herself (certainly many people her age work to buy the things they want beyond what their parents provide). The more I see of her, the more I think she's taking advantage of her father, who's really going way out of his way for her by paying for her to live in a house nicer than most people's first apartments and paying for her groceries. We don't even see her making much progress on that high school diploma, which was the only thing her father was asking for in return for all his largesse.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4168103;
    I happened to catch the latest episode again today and noticed that Chelsea told her father that formula was the most expensive thing she had to buy, so she'd been eating a lot of Ramen noodles--and then he handed her a bunch of cash so she could pick up groceries. In the next scene they showed up her, Chelsea and her baby daddy were sitting in the living room with Aubrey, and Chelsea was sucking down an iced coffee drink. My first thought was, how can she afford a large iced coffee drink--it looked like a Starbucks--when she can only afford Ramen noodles?

Now, I'm not saying everyone doesn't deserve to treat themselves now and then, but maybe her dad should pick up groceries for her or give her preloaded grocery store cash cards so she has to spend the money he's giving her for groceries on groceries--and if she wants some fun extras, she can pay for them herself (certainly many people her age work to buy the things they want beyond what their parents provide). The more I see of her, the more I think she's taking advantage of her father, who's really going way out of his way for her by paying for her to live in a house nicer than most people's first apartments and paying for her groceries. We don't even see her making much progress on that high school diploma, which was the only thing her father was asking for in return for all his largesse.
    Yeah, I was uneasy when they described the arrangement in the premiere, and I'm disappointed that she is not living up to the hopes I had for her. I just don't think she was ready to be given that kind of responsibility. She could still turn it around, but she's making more irresponsible decisions than responsible ones in the clips they air.
    _(Moo!)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;4168264;
    Yeah, I was uneasy when they described the arrangement in the premiere, and I'm disappointed that she is not living up to the hopes I had for her. I just don't think she was ready to be given that kind of responsibility. She could still turn it around, but she's making more irresponsible decisions than responsible ones in the clips they air.
    She also mentioned that she was seeing Adam behind her father's back, allowing him to spend time with her and Aubrey in the house he's paying for without telling him, and considering letting him move in without telling her father. First of all, her father's there often enough, and he's not an idiot--he'd notice if Adam was living there. Second, if her father's paying for her housing, he does have the right to know that Adam is there. If she's over 18, she has the right to see whomever she wants, but by the same token, if she's a legal adult, her father is no longer legally responsible for paying for her housing, food etc. If she's continuing to rely on him for housing, food etc. , then she is also obligated to live by the rules he's set down for her, which are really quite simple and doable.

Meanwhile, my heart breaks for Leah, who's now wondering if Ali's problems are her fault, because she was "too little" to carry two babies. I'm glad her mother was there to tell her that was wrong--even if that had anything to do with Ali's issues, Leah's size is hardly anything she can control, so it couldn't possibly be her fault. It's natural to have irrational thoughts like that when someone you care about is having health issues, but that doesn't mean they have anything at all to do with the situation at hand. I really like how Leah and Corey both have family who are willing to work with them without spoiling them or trying to control them.

I also really can't stand Joe for saying that Cailey doesn't pay for anything or do anything. She may not be paying rent etc., but she certainly does do something--she cares for his child, she works part-time, and she's registering for junior college. And while he was complaining, what was he doing? Playing an indoor basketball game with a friend at his parents' house. Does he work? Attend school? Share in the childcare for his son? We certainly never see any of that if he does.

FORT Regular

What is Chelsea's roommate contributing? I wonder if Chelsea's father is paying all the bills or if he asks her to contribute some money, because if not he is being extremely extra generous already to pay for one of her friends to live with her. I hope Meagan is not taking advantage of living there either...i dont know if she works or not. But if so it's definitely not okay for him to be paying for Adam to live there too...that father has 2 people to be responsible for already, he doesn't need 2 more.

Chelsea has really disappointed me so far. She is coming across as a spoiled pampered princess with no appreciation for what a great daddy she has! I have a feeling that she knows how to sweetly manipulate him in order to get what she wants. She will be in for a rude awakening if she thinks the cosmetology school will let her enroll without having her HS transcripts! She didn't seem to be motivated to get going on that after speaking to the admissions lady. She has one month to get it all done & she's just out & about having fun, not taking care of business.

And don't even get me started on the Adam nonsense!

Chelsea, you dissapoint me, girl!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast