+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1/18 Teen Mom Discussion *spoilers*

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

1/18 Teen Mom Discussion *spoilers*

It's another episode of Teen Mom! Bring your earplugs because we will all be sick of Jenelle in 10 minutes!

Please keep all discussion in this thread!
    Wake up and be awesome

Re: 1/18 Teen Mom Discussion *spoilers*

Anybody watching tonight? Jenelle is going to court right now against her mom. Jenelle doesn't have a lawyer so the hearing is going to be continued.
    Wake up and be awesome

FORT Fogey

I'm probably going to get crucified for this, but I think Jenelle is right in some ways about her mom. I think her mom wants Jace for her own for selfish reasons. She doesn't ask Jenelle to be involved, she doesn't let Jenelle do the few things she wants to do, she doesn't hold her accountable or take any steps toward demanding that she be more responsible. I think her custody issue is more about her wanting to be in control and to have Jace be hers than anything else.

That being said, Jenelle is irresponsible and out-of-control. But that doesn't just come out of nowhere. She's still responsible in her actions, because society outside of her mother has taught her that some things are wrong. But her statement to her mother "obviously you're not that great of a mom either since I'm the one who got pregnant at 16" says it all.

FORT Fogey

Oh, and my heart is breaking for Leah, and I don't like Kailyn, and I'm annoyed that Chelsea is letting Adam back into her life.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4153284;
    I'm probably going to get crucified for this, but I think Jenelle is right in some ways about her mom. I think her mom wants Jace for her own for selfish reasons. She doesn't ask Jenelle to be involved, she doesn't let Jenelle do the few things she wants to do, she doesn't hold her accountable or take any steps toward demanding that she be more responsible. I think her custody issue is more about her wanting to be in control and to have Jace be hers than anything else.

That being said, Jenelle is irresponsible and out-of-control. But that doesn't just come out of nowhere. She's still responsible in her actions, because society outside of her mother has taught her that some things are wrong. But her statement to her mother "obviously you're not that great of a mom either since I'm the one who got pregnant at 16" says it all.
    I completely agree with you! If Janelle's mom wanted her to take more responsibility for Jace she needs to push her and at least let her try to help with him. I think she just wants to "win".

FORT Fogey

I don't think either Jenelle or her mother are appropriate guardians for Jayce, but I guess if those were my only two choices, I'd still pick Jenelle's mom over Jenelle, if for no other reason than that she's the more stable of the two (though that's not saying much). Really, I think it's probably difficult to tell exactly what Jenelle has consistently wanted to do or how much her mother has prevented her from doing from just what we've seen on camera. Jenelle, however, does drive me nuts when she proclaims things like, "I make sure I see that child everyday!" Well, duh. Isn't that kind of basic and not really something that qualifies you as a great parent? Heck, I see my neighbor's kids pretty much every day too, but that doesn't mean I should be in charge of them. Jayce may be at least physically safer with his grandmother, but then again, I'm not sure that he's emotionally safe with either one of them.

As for Jenelle saying her mother must not have been a great parent either, given that Jenelle got pregnant at sixteen, I think we've seen plenty of examples of good parents, indifferent parents, and flat out bad parents between Teen Mom and Pregnant at Sixteen who had kids get pregnant at sixteen. And I'm sure we all can think of perfectly decent parents we know who've ended up grandparents earlier than they imagined. It's not just bad girls who get pregnant and it's not just bad parents who have daughters who get pregnant. Thankfully, not all teen moms are Jenelles or Ambers either.

I think that Jenelle has been a lazy, irresponsible parent in so many ways that her mom just finally had enough. Her mom has begged her many times to take care of her child. Jenelle's response is to constantally ignore her pleas and go out and do as she pleases, while neglecting Jayce.

Many of you must be really young, because believe me, a woman her age does NOT want the work of raising an infant. When you get to that age, you want some peace and quiet and to relax a bit. IMO she had no choice but to take care of Jayce's needs. It was a good idea to get custody. That way, Jenelle can't get high and take off with the child and expose him to criminals, drug users and violent people like herself.

My concern with Jenelle's mom is that she raised Jenelle to be a big, spoiled brat with no respect for authority. She needs to get some parenting skills to help her avoid doing that with Jayce.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4153865;
    I think that Jenelle has been a lazy, irresponsible parent in so many ways that her mom just finally had enough. Her mom has begged her many times to take care of her child. Jenelle's response is to constantally ignore her pleas and go out and do as she pleases, while neglecting Jayce.

Many of you must be really young, because believe me, a woman her age does NOT want the work of raising an infant. When you get to that age, you want some peace and quiet and to relax a bit. IMO she had no choice but to take care of Jayce's needs. It was a good idea to get custody. That way, Jenelle can't get high and take off with the child and expose him to criminals, drug users and violent people like herself.

My concern with Jenelle's mom is that she raised Jenelle to be a big, spoiled brat with no respect for authority. She needs to get some parenting skills to help her avoid doing that with Jayce.
    I do agree that Jenelle has taken complete advantage of her mother. I distinctly remember her saying to a friend that she fed Jayce, gave him a bath, and put him to bed. Why should she stay home after all that when all he was going to do was sleep, and besides, her mom was there? Yes, but maybe her mom didn't want to be there. Maybe she has other things she'd rather be doing from time to time than being a constantly on-call babysitter. Her mother was consistently the one taking Jayce to childcare in the morning too, while Jenelle just slept in--it wasn't like she had to get to school or something. Speaking of which, Jenelle said she was getting ready to go to college. Really? By doing what? Partying? And where exactly is she planning on going to college and what were her childcare and living situation plans while going to college? Who was going to pay for college? If the answers primarily involved continued dependence on Mom, then I also can see why Mom has had enough.

However, like you, I can also see where Mom may not necessarily be the greatest parent either. But then, I've also seen aberrations where one kid in a family is just a complete hellraiser and the other two or three are fine, and they were all raised in basically the same situation by the same parents, so obviously there are other factors in play too.

I couldn't believe it when Jenelle told that lawyer that she only smokes pot sometimes & that she would quit doing it if she had custody of Jace. Really? As if she wasn't Jace's legal guardian prior to her mom filing for custody! What a dimwit. I also had to laugh when she made the comment about going to college in the fall. This girl would flunk out in the first half of the semester because she'd never show up to a lecture!

I also cannot believe Chelsea is so dense so as to let Adam back into her & Aubrey's lives! Even when she let him come over & told him that the texts he sent were so hurtful & mean, he still didn't apologize, or even act ashamed of it! All he said was that he had "reasons" for it. Not once did he show any remorse or take any responsibility for his actions. He hasn't changed one bit & soon enough she'll see. Aubrey doesn't need a toxic parent in & out of her life. It will only confuse the poor child.

I also thought it was weird that Leah's pediatrician never said anything about the baby's legs & arms at any of the dr's visits. I'm assuming this just based on Leah saying that she noticed this & that. She never said anything about the baby's dr pointing it out or anything like that. If that is the case, then time to find a new dr!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Thanks for the great detailed discussions in this thread this week. I won't be doing a Teen Mom recap because I'm on double Jersey Shore duty this week, so reading the discussion here is a great replacement!
    Wake up and be awesome

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast