+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 1/18 Teen Mom Discussion *spoilers*

FORT Regular

Re: 1/18 Teen Mom Discussion *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;4162679;
    It's not just you. Juice in bottles and prolonged bottle-feeding are pet peeves of mine too. A friend of mine who had three children under three and allowed the older children to continue to drink all their fluids from bottles was recently faced with their front four teeth having painfully decayed, and required caps. Her children suffered physically and it was several thousand dollars to fix. It broke her heart, and mine for her. There is a real risk that comes with that convenience.
    My stepbrother had to get 6 caps and my stepsister had to get 8 when they were about 5 years old because they had bottles for too long. Anytime I see people doing that it just makes me remember how neglectful my brother and sister's mom was and I don't know how anyone could do something for their child that is so bad for them.

Quote Originally Posted by princessleslie;4162868;
    My stepbrother had to get 6 caps and my stepsister had to get 8 when they were about 5 years old because they had bottles for too long. Anytime I see people doing that it just makes me remember how neglectful my brother and sister's mom was and I don't know how anyone could do something for their child that is so bad for them.
    I wouldn't say it is always neglectful, because my friend was anything but! It is definitely the path of least resistance though, and it can carry a price.
    _(Moo!)

right. and downs is not something it would take them months to discover.

i thought they talked abt the baby having some problem on the season preview show and said that it went away??? water on the brain or something and the baby's head was measuring too large? or maybe this was a completely different show. i watch too much tv, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn;4161217;
    Neither of those two sweet babies have any benchmarks for Down's Sydrome at all. I don't know who the childrens primary pediatrician was, however Ali's lack of development is something that should have been picked up long ago. Kudo's to Leah for keeping on top of things.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;4163164;
    right. and downs is not something it would take them months to discover.

i thought they talked abt the baby having some problem on the season preview show and said that it went away??? water on the brain or something and the baby's head was measuring too large? or maybe this was a completely different show. i watch too much tv, lol.
    Lol yeah that was the young mother on American Idol, we watch too much tv, but is it me or does the Leah baby have a red mark on her face?
    Freedom, Justice & Equality For All

Quote Originally Posted by KELBEL;4163195;
    Lol yeah that was the young mother on American Idol, we watch too much tv, but is it me or does the Leah baby have a red mark on her face?
    yes, baby has a red/pink mark on her face. it will probably fade as she gets older.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I agree on the bottles, I took them away from my kids at 1 year. My husband's step-nephew I guess you would call him gets a chocolate milk bottle at bed time and is about 18 months

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;4167184;
    I agree on the bottles, I took them away from my kids at 1 year. My husband's step-nephew I guess you would call him gets a chocolate milk bottle at bed time and is about 18 months
    that kid's teeth are gonna be jacked!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

i don't watch american idol, lol! but who knows where i saw that story.

Quote Originally Posted by KELBEL;4163195;

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;4172369;
    i don't watch american idol, lol! but who knows where i saw that story.

It was on a special about the moms from 16 and Pregnant...not Leah though, a different teen mom....can't remember her name, but it was her little boy whose head was measuring large.

ohhhhhhhhhh, okay, thanks! you're right! that's what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by wildt;4178096;
    It was on a special about the moms from 16 and Pregnant...not Leah though, a different teen mom....can't remember her name, but it was her little boy whose head was measuring large.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345